Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sims released
(11-21-2017, 07:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Phat Sims is back and Josh Tootopheavy is cut.

This team does not know how to move on from aging vets.
Although this probably does coincide with the Bengals only being one game out of the last wildcard. 
You know, the Bengals need that vet "leadership" if they are going to make a playoff push, right?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 04:19 PM)snowy Wrote: Seems to me they're making all these moves to deflect attention from what's really wrong with the Bengals.

Releasing Sims was a wag the dog maneuver by the Bengals front office? Is that what you're saying here?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 07:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So whats next? Lets put someone else on the practice squad that isn't worth a shit. Like ML!

They must really like what they see in Topou.  Regardless, Pat was just an average DT, but I was a little surprised at the timing of releasing a DT and only going with three healthy DTs in the Denver game.  Lest we forget that Geno has the gene (no pun intended) of sickle cell.  He doesn't have the full-blown trait, but the gene and I always thought he should be restricted on downs at Denver.  

Puzzling.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They must really like what they see in Topou.  Regardless, Pat was just an average DT, but I was a little surprised at the timing of releasing a DT and only going with three healthy DTs in the Denver game.  Lest we forget that Geno has the gene (no pun intended) of sickle cell.  He doesn't have the full-blown trait, but the gene and I always thought he should be restricted on downs at Denver.  

Puzzling.

Pat is coming back I hear.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 08:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This team does not know how to move on from aging vets.
Although this probably does coincide with the Bengals only being one game out of the last wildcard. 
You know, the Bengals need that vet "leadership" if they are going to make a playoff push, right?

This is more about whats needed more each game... They needed an extra LB...  don't know why Tupu wasn't just cut first.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 03:04 PM)pally Wrote: Nose tackle Pat Sims was released with LB Hardy Nickerson again on the active roster to replace him.  Nickerson was waived last week and resigned to the practice squad a couple of days ago.  We will have to see if this is a long term move or an injury move.  Sims was not expected to play this week due to injury.  Because of the injury and frankly his level of play he will clear waivers and should be available to play again when healthy.

Always been a Sims fan. Wish him the best, good times Pat. When healthy i always thought he was better than Peko.

Billings, Glasgow and even Tapou have upside though and all could be great run stoppers. Billings can do more than just
stop the run as well. It was and is time to move on to the young kids with upside. Sims should be able to get a job if he
wants one bad enough when he is healthy again, he can still play.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always been a Sims fan. Wish him the best, good times Pat. When healthy i always thought he was better than Peko.

Billings, Glasgow and even Tapou have upside though and all could be great run stoppers. Billings can do more than just
stop the run as well. It was and is time to move on to the young kids with upside. Sims should be able to get a job if he
wants one bad enough when he is healthy again, he can still play.

Sims was resigned and Tapou got the boot.... I like Sims, but I believe Tapou would have been even better in the long run. Yet the Bengals are still dreaming of a playoff push......LMAO  It's just magically going to all come together!!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 03:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sims was resigned and Tapou got the boot.... I like Sims, but I believe Tapou would have been even better in the long run. Yet the Bengals are still dreaming of a playoff push......LMAO  It's just magically going to all come together!!

most likely they try and put Tapou back on the PS or sign to a futures contract after the season...     Or maybe they are gonna invest next offseason at DT..
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 03:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sims was resigned and Tapou got the boot.... I like Sims, but I believe Tapou would have been even better in the long run. Yet the Bengals are still dreaming of a playoff push......LMAO  It's just magically going to all come together!!

Ah, thanks for the update Sandwedge, didn't know that.

I think Tapou could be a better run stopper, dude is a truck.

But he has no pass rush to him at all, have to say.

Never know, just hope if we do make that push that these guys are all gone after the season no matter what.

(11-22-2017, 03:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: most likely they try and put Tapou back on the PS or sign to a futures contract after the season...     Or maybe they are gonna invest next offseason at DT..

That is what i was thinking. How has Glasgow looked?

Saw some Gamecenter where he was stopping RB's for only 1 yard gains a few times, hope he works out along
with Billings for the future. We are finally seeming to have some good young talent at DT.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They must really like what they see in Topou.  Regardless, Pat was just an average DT, but I was a little surprised at the timing of releasing a DT and only going with three healthy DTs in the Denver game.  Lest we forget that Geno has the gene (no pun intended) of sickle cell.  He doesn't have the full-blown trait, but the gene and I always thought he should be restricted on downs at Denver.  

Puzzling.

Sims was hurt and wasn't going to play anyway.  The move was to get another player active.  Since no other team is stupid enough to sign Sims off of waivers it was a pretty safe moce

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 11:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: This is more about whats needed more each game... They needed an extra LB...  don't know why Tupu wasn't just cut first.

Yea I get that, but I feel that Sims is what he is at this point, an old, mediocre vet. Maybe Tupou isn't quite where Sims is right now, but Tupou is much younger and cheaper, and I believe has just as high of a ceiling as a backup NT. It just feels this team, like always, feels more confident about going back to a serviceable-at-best vet over a young guy with upside. That young guy will have a very difficult road to climb if he's rarely ever given an opportunity because the team looks so much more at short-term (except in terms of going all-in when it comes to FA).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 04:43 AM)Utts Wrote: Releasing Sims was a wag the dog maneuver by the Bengals front office? Is that what you're saying here?
Yes, pretty much. It's not like the Bengals have never engaged in mis-direction Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 08:16 PM)pally Wrote: Sims was hurt and wasn't going to play anyway.  The move was to get another player active.  Since no other team is stupid enough to sign Sims off of waivers it was a pretty safe moce

Strangely, Sims is back and Tupoa was released, but then re-signed on the practice squad.  
Reply/Quote