Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Jermon Bushrod OT
(09-12-2018, 12:34 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree that players can improve. However, Ogbuehi and Fisher are in their 4th year now. If improvement doesn't arrive then I'm not sure we can expect any.

We could still move Glenn to the right side and Boling to LT and insert Westerman at LG.That is an option and it would put our 5 best lineman on the field. At least those are the players I consider to be out 5 best linemen.

If Hart continues to struggle against the Ravens and we don't bring in Bushrod or another OT i would move Boling to
RT, keep Glenn at LT and put Westerman at LG like you said. Just cannot do it this week, need to wait til after the
Ravens game and try this cause i agree it gets our 5 best Lineman on the field. Plus we would have a long week to
practice with this lineup.

Boling played RT in college, i don't think Glenn has ever played RT even if he looks like the type.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Hart continues to struggle against the Ravens and we don't bring in Bushrod or another OT i would move Boling to
RT, keep Glenn at LT and put Westerman at LG like you said. Just cannot do it this week, need to wait til after the
Ravens game and try this cause i agree it gets our 5 best Lineman on the field. Plus we would have a long week to

Boling played RT in college, i don't think Glenn has ever played RT even if he looks like the type.

Agree, if Hart stinks up the joint again it's time to shake it up - now ! Don't wait until week 11 like they did couple seasons ago with Ogbuehi.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 03:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, if Hart stinks up the joint again it's time to shake it up - now ! Don't wait until week 11 like they did couple seasons ago with Ogbuehi.

Yes, and if Westerman is purely a LG like some are saying than this helps to get the guy on the field next to a couple
of good players in Glenn and Price. Having Boling next to Redmond should help him as well. I think this is a no brainer
if Hart continues to struggle. We would only be moving one player essentially in Boling and giving Westerman a chance
to grow as a LG.

We also wouldn't have a problem integrating a new OT into our system like we would with say Bushrod.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree that players can;t improve.. many times a change in teams or coaches do help a player improve.. it happens all the time around the league.. time will only tell with Pollack but his input will have a long way to go if we pick or dont pick up another player

happens so often you don't use proof
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Hart continues to struggle against the Ravens and we don't bring in Bushrod or another OT i would move Boling to

That would work too. It doesn't allow for a decent backup at any position on the line, but at least we start our best.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 12:34 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree that players can improve. However, Ogbuehi and Fisher are in their 4th year now. If improvement doesn't arrive then I'm not sure we can expect any.

We could still move Glenn to the right side and Boling to LT and insert Westerman at LG.That is an option and it would put our 5 best lineman on the field. At least those are the players I consider to be out 5 best linemen.

you can;t move Glenn in my opinion.. if have to have your best pass blocking tackle at LT to protect the blindside.. way too many dominoes at this point to try to move... Redmond struggled also... so not sure those are your best 5 anyway.  again you have to scheme and Pollack as a new coach has to get a bit more out of what you have in our tackles.. and after 2 game if things are bad they might look FA
Reply/Quote
They could always go buy a pack of Winstons.. Winston taste good like a cigarette should.. or as Piano man used to sing, "Me and my Winston..we got a real good thing ." 
Yeah, uhh, no.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 05:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That would work too. It doesn't allow for a decent backup at any position on the line, but at least we start our best.

I think Hopkins is a decent backup, he is just not a starter.

Fisher might be a decent backup at LT, he just isn't a RT, never has been IMO.

PA was doing the ole putting square pegs in round holes with both Og and Fish. Need more power to play RT.

Atleast Fisher in the past has had good feet which is what you need in a LT.
Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/12/saints-re-sign-jermon-bushrod/

Bushrod just resigned with the Saints.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 07:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Hopkins is a decent backup, he is just not a starter.

Fisher might be a decent backup at LT, he just isn't a RT, never has been IMO.

PA was doing the ole putting square pegs in round holes with both Og and Fish. Need more power to play RT.

Atleast Fisher in the past has had good feet which is what you need in a LT.

PA is busy in Dallas ruining their OL play. Thank God he's no longer here.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:30 PM)BengalChris Wrote: PA is busy in Dallas ruining their OL play. Thank God he's no longer here.

True that, thank God all the time for this...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 12:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that, thank God all the time for this...

They looked porous to death on Sunday.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:30 PM)BengalChris Wrote: PA is busy in Dallas ruining their OL play. Thank God he's no longer here.

(09-13-2018, 12:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They looked porous to death on Sunday.

Fred needs to do a double take, watch that O-line with Pollack and than watch it with PA coaching them.

Fred needes to tell me that Dallas didn't make a mistake moving on from Pollack to PA lol
Reply/Quote