Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silly trivia
You've all heard the song, Buttercup Baby, but what was the actual name of the song and what was the band and who was the lead singer of the song and where were they from?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know the name of the guy who sang "Build Me Up" but he was the construction worker who later sang with the Village People.
Reply/Quote
Build me up Buttercup was the name of the song, the band was The Frontiers, lead singer was Colin Young and finally..the Frontiers were a mixed racial group from the West Indies to Sri Lanka to British.. Kind of a mixed bad on the last part. They were based in England..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
"The Foundations" not "The Frontiers".

Interesting band.  I had never heard of them before.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "The Foundations" not "The Frontiers".

Interesting band.  I had never heard of them before.

Duh,...I don't know why I wrote frontiers.. I knew it was Foundations..  Thanks there Freddy.. Tongue

Reply/Quote