Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Someone. Anyone. Please.
Dear Front Office,

Anyone up there have a pulse? You know spring break only applies to students, right? Did someone give up winning for Lent?

Sign a free agent, please; someone who was on another team last year -- and no former Bengal retreads except for Andre Smith. Show us you care about winning. Show us your concern for Andy Dalton's physical survival.

How about Nick Mangold? He's a local hero like AJ Hawk.

What about DJ Fluker? He's fits the Bengal template: SEC pedigree, guard/tackle hybrid.

Jahri Evans is a terrific guard. Don't ask me, ask Drew Brees.

There is a YUGE free agent list online, Front Office, and last time I checked the internet is free even though you're still probably using dial-up there at Paul Brown Stadium. There are still quality players available at all positions.

Show us you're committed to winning. Just make a move, even a lame one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Has TJ Lang signed with anyone yet?
Reply/Quote
They did.  They signed TJ Johnson and Brandon LaFell.    

Rock On

Remember, there has NEVER been a team, in the entire history of the NFL, to win the Super Bowl in March.  Just because the Brownies may have "won" the free agency battle it seems like, they are still the Browns and still only going to win 3-4-5-6 games this year. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
According to Jim O, the Bengals have made it very clear they have no interest in Fluker. Seriously, why would they? Their OLine took some big hits yesterday, why would they have any interest in someone that may be able to improve the line? That's right! Because it'll cost money.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dear Front Office,

Anyone up there have a pulse?  You know spring break only applies to students, right?  Did someone give up winning for Lent?

Sign a free agent, please; someone who was on another team last year -- and no former Bengal retreads except for Andre Smith.  Show us you care about winning.  Show us your concern for Andy Dalton's physical survival.

How about Nick Mangold?  He's a local hero like AJ Hawk.  

What about DJ Fluker?  He's fits the Bengal template: SEC pedigree, guard/tackle hybrid.

Jahri Evans is a terrific guard.  Don't ask me, ask Drew Brees.

There is a YUGE free agent list online, Front Office, and last time I checked the internet is free even though you're still probably using dial-up there at Paul Brown Stadium. There are still quality players available at all positions.

Show us you're committed to winning.  Just make a move, even a lame one.

But what about the precious comp picks??? So far the Bengals seem confident they netted a 3rd and 5th from Zeitler and Whitworth! Feel better?

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:44 PM)NKYRob Wrote: But what about the precious comp picks??? So far the Bengals seem confident they netted a 3rd and 5th from Zeitler and Whitworth! Feel better?

Sarcasm

The fact that the Bengals can only receive a 5th round comp for Whitworth due to his YoS is sad. But then that should have been more reason to retain him. A 5th round comp will NEVER be comparable for what Whit could provide the next 2-3 years. If the Bengals didn't know that Whitworth could only yield a 5th round comp, they should be ashamed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The fact that the Bengals can only receive a 5th round comp for Whitworth due to his YoS is sad. But then that should have been more reason to retain him. A 5th round comp will NEVER be comparable for what Whit could provide the next 2-3 years. If the Bengals didn't know that Whitworth could only yield a 5th round comp, they should be ashamed.

They probably knew and were even happier. The lower the pick, the cheaper they are.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:36 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: According to Jim O, the Bengals have made it very clear they have no interest in Fluker. Seriously, why would they? Their OLine took some big hits yesterday, why would they have any interest in someone that may be able to improve the line? That's right! Because it'll cost money.

Or those oh so precious comp picks that rarely even see the damn field! Rant

[Image: image.png]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:36 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: According to Jim O, the Bengals have made it very clear they have no interest in Fluker. Seriously, why would they? Their OLine took some big hits yesterday, why would they have any interest in someone that may be able to improve the line? That's right! Because it'll cost money.

Fluker sucks, though.  I'm all for bringing in some FA OK, but Fluker isn't any better than what we currently have.
Reply/Quote
I've concluded that Ogbuehi was the backup plan all along and will be the starting LT in 2017.

Which makes no sense because if they thought Ogbuehi was the answer, they wouldn't have offered 12 million to Whit.

But this is the Bengals we're talking about, and they don't appear in any rush to speak with other tackles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've dusted off the cleats and am ready for action. Yeah I'm 46, but I come cheap (and easy)..

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Antonio Bryant
Laverneous Coles
Antwan Odom
James Harrison
AJ Hawk
Carlos Dansby

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:26 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I've dusted off the cleats and am ready for action.  Yeah I'm 46, but I come cheap (and easy)..

I'm all for this.  I'm 39, 5'11" 285, both knees and shoulders are shot!, but if the Bengals wanna offer me league minimum....what's league minimum these days?, I'll throw some pads on and show these youngin's how we played back in the 90's!  With any luck, by the end of the first day....maybe half way thru the 2nd day, i'll have torn an acl or rotator cuff and be put on the shelf for the rest of the season. 

Its like, I'd fight Mike Tyson for $10 million. I'd be happy to take one punch, gets knocked out and go collect my winnings.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
They can't they are in hiding this morning. Panic
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:41 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm all for this.  I'm 39, 5'11" 285, both knees and shoulders are shot!, but if the Bengals wanna offer me league minimum....what's league minimum these days?, I'll throw some pads on and show these youngin's how we played back in the 90's!  With any luck, by the end of the first day....maybe half way thru the 2nd day, i'll have torn an acl or rotator cuff and be put on the shelf for the rest of the season. 

Its like, I'd fight Mike Tyson for $10 million.  I'd be happy to take one punch, gets knocked out and go collect my winnings.

If you play on the defensive side of the ball, chances are you would never set foot in a game until the last year of your deal. League minimum to practice and ride the pine isn't half bad.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't Nugent need a holder while he's practicing on the sidelines?  I'd do that for league minimum!  Someone to go fetch him the ball after he kicks it into the net?  **** ya!  I'm all over that baby.

Reply/Quote
Not sure anybody will sign on with Bengals unless it becomes their last resort at this point. Without throwing stupid money of course.

They have shown last two years that they have no desire to win and will not pay to keep you even if you prove yourself worthy.

Have to wait for the desperate leftovers at the end of their rope now it appears.

Keep Marvin, PA, and Pacman while letting go Marvin Jones, Sanu, Andre Smith, Whit, and Zeitler.

It is hard to understand this sort of reasoning.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure anybody will sign on with Bengals unless it becomes their last resort at this point. Without throwing stupid money of course.

They have shown last two years that they have no desire to win and will not pay to keep you even if you prove yourself worthy.

Have to wait for the desperate leftovers and the end of their rope now it appears.

Keep Marvin, PA, and Pacman while letting go Marvin Jones, Sanu, Andre Smith, Whit, and Zeitler.

Didn't you know? Free Agents love to practice in 2 foot of snow in the middle of December for an average amount of money.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure anybody will sign on with Bengals unless it becomes their last resort at this point. Without throwing stupid money of course.

Have to wait for the desperate leftovers and the end of their rope now it appears.

They usually wait until all of the other teams spend their cap space...then come in and offer contracts to the players left over.

They never really target a guy that fits here and goes out and get them.

Look at Dansby and Harrison...both were looking for teams. They offered both contracts. Harrison signed for less. Nevermind that Dansby could cover TE's and was a better fit (at the time).
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 03:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They usually wait until all of the other teams spend their cap space...then come in and offer contracts to the players left over.

They never really target a guy that fits here and goes out and get them.

Look at Dansby and Harrison...both were looking for teams. They offered both contracts. Harrison signed for less. Nevermind that Dansby could cover TE's and was a better fit (at the time).

Believe this is because nobody is interested in coming here until they have no other option. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote