Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Stealing At GABP
I didn't think much of it at the time. I was at a Reds game a few years ago and standing behind Center Field in the mist area. We walked up towards the field and there was a guy standing amongst the crowd with binoculars. He was calling every pitch just before it happened. He had a small mic and earplug. I joked at the time he was stealing signs. Maybe he actually was doing that. I don't recall which team was batting at the time.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
You should probably alert security the next time if you witness such again.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, the Astros and Red Sox were stealing signs back then. I am thinking it may be even more widespread. Just those teams got caught.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
At least the Reds no longer have the Sword of Damocles hanging over them with Marge.. Mellow

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, the Astros and Red Sox were stealing signs back then. I am thinking it may be even more widespread. Just those teams got caught.

I am sure a lot of teams were doing it, and they are still trying to do it just without advanced technology.

MLB needs to just give the catcher a mic and the pitcher an earpiece and end the whole charade.
Reply/Quote
The alleged apologies blew up in their faces all around baseball. I don't know that other teams were involved and at this point that's the least of baseball's problem. The problem now is credibility and whether younger fans will ever want to watch baseball in the future and MLB isn't doing much of anything to encourage kids to want to even play the game other than throwing millions upon millions at established stars.
You would think MLB would want to reestablish baseball in every city and small town instead of trying to consolidate the minor leagues to a small handful of places to avoid paying for facilities and transportation from town to town. It's as if they're saying right now, "We have our millions and screw everyone else. We simply don't care if young people like baseball or not." It kind of feels like the billionaire owners just want to cash out then eliminate baseball as a completely dead sport in the future.

Reply/Quote
During yesterday's game, Bauer was actually just telling the batters what he was going to throw, so they couldn't sign steal LOL
Reply/Quote