Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After watching CFB yesterday...
It's crazy to me people view Burfict and even Adam Jones as "dirty". There was an absolutely despicable late hit in the LSU, Wisconsin game, and a USC player literally stomped on an Alabama guy's **** (you have to see it).

Not trying to excuse Burfict's hit on Brown or our signature lack of compusure in big games, but anybody complaining about our team being "dirty" just isn't in their right mind. I believe this slanderous idea about us will actually benefit us when the time comes.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ckmpletely agree and man there were some great games as well
Reply/Quote
I saw that play LSU play live and it looked to me like the LSU player thought the play was still live and the guy was returning the pick. Maybe I need to see it again.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:26 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I saw that play LSU play live and it looked to me like the LSU player thought the play was still live and the guy was returning the pick. Maybe I need to see it again.

I thought the Badger was holding the ball up in the air.  Pretty good indicator that it a celebration.

I saw it live at the bar, and my buddy (a Steeler fan) and I looked at each other and said "worse than our game".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:26 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I saw that play LSU play live and it looked to me like the LSU player thought the play was still live and the guy was returning the pick. Maybe I need to see it again.

Seemed pretty clear he and everyone knew the play was long over. Then the guy even kept barking and talking shit afterwards. He should be out for at least their next game, that was a pathetic late hit.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:48 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I thought the Badger was holding the ball up in the air.  Pretty good indicator that it a celebration.

I saw it live at the bar, and my buddy (a Steeler fan) and I looked at each other and said "worse than our game".

Yeah, that was some bush league stuff.  Former teammate and I were texting back and forth while watching the games.  We both agreed that was one of the most blatantly dirty shots we had ever seen.  We played semi-pro, which is notorious for head hunting and dirty shots.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:53 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Seemed pretty clear he and everyone knew the play was long over. Then the guy even kept barking and talking shit afterwards. He should be out for at least their next game, that was a pathetic late hit.

I'll have to check it out again. Screw LSU anyway.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:58 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'll have to check it out again. Screw LSU anyway.  ThumbsUp

I guess that is the kind of thing to expect when you are coached by a Michigan man.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:58 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'll have to check it out again. Screw LSU anyway.  ThumbsUp

Yep just watched a replay and you can see him as the ball is thrown he is completely by himself and you can watch his head follow the ball. Don't get to see him once the ball is caught but it appears he had an unobstructed view and his head was following the football so... 
Reply/Quote
I got into a huge thing with some ass clown on Twitter last night who was trying to argue that the whistle wasn't blown and that the hit was clean. Yes, he was an LSU fan.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:48 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I thought the Badger was holding the ball up in the air.  Pretty good indicator that it a celebration.

He must have a LOT of great qualities to cancel out being a Steelers fan.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I know that freshman DT from Houston something Oliver looks like a terror.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I know that freshman DT from Houston something Oliver looks like a terror.

That was the only game I really watched and it was a damn good one.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I know that freshman DT from Houston something Oliver looks like a terror.

As a Bearcats fan I'm not excited for two weeks from now. I think Houston might come to town and railroad UC in front of a live national audience. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:03 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: As a Bearcats fan I'm not excited for two weeks from now. I think Houston might come to town and railroad UC in front of a live national audience. 

I havent beem paying close attention. But I feel like Houston is stealing our spot in the Big 12.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I havent beem paying close attention. But I feel like Houston is stealing our spot in the Big 12.

Right now it sounds like Houston and UC are the top two. Oklahoma is pushing hard for UC, so it helps to have one of the conference heavyweights in their corner. 

I also think matching up as a travel partner with WVU helps. The other schools who made the cut are kind of meh, and I'm hoping with Cincy's academics and basketball team that it will push them over the edge and into the B12. 
Reply/Quote