Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Mark Barron?
If I were the Bengals I'd be heavily interested in signing Mark Barron to replace Emmanuel Lamur..

I don't think he'd cost as much either.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:11 PM)milksheikh Wrote: If I were the Bengals I'd be heavily interested in signing Mark Barron to replace Emmanuel Lamur..

I don't think he'd cost as much either.

Wasn't Barron a S coming out of Bama? Would he be able to transition to Lamur's position?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 02:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Wasn't Barron a S coming out of Bama? Would he be able to transition to Lamur's position?

The Rams transitioned him into an OLB. He's basically playing the popular hybrid role.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 02:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Wasn't Barron a S coming out of Bama? Would he be able to transition to Lamur's position?

Well, Lamur didn't exactly transition too well to it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Struck out with Mays, struck out with Lamur, maybe we get a winner with Barron?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, for this. Lamur blowz.

Getting Barron or drafting Killebrew seems to be the right way to go if we want to follow some of what other
Defenses' are doing. Seems to have worked well in Zona and these 2 guys seem tough enough to do the same.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, for this. Lamur blowz.

Getting Barron or drafting Killebrew seems to be the right way to go if we want to follow some of what other
Defenses' are doing. Seems to have worked well in Zona and these 2 guys seem tough enough to do the same.

Someone I like better than Killebrew for this role is Su'a Cravens out of USC. He has already transitioned from safety to OLB in college and was verrry good at it.

I'd be fine with Barron too, but was Barron cut? If not, then his acquisition is less likely when there are other very good options in this draft class.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Someone I like better than Killebrew for this role is Su'a Cravens out of USC. He has already transitioned from safety to OLB in college and was verrry good at it.

I'd be fine with Barron too, but was Barron cut? If not, then his acquisition is less likely when there are other very good options in this draft class.

Yeah, Cravens IS a good one. I just don't know if he will last until our 2nd rounder. I think Killebrew will.

There are a few other S/LB hybrids in this Draft too that would be worth looking at in the 2nd to late rounds.

I believe Barron was just a FA, he wasn't cut. Dude was a former first rounder and played well at OLB last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Cravens IS a good one. I just don't know if he will last until our 2nd rounder. I think Killebrew will.

There are a few other S/LB hybrids in this Draft too that would be worth looking at in the 2nd to late rounds.

I believe Barron was just a FA, he wasn't cut. Dude was a former first rounder and played well at OLB last season.

I remember Mark Barron well. Many people on the forums wanted Barron to be drafted as the next SS next to Nelson, but he went 7th to TB. Good thing the Bengals got Iloka in the draft so late. Worked out well for them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember Mark Barron well. Many people on the forums wanted Barron to be drafted as the next SS next to Nelson, but he went 7th to TB. Good thing the Bengals got Iloka in the draft so late. Worked out well for them.

Yeah, i was one of them that wanted Barron at the time. Funny how things play out, George has outplayed
him by a long shot. Great pick George was, similar to the Geno pick for us.

BTW, Bfine had a thought about bring back Reggie, starting George at OLB at times with Shawn at Safety
while we are thinking about these types of players. Might already have the guy for it or just use Shawn in
Lamur's spot like we did late last year. Might be biting us on the nose of what we already are going to do
and we already have the players on the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i was one of them that wanted Barron at the time. Funny how things play out, George has outplayed
him by a long shot. Great pick George was, similar to the Geno pick for us.

BTW, Bfine had a thought about bring back Reggie, starting George at OLB at times with Shawn at Safety
while we are thinking about these types of players. Might already have the guy for it or just use Shawn in
Lamur's spot like we did late last year. Might be biting us on the nose of what we already are going to do
and we already have the players on the team.

I like Bfine's idea better than Williams at OLB. Williams is only 6'0", 210 lbs pretty small for even a nickel LB. For a safety to convert to OLB, they should be at least 220 lb. Iloka has the ideal range and size to actually play nickel LB (6'4", 225 lb).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Bfine's idea better than Williams at OLB. Williams is only 6'0", 210 lbs pretty small for even a nickel LB. For a safety to convert to OLB, they should be at least 220 lb. Iloka has the ideal range and size to actually play nickel LB (6'4", 225 lb).

Yeah, it does make more sense with George's size no question but Deione Buchanon, Mark Barron
and Shawn Williams are all about the same size. They are just tough mother *****.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it does make more sense with George's size no question but Deione Buchanon, Mark Barron
and Shawn Williams are all about the same size. They are just tough mother *****.

Good point. I thought Barron and Bucannon were between 220-224 lbs.

To allow all three safeties to be able to play then, sure, have a mix. But a OLB/SS still should probably be drafted in case one gets hurt. Jatavis Brown out of Akron (5'11", 222 lb, ran 4.47 at regional combine) could be a great mid-late round steal if the Bengals were to wait on finding a rookie for backup OLB/box safety role.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000636103/article/jatavis-brown-trent-corney-highlight-regional-combine
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good point. I thought Barron and Bucannon were between 220-224 lbs.

To allow all three safeties to be able to play then, sure, have a mix. But a OLB/SS still should probably be drafted in case one gets hurt. Jatavis Brown out of Akron (5'11", 222 lb, ran 4.47 at regional combine) could be a great mid-late round steal if the Bengals were to wait on finding a rookie for backup OLB/box safety role.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000636103/article/jatavis-brown-trent-corney-highlight-regional-combine

Jatavis Brown is a great thought here...
Reply/Quote
Barron off the list. Schefter reporting Barron staying with Rams.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Barron off the list. Schefter reporting Barron staying with Rams.

5 years 45 million.
What the actual ****. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Barron off the list. Schefter reporting Barron staying with Rams.

(03-09-2016, 06:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 5 years 45 million.
What the actual ****. 

Holy shit, that is a bit more than i thought he would be gettin'. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 5 years 45 million.
What the actual ****. 

That's the problem with a thin market and ton of money available.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote