Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simeyon Robinson
Other than probably being a camp body I haven't found much about him. Bengals signed him last Monday . Anyone know much about him ?

From cincyjungle.com...
"The Bengals have signed defensive tackle Simeyon Robinson, the team announced Monday.
Robinson, a college free agent out of James Madison University, is an undersized lineman at 6-1, 274 pounds. Don’t let that fool you, as he was one of the most productive players at the FCS level during his college career.
He played four seasons (2014-17) at JMU and totaled 128 career tackles, including 32 for losses and 13.5 sacks. He had participated as a tryout player in the Bengals’ rookie minicamp in May, but he was never signed.

This will be Robinson’s first stint on an NFL team."

One never really knows though.. Wouldn't it be nice to see someone pop up out of nowhere , undersized late in camp to come on strong and make a huge dent against opposing teams? Sounds like a STs type, but whaddoiknow? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting, give him a shot
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 08:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Other than probably being a camp body I haven't found much about him. Bengals signed him last Monday . Anyone know much about him ?

From cincyjungle.com...
"The Bengals have signed defensive tackle Simeyon Robinson, the team announced Monday.
Robinson, a college free agent out of James Madison University, is an undersized lineman at 6-1, 274 pounds. Don’t let that fool you, as he was one of the most productive players at the FCS level during his college career.
He played four seasons (2014-17) at JMU and totaled 128 career tackles, including 32 for losses and 13.5 sacks. He had participated as a tryout player in the Bengals’ rookie minicamp in May, but he was never signed.

One never really knows though.. Wouldn't it be nice to see someone pop up out of nowhere , undersized late in camp to come on strong and make a huge dent against opposing teams? Sounds like a STs type, but whaddoiknow? 

Sounds like they are trying to find another Geno 2.0.

Penetrating 3-tech but might be able to play a little End like Andrew Brown.

Could be a diamond in the rough. Must have liked what they saw.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 10:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like they are trying to find another Geno 2.0.

Penetrating 3-tech but might be able to play a little End like Andrew Brown.

Could be a diamond in the rough. Must have liked what they saw.

Well if they catch lighting in a bottle they better put a lid on it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Based on the little bit of footage of him in this video, he's pretty quick and fast for a guy his size (though a bit undersized by NFL DLine standards, I guess).

Also, based on the high praise of him from coaches and teammates, he's a high character/good locker room guy.

Let's hope he can bring something special to an already pretty damn good Dline. ThumbsUp
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Nope, we have all we need, focus on your "woman" not other "women". The guys we have now will get us to the Super Bowl, not because they are the best, but because they will work the hardest.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 08:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Other than probably being a camp body I haven't found much about him. Bengals signed him last Monday . Anyone know much about him ?

From cincyjungle.com...

the final piece to the puzzle...

I think Chris baker has not been impressive as Billings backup and they are looking for potential options
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 04:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the final piece to the puzzle...

I think Chris baker has not been impressive as Billings backup and they are looking for potential options

Would be cool if we got a better Deshawn Williams with this Robinson fella.

All for the best players making it and it is nice to have another penetrating DT in case Brown's injury is bad.

Like Glasgow but he is not a pass rusher. Billings can be but he is more of a run stopper.

Baker better step up or he might be shown the door.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 06:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be cool if we got a better Deshawn Williams with this Robinson fella.

All for the best players making it and it is nice to have another penetrating DT in case Brown's injury is bad.

Like Glasgow but he is not a pass rusher. Billings can be but he is more of a run stopper.

Baker better step up or he might be shown the door.

Of all of the positions out there, it seems to me DT is easiest to find a suitable back up. They are not highly paid and seems many get cut final cut week. My point being, I can see us grab a vet for the 53 man at DT off waivers prior to week 1 and a guy like this is likely PS material at best.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 07:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Of all of the positions out there, it seems to me DT is easiest to find a suitable back up. They are not highly paid and seems many get cut final cut week. My point being, I can see us grab a vet for the 53 man at DT off waivers prior to week 1 and a guy like this is likely PS material at best.

I don't know about it being easy to find a suitable backup at DT...

Never found a guy to unseat Peko even though he wasn't that great.

Billings was the type of DT i was always wanting next to Geno, always thought that would put our Defense over the
top and we would be one of the best. Have to have a guy that not only can stop the run but be too strong to only
have one OL be able to handle. I love when Billings gains just a little confidence cause he gets a little scary.

He has that Nasty Nate to him lol.

Could be correct about Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know about it being easy to find a suitable backup at DT...

Billings was the type of DT i was always wanting next to Geno, always thought that would put our Defense over the
top and we would be one of the best. Have to have a guy that not only can stop the run but be too strong to only
have one OL be able to handle. I love when Billings gains just a little confidence cause he gets a little scary.

I should have been more clear, easy to find a back up. We have Geno, Billings and Glasgow with MJ able to move inside on passing downs. Unlikely a guy we just grabbed (this thread) will be a starter n 2018 if ever.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I haven't heard much about Andrew Brown due to injury but if we can get him healthy and he shows up like he did at the senior bowl we might have another star on our hands.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 09:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I should have been more clear, easy to find a back up. We have Geno, Billings and Glasgow with MJ able to move inside on passing downs. Unlikely a guy we just grabbed (this thread) will be a starter n 2018 if ever.

Don't forget about Andrew Brown as Jake here says.

You never know in the NFL anymore. Both Geno and Billings fell to the 4th round.

DT's are kind of hard to judge. In the end it is the guy who just wants it more.

(08-14-2018, 09:48 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I haven't heard much about Andrew Brown due to injury but if we can get him healthy and he shows up like he did at the senior bowl we might have another star on our hands.

I agree, very talented player. Loved the pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know about it being easy to find a suitable backup at DT...

It's kind of tough to get a handle on the DT playing next to Geno. You'd think they would benefit playing next to Geno, but for some reason they usually end up getting the double teams. Like you said Peko, if I remember correctly his job was to take up space and take on double teams. I think Billings can be that man, strong and stout as hell. And a little bit of Nasty Nate!   LMAO
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 02:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It's kind of tough to get a handle on the DT playing next to Geno. You'd think they would benefit playing next to Geno, but for some reason they usually end up getting the double teams. Like you said Peko, if I remember correctly his job was to take up space and take on double teams. I think Billings can be that man, strong and stout as hell. And a little bit of Nasty Nate!   LMAO

GIMME YO CORNBREAD!!!!
Reply/Quote