Poll: Will You Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA This Upcoming Season?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question: Do You Think You'll Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA Decisions?
(03-14-2022, 12:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they have had 3 years now

That's fine...still doesn't mean they are getting from where they are at this moment to where they want to be in 1 from here. Carman will be in the plan a draft pick taken this year will be in the future plan. People thinking they are buying 4 brand new o linemen in FA will be disappointed. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Reiff was neither unproven, nor mediocre. He was an average OT.

Mediocre is a synonym for average
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's fine...still doesn't mean they are getting from where they are at this moment to where they want to be in 1 from here. Carman will be in the plan a draft pick taken this year will be in the future plan. People thinking they are buying 4 brand new o linemen in FA will be disappointed. 

2 most likely
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: Riley Reiff is not even remotely in the same category as the other two.

Nobody was beating down doors to sign him besides us
Reply/Quote
Fred Johnson tendered @ 2.43 million
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's fine...still doesn't mean they are getting from where they are at this moment to where they want to be in 1 from here. Carman will be in the plan a draft pick taken this year will be in the future plan. People thinking they are buying 4 brand new o linemen in FA will be disappointed. 

The only plan Carman has this offseason is hitting every all you can buffet in the area.

I don't have any faith in him. He has a history of not working hard and relying on his natural talents and that's not going to fly in the NFL like in college and high school. 

So he better not be in the plan for starting..
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mediocre is a synonym for average

Semantics. You implied he’s not very good (untrue), and he damn sure doesn’t belong being lumped in with guys like Bobby Hart.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Nobody was beating down doors to sign him besides us

Yet the team had Joe Burrow personally take him to the Precinct to talk him in to coming here. I seriously doubt we were his only option.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I went with a "No" vote for two reasons:

1) We've had good free agency signings in the Duke/Zac era as exemplified by signing Reader and Hendrickson; maybe such success will strike again this week.

2) I've tempered my expectations by not thinking we'll make a big name splash for the OL or other positions. Last year, fans drummed up hype of wanting Thuney and it didn't happen. I don't think the Bengals will roll up the vault truck for any free agent (this is subjective, I know because Hendrickson made bank; I'm referring to making someone the highest paid FA ever type of thing). Thus, I enter today and this week expecting to be patient as the FA process unfolds.
Perfectly said. No sense in getting your panties in a wad over stuff you cant control.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Perfectly said. No sense in getting your panties in a wad over stuff you cant control.

It's worth noting I don't wear panties.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: The only plan Carman has this offseason is hitting every all you can buffet in the area.

I don't have any faith in him. He has a history of not working hard and relying on his natural talents and that's not going to fly in the NFL like in college and high school. 

He was a rookie...playing a new position...on the opposite side he had ever played on. Expecting any sort of great performance from that was expecting a lot. They simply aren't going to bail one year in, it just doesn't make sense unless they think his injury is worse than thought or he's an asshole. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: He was a rookie...playing a new position...on the opposite side he had ever played on. Expecting any sort of great performance from that was expecting a lot. They simply aren't going to bail one year in, it just doesn't make sense unless they think his injury is worse than thought or he's an asshole. 

Bailing on him and expecting him to be the starter and protect Burrow are two different things. He can develop behind someone else proven and spend another year learning and show he can be a starter in this league. 

That simple, he hasn't done that yet...so until he does.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: The only plan Carman has this offseason is hitting every all you can buffet in the area.

I suspect his conditioning and weight was due to recovering from back surgery. I have wondered if his back injury at the end of the season was a new injury or if this is the beginning of chronic problems.

But, I think how he entered training camp last season was understandable given the situation.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I went with a "No" vote for two reasons:

1) We've had good free agency signings in the Duke/Zac era as exemplified by signing Reader and Hendrickson; maybe such success will strike again this week.

2) I've tempered my expectations by not thinking we'll make a big name splash for the OL or other positions. Last year, fans drummed up hype of wanting Thuney and it didn't happen. I don't think the Bengals will roll up the vault truck for any free agent (this is subjective, I know because Hendrickson made bank; I'm referring to making someone the highest paid FA ever type of thing). Thus, I enter today and this week expecting to be patient as the FA process unfolds.

Well, we didn't have to be patient fans. Who Dey! Cappa is a good FA signing and I think Duke/Zac nailed it again similar to the success they've had getting Reader and Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
I want to change my vote yes but want to change it to no based on a hour in with Kappa
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:21 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Correct. I believe a lot of us have set ourselves up for disappointment by telling each other that guys will come here on a discount, guys will have their agents calling the Bengals up cause they wanna play with Burrow, etc. And that may be the case. 

Just remember (talking to myself here too), the Bengals are not going to roll in the brinks truck for Armstead, JCJ, etc. They will target tier 2, tier 3 guys. If we're lucky, we pull off that trade with DAL. That would be the move of the off season imo.

I think you are mainly correct, but Jensen was a tier 1 guy in my book. Though certainly not $20  million.  Hendrickson & Reader were certainly Tier 1 FAs at their positions. We have signed 3 $13 million dollar guys in the last two years, I would not rule out a big (ish) fish this time. Not Armstead or Jackson, but a half step below. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I want to change my vote yes but want to change it to no based on a hour in with Kappa

People have mentioned voting can only be changed on mobile devices and not from pcs. Maybe the OP didn't give the option to change votes since it was meant as a predictor?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think you are mainly correct, but Jensen was a tier 1 guy in my book. Though certainly not $20  million.  Hendrickson & Reader were certainly Tier 1 FAs at their positions. We have signed 3 $13 million dollar guys in the last two years, I would not rule out a big (ish) fish this time. Not Armstead or Jackson, but a half step below. 

Reader was tier 1 for sure, not sure I’d agree Hendrickson was. He had only one year of high end production at the time. He would certainly be now though.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: People have mentioned voting can only be changed on mobile devices and not from pcs. Maybe the OP didn't give the option to change votes since it was meant as a predictor?

“Undo vote” is showing up for me on mobile.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I suspect his conditioning and weight was due to recovering from back surgery. I have wondered if his back injury at the end of the season was a new injury or if this is the beginning of chronic problems.

But, I think how he entered training camp last season was understandable given the situation.

You're making excuses!
Reply/Quote