Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sign Greg Hardy Please
MODS.... Blow this effing thread out of the water.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it does.  he will not get signed until he admits he has a problem and is getting help.

That is the way it has always worked with sports stars.  they get a second chance if they just admit they have messed up and rae getting help with their problem.

They have to apologize before they can be forgiven.

America loves a redemption story, "we" always have.  The problem with assholes like Hardy is you have to actually ask for redemption before it can be given.

And for anyone who is in any way advocating that it is even remotely ok to hit a woman, I have one thing to say... "shame on you".  Yes, if your life is in danger or somehow Rhonda Rousey decides to come after you, then it is perfectly acceptable to restrain her while defending yourself.  This was not the situation with Greg Hardy, who is built like a Greek statue.  Imagine how you would feel if this was your sister, your mother... your daughter.  Now ask yourself if it's really not that big of a deal...
Reply/Quote
I am for getting an End as much as anyone and was completely on board with getting this guy before he went
to Dallas. But this guy doesn't seem like he will ever learn and frankly seems like a major peice of shit.

No thanks on Hardy. All the talent in the world cannot make up for the head case this dude is.
Reply/Quote
Ray Rice handled it well. Now he hasn't gotten another shot but his production had slipped prior to the incident. Hardy from watching the Cowboys replay Sunday, can still be disruptive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ray Rice handled it well. Now he hasn't gotten another shot but his production had slipped prior to the incident. Hardy from watching the Cowboys replay Sunday, can still be disruptive.

Have to have someone to set him in his place if we were to bring him in.

That was pathetic in Dallas the way the coaches and players just let him act like an idiot all the time.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was pathetic in Dallas the way the coaches and players just let him act like an idiot all the time.

He was Jerry's boy all the way.  Nothing the players or coaches could do about that.

Every time I heard the Cowboys release a statement about Hardy it was always Jones and never Garrett.
Reply/Quote
Right Fred. And if I'm late to work, and skipping work and it's brought to my bosses attention and he calls me a team leader then why should I change? Jerrah probably wasn't the right owner to keep him together. I still don't think he's worth it unless it's close to the minimum, but you hate to reward his attitude concerning the situation so my vote is still no.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was Jerry's boy all the way.  Nothing the players or coaches could do about that.

Every time I heard the Cowboys release a statement about Hardy it was always Jones and never Garrett.

Could be right.

Still, that was embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
I say why not. If he was sort of cheap,I don't think he could destroy this team.I think the guy would bring us sacks and pressure,and cause Pitt to cry some more and really call us dirty. We can have the nasty bad boy image with Tez and Hardy leading the way Lol.if he's that much of a problem cut ties he didn't cost much.but do I think Marvin would do it? No
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: America loves a redemption story, "we" always have.  The problem with assholes like Hardy is you have to actually ask for redemption before it can be given.

And for anyone who is in any way advocating that it is even remotely ok to hit a woman, I have one thing to say... "shame on you".  Yes, if your life is in danger or somehow Rhonda Rousey decides to come after you, then it is perfectly acceptable to restrain her while defending yourself.  This was not the situation with Greg Hardy, who is built like a Greek statue.  Imagine how you would feel if this was your sister, your mother... your daughter.  Now ask yourself if it's really not that big of a deal...

No, I don't subscribe to traditional gender projections.  I don't deal in absolutes either. So, sorry?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 07:47 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: No, I don't subscribe to traditional gender projections.  I don't deal in absolutes either. So, sorry?

I don't subscribe to your definition either.

Don't deal in absolutes unless it is about your soul BTW.

Sorry if i offend.
Reply/Quote
After looking into all about him after this,I'd say no now.I really didn't get into the story before, but he really seems like a angry thug to me,and I'm for giving people extra chances,but his image is going to stay really bad,and I don't really want that on our team.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 02:49 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: After looking into all about him after this,I'd say no now.I really didn't get into the story before, but he really seems like a angry thug to me,and I'm for giving people extra chances,but his image is going to stay really bad,and I don't really want that on our team.

Our image hasnt changed. People act like we still lead the league in arrests. Even though we havent had any arrests in years. We play against the dirtiest team in the league who has a safety the constantly gives out concussions. Yet we are the team that has a player get an unprecedented suspension for player safety.

Our image is what it is. Whether we sign Hardy or not we are viewed as a team of convicts and thugs. So F it. Take a chance on one.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Our image hasnt changed. People act like we still lead the league in arrests. Even though we havent had any arrests in years. We play against the dirtiest team in the league who has a safety the constantly gives out concussions. Yet we are the team that has a player get an unprecedented suspension for player safety.

Our image is what it is. Whether we sign Hardy or not we are viewed as a team of convicts and thugs. So F it. Take a chance on one.
There was nobody with a image like that on our team,he's got a crazy woman beater image ,not just one punch either,a stuff a woman's face in a toilet beater.nobody will root for the guy,he will be rooted against.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 02:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right now the cost for Hardy is league minimum.  No team has made him any offer at all.  

Gilberry has a job.  Hardy does not.

Do you think Gilberry is better than Hardy?
1. How do you know what Hardy is willing to play for? Last year he got a game bonus check for every game he played that was more than his entire base salary for the year, plus he received escalators for workouts and sacks. So to say he is available for the league minimum might be a little misleading.

2. I think Hardy is much better than Gilberry

3. As I said he hasn't signed because currently nobody thinks he's worth the cost, but to use the reasoning of  Dallas didn't sign  him is silly. Does that mean we cannot sign anyone else because Dallas hasn't signed them?

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3. As I said he hasn't signed because currently nobody thinks he's worth the cost, but to use the reasoning of  Dallas didn't sign  him is silly. Does that mean we cannot sign anyone else because Dallas hasn't signed them?

1.  Dallas is desperate for DEs

2.  He played in Dallas last year so they know more about his locker room problems than any other team.
Reply/Quote
This can be debated all day, but I'd bet the ranch it'll never happen. Hardy is most likely going to be unemployed this year, and maybe for many more.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: MODS.... Blow this effing thread out of the water.

+ REP
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 11:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Dallas is desperate for DEs

2.  He played in Dallas last year so they know more about his locker room problems than any other team.
Dallas let Pickman and Terrance Newman leave too. For cheap. They havent had much at CB
Reply/Quote
no way
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote