Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs
(01-27-2022, 12:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: As some of you may know, my Dad passed away in March of last year. He was a season ticket holder and I grew up going to games with him. The Bengals were important to us.

Lately, there's been some weird stuff happening that has let me know he's enjoying the ride and that there was/is good things to come.

After my mom passed, my Dad would constantly find pennies in situations where he was reminded of my Mom (pennies from heaven). It was bizarre. I rarely encountered such situations, but those same things are starting to happen with me in relation to him/the Bengals.

One of the last things we talked about before he passed was the Bengals. Before the playoff game at PBS my wife and I were getting ready and on the floor of our closet was a heads up penny. Kind of weird considering I've literally never found a penny in my house before.

My sister gave my wife a Bengals coat awhile back. She never wore it until we went to Nashville for the game last week. When she put her coat on she reached in the pocket and there was a penny in there. Kind of crazy considering she NEVER wore this coat before. Of course we won the game and my brother in law and I smoked a cigar someone gave me at his funeral.

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this but I just thought it was pretty cool. If I find another penny or something else weird happens before the game this week I will let you all know. We can all bet on the Bengals money line together lol.

Too cool and am positive its your Dad. 

My Dad and myself had season tickets as well until he passed in 09. Not sure he is leaving me any pennies yet but am certain he is still with me and aware of the Bengals success. 

Yet this will be hard to believe but my father passed on June 30 just a little while before the season started. We had 2 front row seats that me and him sat in and 2 ninth row seats that my friends sat in. Anyway my Dad choose the one friend he wanted sitting in his seat for the first year after his death. I had to play in pool tournament in Vegas for the very first preseason game so I gave them my best friend who also is the one my father choose. 

So at the very first game after my fathers death Chad Johnson is taken out of game with the rest of the starters and he writes on the defense play board for someone to buy him a hot dog. My buddy immediately says I got you and goes and gets it, Chad told him that he was his new best friend and gave him his gloves and cleats that night. Then after the star spangled banner was played  every single game he would come directly to us and shake hands before kickoff. He gave him 3 or 4 more TD balls that year and Malauga tossed me a game ball after beating the steelers that year. All these came directly to my fathers seat and even though we had set on front row for many years. Not once other than this particular year did we get anything given to us. We are middle aged men and should not be getting these over kids.  But for one year after his death we were gifted something just about every game. They still play Fortnight or whatever the heck the game is called to this very day. 

Pretty sure Dad had something to do with all of this happening since it never happened before or since and believe your Dad is speaking to you as well. 
Who Dey to all the parents who have passed who were Bengals fans, this wins for you. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 09:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: As many of you know from the old board, my wife and I lost a 5 month old son 7 years ago.

I don't have any Bengals related story about him, but I remember when he was on life support (he didn't wake up one morning), my wife and I took turns taking breaks.  I went to the "hotel" in the hospital and took a nap.  I had a dream that my wife, my other 2 sons and our nanny were sitting in the exam room and he was smiling and giggling.  

My wife woke me up and said "the angels came and got him and he's gone" literally as I was hugging him in my dream.  I don't believe in coincidences either.
Prayers for healing and peace.  Rev 21:4
Reply/Quote
I appreciate people sharing their personal stories in this thread. Some of the posts reflect how important being a Bengals fan is to people and their families.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote