Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor game announced
The inaugural members of the Bengals new Ring of Honor will be inducte during the week 4, Sep 30, Thursday night game with Jacksonville.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That should be a fun night between the Ring of Honor, and Burrow vs Lawrence in primetime. Good choice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That should be a fun night between the Ring of Honor, and Burrow vs Lawrence in primetime. Good choice.

Indeed; it will be the last of our, "cupcake," games as well, so if we can end off that night at 4-0 or 3-1, it'll be a huge boon to the team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Ah, Burrow v Lawrence. Makes sense now. I was at first trying to figure out if there was any significance; like did a Bengals player going into the Ring of Honor play for the Jaguars.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 12:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed; it will be the last of our, "cupcake," games as well, so if we can end off that night at 4-0 or 3-1, it'll be a huge boon to the team.

Lets get to 1-0 first lol
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 12:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed; it will be the last of our, "cupcake," games as well, so if we can end off that night at 4-0 or 3-1, it'll be a huge boon to the team.

I'm sure the fans of the Bengals opponents have the Bengals down as a cupcake game for the own beloved team.

We open against the Vikings, Bears and Steelers, all teams with better records than the Bengals last season. I'll be amazed if the Bengals can win one of the first three games. The game against Jax could be the first game of the year where the Bengals are favored to win, then again they may not be.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 04:44 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm sure the fans of the Bengals opponents have the Bengals down as a cupcake game for the own beloved team.

We open against the Vikings, Bears and Steelers, all teams with better records than the Bengals last season. I'll be amazed if the Bengals can win one of the first three games. The game against Jax could be the first game of the year where the Bengals are favored to win, then again they may not be.

Let's be honest, none of the those 1st 4-teams are SB contenders this year. And none are locks for the playoffs
And we face 2 QBs who are on the downsides of long
Careers. Then there is a QB who is hot cold.
And the 4th game is vs a rookie with a new coach.
Sorry none of those QBs scare me. 
The Bengals have the best QB in each game.
Reply/Quote
They will go commercial or do the halftime recap when it's happening. Those in attendance will have a great time
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 05:34 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Let's be honest, none of the those 1st 4-teams are SB contenders this year. And none are locks for the playoffs

And the last time I looked it was a team game and quality of coach is important, as is defense and blocking and tackling and many other things. There's a reason this team has only won 6 games in two years under the coach.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 09:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: And the last time I looked it was a team game and quality of coach is important, as is defense and blocking and tackling and many other things. There's a reason this team has only won 6 games in two years under the coach.

You are correct , coaching will determine how far the Bengals
Go this year and beyond. And so far in 2-years I have
Yet to see ZT or LA put together consecutive weeks
Of quality coaching.
So ask yourself is JB that.good of a QB that he can make 
Even a porous coach like ZT look smart.....
Or can ZT actually learn.from his coaching errors
The last 2-years and evolve?
The 1st 4 games will tell us how the season.unfolds
But those 4 teams dont put fear in me.
You know ZT beat Tomlin with a QB no longer in
The NFL. 
Was it talent or coaching /scheme that propelled the Bengals
That night?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 05:34 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Let's be honest, none of the those 1st 4-teams are SB contenders this year. And none are locks for the playoffs

Our QB has won exactly 2 games in the NFL  hes not much better than anyone yet in production.

We have some great players but a coach thats playing Checkers in a Chess club.
Reply/Quote

Man, if i had a nickel for every time the Bengals were playing a team on the downswing with an inferior QB, defense and pass rush, only to lose the game...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 10:13 AM)impactplaya Wrote: You are correct , coaching will determine how far the Bengals
Go this year and beyond. And so far in 2-years I have
Yet to see ZT or LA put together consecutive weeks
Of quality coaching.
So ask yourself is JB that.good of a QB that he can make 
Even a porous coach like ZT look smart.....
Or can ZT actually learn.from his coaching errors
The last 2-years and evolve?
The 1st 4 games will tell us how the season.unfolds
But those 4 teams dont put fear in me.
You know ZT beat Tomlin with a QB no longer in
The NFL. 
Was it talent or coaching /scheme that propelled the Bengals
That night?

I'm sorry, but no QB is that good. Tim Brady is not that good. Bret Farve was not that good. Aaron Rodgers isn't that good.

I do agree that the first 4 games are key, but they always are.

As far as that single game against the Steeler, I find it hard to believe that Taylor somehow became a genius when he couldn't be one so many other weeks. Do remember that everyone was beating the Steelers during that stretch. It was a nice win and it was nice to see the Steelers crumble, but it was a single game and not a season or even nice run of games that showed a franchise turning a corner.

Reply/Quote