Poll: Which type of QB would you rather have?
This poll is closed.
Great touch on passes
58.06%
18 58.06%
Drill it into tight windows
41.94%
13 41.94%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question on QB attributes
Would you rather have a QB with a great touch pass or an arm that can drill it into tight windows?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:01 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Would you rather have a QB with a great touch pass or an arm that can drill it into tight windows?

I have to admit I was thinking more about this more as a sex question. Would you rather have a great touch on passes minus the '"p" or drill tight "windows?" Tough question. Suspicious that Eaton deliberately constructed the poll with this subliminal messaging.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:01 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Would you rather have a QB with a great touch pass or an arm that can drill it into tight windows?

Not so simple as most games will call for both.

Simple Question... Why so many QB questions.
Reply/Quote

Neither. I prefer accuracy over everything. 

With that said, if you can't drill the ball into tight windows your ceiling is Alex Smith.
Reply/Quote
I like to see a pass drilled to a receiver.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:19 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Neither. I prefer accuracy over everything. 

Both require good accuracy just different styles of play. 

Tom Brady is a touch passer.
John Elway is a strong arm passer.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:16 PM)xxlt Wrote: I have to admit I was thinking more about this more as a sex question. Would you rather have a great touch on passes minus the '"p" or drill tight "windows?" Tough question. Suspicious that Eaton deliberately constructed the poll with this subliminal messaging.

Since when do you think of something being about other than sex?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not so simple as most games will call for both.

Simple Question... Why so many QB questions.

Simple answer:  Because we have Dalton as our QB.
Reply/Quote
I think a QB with great touch is more valuable.

With great touch on his throws, he can put the ball anywhere giving the Receiver a chance the catch the ball. Throwing into tight windows with power and valocity, things can go wrong like the Receiver not seeing the ball, to much speed, to much power, breaking a hand, ball bouncing off hands and so on.

My opinion of course, but think Joe Montana.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
When I think of being able to drill it into tight windows, Colin Capernick is the first perain whi popped into my head. I went with touch pass.
Reply/Quote
I'd be inclined to go for the guy who can drill it into tight windows and hope I can teach him to throw with touch.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Touch all day.
Reply/Quote
Assuming the QB is smart and accurate, I definitely prefer the guy with touch. Brady and Peyton don't have good arms, but they still dominate.

Brady has been awful on throws over 20 yards for several years now, but NE has a great system that gets a lot of guys open. Brady has mastered the system and makes great reads and has great accuracy. Guys with cannon arms are fun to watch, but it's far from necessary and quite frankly I think it's the most overrated QB attribute by far.

1A. Intelligence, decision making ability
1B. Accuracy/consistent mechanics
2. Pocket presence
3. Command of the huddle/leadership
4. Arm strength
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Assuming the QB is smart and accurate, I definitely prefer the guy with touch. Brady and Peyton don't have good arms, but they still dominate.

Brady has been awful on throws over 20 yards for several years now, but NE has a great system that gets a lot of guys open. Brady has mastered the system and makes great reads and has great accuracy. Guys with cannon arms are fun to watch, but it's far from necessary and quite frankly I think it's the most overrated QB attribute by far.

1A. Intelligence, decision making ability
1B. Accuracy/consistent mechanics
2. Pocket presence
3. Command of the huddle/leadership
4. Arm strength

This is the way I see it too.  Only in a few situations does arm strength really come into play.  One of those happens to be in the red zone though as the windows become tighter and those touch passes are low % completions.  I'll take a QB with decision making skills and accuracy over just about anything else.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:59 PM)Sweetness Wrote: When I think of being able to drill it into tight windows, Colin Capernick is the first perain whi popped into my head. I went with touch pass.

Bret Favre was the drill guy I thought of. Pretty damn successful QB. I would say Marino could do both, but he could definitely drill it too.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
This poll really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Touch on ball - accuracy
Ability to fit ball in tight windows - accuracy

Both options refer to the same characteristic.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 11:16 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This poll really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Touch on ball - accuracy
Ability to fit ball in tight windows - accuracy

Both options refer to the same characteristic.

So you see no difference between Elway and Brady in their abilities?  Klingler had an exceptional arm, but had no accuracy.  Tebow is the same.  Brady doesn't have a strong arm but makes up for it with touch. Fitting the ball into tight windows with a strong arm isn't his game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:21 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I like to see a pass drilled to a receiver.

That would be Dan Marino.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Where is the 'Either' option? Mellow
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:23 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Simple answer:  Because we have Dalton as our QB.

I wonder if Bills fans will become as fixated on Taylor as we have become with Andy....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote