Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs at PBS=Hall Campaign
So I've never had seats near the field in the areas where people bring signs and such that get shown on tv. The Bengals fan who wears the orange sailing Capt's hat and blazer seems to make the tv every game. Is this the home end zone? The reason I ask, is not that I want to be on tv. Face it, Kenny Anderson, Kenny Riley, Isaac Curtis, Max Montoya etc. are never making the HOF without making it painfully obvious and embarrassing that they are being kept out. What if there were a campaign next year for those going games to have signs fronting the Hall about why these players are excluded when they have better numbers than many already in? "HOF- Why no Kennys?" Would they just not show the signs, or would it get the commentators commenting on it. I know when a caller brought it up on Sirius, the hosts had no idea there was only 1 Bengal in the hall..... may be a stupid idea, but it's something different to talk about. Of course, if you are boycotting then you won't be there anyway.
Reply/Quote
I also wonder what it takes to be able to hang one of those banners that stretch across a section....
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 05:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So I've never had seats near the field in the areas where people bring signs and such that get shown on tv. The Bengals fan who wears the orange sailing Capt's hat and blazer seems to make the tv every game. Is this the home end zone? The reason I ask, is not that I want to be on tv. Face it, Kenny Anderson, Kenny Riley, Isaac Curtis, Max Montoya etc. are never making the HOF without making it painfully obvious and embarrassing that they are being kept out. What if there were a campaign next year for those going games to have signs fronting the Hall about why these players are excluded when they have better numbers than many already in? "HOF- Why no Kennys?" Would they just not show the signs, or would it get the commentators commenting on it. I know when a caller brought it up on Sirius, the hosts had no idea there was only 1 Bengal in the hall..... may be a stupid idea, but it's something different to talk about. Of course, if you are boycotting then you won't be there anyway.

He's Captain Obvious.  The Bengals Stormtrooper used to be a guaranteed shot on home games, but haven't seen him/her in some time.

As to your premise, it couldn't hurt to have banners about that, but it is the sports writers who make those votes, not the TV play by play and color commentators.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 06:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He's Captain Obvious.  The Bengals Stormtrooper used to be a guaranteed shot on home games, but haven't seen him/her in some time.

As to your premise, it couldn't hurt to have banners about that, but it is the sports writers who make those votes, not the TV play by play and color commentators.

Right, but it may just call it to their attention if the signs and banners are there for every game.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a great Idea to me. get on national or regional exposure and it gets a conversation going. The voters watch broadcast games same as we do, they aren't scouts. They may go to their own teams games but the rest they are watching on TV.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 06:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, but it may just call it to their attention if the signs and banners are there for every game.

I'm pretty sure that after Chad Johnson did his Gold Jacket stunt, back in his 'Ocho days, they likely instituted a "no Bengals" ever policy..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 06:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He's Captain Obvious.  The Bengals Stormtrooper used to be a guaranteed shot on home games, but haven't seen him/her in some time.

Follow him on Twitter. He's a great guy and, from everything I can see, an absolutely level-headed fan and a half.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm pretty sure that after Chad Johnson did his Gold Jacket stunt, back in his 'Ocho days, they likely instituted a "no Bengals" ever policy..   Ninja

Well come to think of it, I wonder if you're right..... there's no legit reason Riley and Anderson are not in.
Reply/Quote
#1 Fan might be another good option. He sits in the first row near the Bengals tunnel. He seems to make the broadcast just about every game, so he certainly has exposure. I di not know if he'd want to do that, not am I familiar with his interwebs presence. The only person I "follow" is whatever random person I happen to end up walking behind.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: #1 Fan might be another good option. He sits in the first row near the Bengals tunnel.  He seems to make the broadcast just about every game, so he certainly has exposure.  I di not know if he'd want to do that, not am I familiar with his interwebs presence.  The only person I "follow" is whatever random person I happen to end up walking behind.

That'd be great, though I'm not particularly looking for one person to do it, I think the place should be packed with them. I just wondered how these guys seem to get on tv so much, and it seems being around them would be a great way to get it seen. That, and PBS policy on banners stretching along the wall. Who decides on who gets to hang those?
Reply/Quote
Good idea, Sled. rep
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

the bengals stormtrooper was taken out by the force of no positive changes!!!

Reply/Quote
"Death to sports writers who do NOT vote Kenny in!"   because death threats always work wonders..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 08:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well come to think of it, I wonder if you're right..... there's no legit reason Riley and Anderson are not in.

There was no legit reason Riley and Anderson weren't in well before Chad ever stepped onto an NFL field, yet they still were shunned repeatedly anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 08:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well come to think of it, I wonder if you're right..... there's no legit reason Riley and Anderson are not in.

The problem is its been so many years and the quality of players nowadays are way bettter than yersterdays, so they are becoming easily overlooked day by day, unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 11:32 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: The problem is its been so many years and the quality of players nowadays are way bettter than yersterdays, so they are becoming easily overlooked day by day, unfortunately.

The number of years, yes. Better players, no. Riley is still 5th all time in receptions, ahead of Charles Woodson and Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott, and Anderson still holds records.
Reply/Quote