Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Lining if possible
Eifert won't have another game like this. If Eifert catches those passes we extend drives and at least score a TD or 2. Almost any other game this year if we had the drops and penalties we had this game we lose.

I suppose if we are going to lose, I'd rather lose from various mistakes on our part versus getting owned on both sides of the ball.

Still not happy with Marvin's inability to have this team firing on all cylinders all the time like other coaches.
Reply/Quote
The only real silver lining I see is that there's no longer the pressure to go undefeated. It takes a little bit of stress away.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:13 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Eifert won't have another game like this.  If Eifert catches those passes we extend drives and at least score a TD or 2.  Almost any other game this year if we had the drops and penalties we had this game we lose.  

I suppose if we are going to lose, I'd rather lose from various mistakes on our part versus getting owned on both sides of the ball.  

Still not happy with Marvin's inability to have this team firing on all cylinders all the time like other coaches.

We got owned
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:39 AM)Utts Wrote: We got owned

Bull. We did NOT get owned. We dropped some passes.
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:04 AM)FuZZ Wrote: Bull. We did NOT get owned. We dropped some passes.

Owned may be a bit much, but the NFL is designed so nearly every game can be boiled down to a few "what ifs" and "if only's."  I'm pretty sure a Ravens fan could "if only" his team to a 7-1 record right now if he tried hard enough.  Also, I'm in Steeler country and the number of people who told me the Steelers "SHOULDA" won that first game against the Patriots made my eyes roll from here to Cinnergy Field!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Owned may be a bit much, but the NFL is designed so nearly every game can be boiled down to a few "what ifs" and "if only's."  I'm pretty sure a Ravens fan could "if only" his team to a 7-1 record right now if he tried hard enough.  Also, I'm in Steeler country and the number of people who told me the Steelers "SHOULDA" won that first game against the Patriots made my eyes roll from here to Cinnergy Field!

We still lost the game by a few drops. Let's not look for the first pick of the next draft already. People need to get over a loss when we had the undefeated bullseye on our back. I won't listen to this crap. It's bull shit and you know it.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:26 AM)FuZZ Wrote: We still lost the game by a few drops. Let's not look for the first pick of the next draft already. People need to get over a loss when we had the undefeated bullseye on our back. I won't listen to this crap. It's bull shit and you know it.

Feh, you know what, I'll believe it.  Top 5 offense turns in 6-point performance against average defense.  Nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Feh, you know what, I'll believe it.  Top 5 offense turns in 6-point performance against average defense.  Nothing to see here.

Your choice. But we know who you are now man. Keep hating. Any team is capable of a loss.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:43 AM)FuZZ Wrote: Your choice. But we know who you are now man. Keep hating. Any team is capable of a loss.

Not hating, I just sort of feel like you need to look around and ask why Bengals fans aren't as surprised this happened as they should be.  The fact that I recognize the Bengals are such a good team is what makes this "here they go again" sort of let down so confounding.  Like I said in the gameday thread, I'm not mad, I'm not surprised, but I AM surprised at how unsurprised seasoned fans get during these individual meltdowns.

From a statistical standpoint, it's almost fascinating.

And not to make this into some sort of pissing contest, but don't you think it's a little off-base for someone with 20 posts to say that "we now know" who a guy with an embarrassingly sparking post and rep count on this forum and the last one, is? As the kids would say "Y'all don't know me!" Step off, yo! Then again, you might have had like 420,000 posts on the last forum. Your dancing hotdog avatar DOES look familiar.
Reply/Quote
Silver lining is no major injuries.

Made some mental mistakes committing penalties, dropped some passes, made some bad throws, and it cost us.

Defense showed up though. Yielding only 10 points at home in NFL should get you the win. Especially since Texans started with good field position more than not. Kudos to them.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not hating, I just sort of feel like you need to look around and ask why Bengals fans aren't as surprised this happened as they should be.  The fact that I recognize the Bengals are such a good team is what makes this "here they go again" sort of let down so confounding.  Like I said in the gameday thread, I'm not mad, I'm not surprised, but I AM surprised at how unsurprised seasoned fans get during these individual meltdowns.

From a statistical standpoint, it's almost fascinating.

And not to make this into some sort of pissing contest, but don't you think it's a little off-base for someone with 20 posts to say that "we now know" who a guy with an embarrassingly sparking post and rep count on this forum and the last one, is?  As the kids would say "Y'all don't know me!"  Step off, yo!  Then again, you might have had like 420,000 posts on the last forum.  Your dancing hotdog avatar DOES look familiar.
Seriously? Online "rep" points are fan currency? I've been at every home game for over a decade. Who cares if I post once in a while? Does that make my opinion less valuable than the crap you're spitting after a loss? I'm not tearing an 8-1 team a new one for some dropped passes. We've all been pretty impressed this season.  Never been 8-0. Can you complain some more? I just want to make sure you understand how you sound man. No personal offense intended. You act like we lost to the former 0-16 Lions by like 50 points.
Reply/Quote
The silver lining is that it keeps one more scrub team in playoff contention and I would much rather play them in the playoffs than the Colts, Steelers, Bills, Jets, Chiefs, or Raiders.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:57 AM)FuZZ Wrote: Seriously? Online "rep" points are fan currency? I've been at every home game for over a decade. Who cares if I post once in a while? Does that make my opinion less valuable than the crap you're spitting after a loss? I'm not tearing an 8-1 team a new one for some dropped passes. We've all been pretty impressed this season.  Never been 8-0. Can you complain some more? I just want to make sure you understand how you sound man. No personal offense intended. You act like we lost to the former 0-16 Lions by like 50 points.

Er, no...I'm acting like we lost to the 4-5 Texans by 4 points right now.  What about my post is crap?  We have a top 5 offense that put 6 points on the board.  That is shockingly low given what this team is capable of doing.  I don't know how many times I have to tell you I'm complaining about this performance because I happen to this this team is pretty good.

Also, I try to have a sense of objectivity by running things through my "What if the Steelers did this?" filter and then seeing how that changes my view of things.  What if the Steelers were completely healthy and scored 6 points at home in primetime against a sub .500 team?  Would we just say "Who cares, they're gonna go right back to killing everyone next week" or would we actually pause and say "Wow, what the hell was that?"

That's all.  Yes, I think the Bengals will be 12-4 at the end of the season.  Yes, I think they'll win a playoff game (I hope, at least).  And YES I think it's supremely disappointing when they score 6 points.  I don't care if Eifert dropped 100 passes...it hurts.  6 ain't good.

6 points!  6!!!!!!

Ok, rant mode over.  So are we going to beat the Cardinals 47-0 or 47-3?

Or 6-0 Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:39 AM)Utts Wrote: We got owned

We lost by 4.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 05:34 AM)Element Wrote: We lost by 4.

Only b/c our D played excellently. 

Our anemic high school level talent O couldnt get open against my grandma. 

AJ got OWNED by a rookie. 

Tyler STUNK

Hue's play calling was abysmal 

AD had the worst game of the season. 

Hill has convinced me he is a 1-season poser. 

ONLY positive on O was GIO.  
Reply/Quote
Silver lining: we're one loss (to the Broncos) away from not having a first round bye. If we can't get the #1 seed then we need to aim to not have a bye, because we've all seen what happens after bye week...
Reply/Quote