Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Since I won't be posing in the GameDay thread this week
(11-05-2021, 07:40 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I agree.  But I was just throwing this out for arguments sake.    

I'm honestly surprised there aren't more banned posters from the Gameday stuff.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What do you guys expect in the GD thread? In depth analysis and cunning wit on the fly? Even if we had a poster who exhibited such brilliance, it'd get lost behind 2 pages of responses every time a big play is made.

Jerry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 07:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Wait Phil... When I went back and reviewed the game day thread it seems the person that took you up on the bet has been banned.

In that case I think the bet should be null and void since that person also can't post in game day threads due to being banned. I found you a loophole. :)

His ban ends on Sunday. He'll be able to post.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 08:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What do you guys expect in the GD thread? In depth analysis and cunning wit on the fly? Even if we had a poster who exhibited such brilliance, it'd get lost behind 2 pages of responses every time a big play is made.

Jerry

[Image: 63007021.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 63007021.jpg]

Even as I typed that out, I imagined you responding.

I may as well have lobbed a softball up with "bfine" printed on it. LOL
Reply/Quote
I’m basically missing over half the season. My coworker on 3rd had surgery and is going to be out for at least 7 weeks so far. Since every game is at 1 I can’t watch any of them until she’s back and I’m off of sundays.
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad you're not posing in that thread.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 12:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The bet was I wouldn't post in the GameDay thread. This isn't the GameDay thread so stick that into your pipe and blow bubbles.

Hey!  You can't talk to Tecmo like that!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 08:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What do you guys expect in the GD thread? In depth analysis and cunning wit on the fly? Even if we had a poster who exhibited such brilliance, it'd get lost behind 2 pages of responses every time a big play is made.

Jerry

This is why all you dummies can't see we need an OC.  You're all busy bitching and typing in the GD thread.  Watch the game dammit!
Reply/Quote

Jerry

Exactly, game threads are for in the moment hot takes. I appreciate the rage or the calm in each unique post.
Reply/Quote
On a different note: If you've been following my Game Day Superstition posts, this year when I have eaten Skyline or Larosa's before the game we are 5-0. When I haven't, we are 0-3. So, not taking any more chances, I went to Kroger last night to buy a can of Skyline chili to pour over some spaghetti. Freaking supply chain crisis, they were out. So out of desperation, I picked up 2 of the foiled pouches of Skyline Chili Spaghetti with the noodles already in it. I'm expecting it to be nasty, but who knows, and I assume will qualify as a winning pregame meal. (wanted wings, but I did wings before and they lost) So put on your lucky shirt, sit in your lucky seat, or whatever other superstition you have and enjoy the win.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: On a different note: If you've been following my Game Day Superstition posts, this year when I have eaten Skyline or Larosa's before the game we are 5-0. When I haven't, we are 0-3. So, not taking any more chances, I went to Kroger last night to buy a can of Skyline chili to pour over some spaghetti. Freaking supply chain crisis, they were out. So out of desperation, I picked up 2 of the foiled pouches of Skyline Chili Spaghetti with the noodles already in it. I'm expecting it to be nasty, but who knows, and I assume will qualify as a winning pregame meal. (wanted wings, but I did wings before and they lost)  So put on your lucky shirt, sit in your lucky seat, or whatever other superstition you have and enjoy the win.

I literally have a pair of orange Hanes boxer briefs that I will put on after my pre game shower.  There will be no shaving on game day.  EVER!  I have a lucky Burrow t-shirt I will also wear, and a pair of black shorts.

This routine and uniform seems to be working.  Last week my Burrow shirt was dirty, went with an alternative.  But I'm positive this worked the week before at Baltimore.  In the words of the forever immortal DennyG,  "Bank on it!"
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: On a different note: If you've been following my Game Day Superstition posts, this year when I have eaten Skyline or Larosa's before the game we are 5-0. When I haven't, we are 0-3. So, not taking any more chances, I went to Kroger last night to buy a can of Skyline chili to pour over some spaghetti. Freaking supply chain crisis, they were out. So out of desperation, I picked up 2 of the foiled pouches of Skyline Chili Spaghetti with the noodles already in it. I'm expecting it to be nasty, but who knows, and I assume will qualify as a winning pregame meal. (wanted wings, but I did wings before and they lost)  So put on your lucky shirt, sit in your lucky seat, or whatever other superstition you have and enjoy the win.

If it involves us winning out, im more than willing to figure out a way to support this cause (maybe a case of chili or make a pot for you to freeze over until game days).

My Burrow jersey is 5-2 (Packers and Jets), do we consider that lucky enough to be superstitious?
Reply/Quote
We are 5-3 this year when I drink beer during the game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 11:16 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: If it involves us winning out, im more than willing to figure out a way to support this cause (maybe a case of chili or make a pot for you to freeze over until game days).

My Burrow jersey is 5-2 (Packers and Jets), do we consider that lucky enough to be superstitious?

I don't know man.  What color of briefs you sportin'?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 11:20 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't know man.  What color of briefs you sportin'?

Changes week to week    Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Did someone die on the GAMEDAY thread? What I miss?
Reply/Quote

Jerry

The one and only thing i've ever expected was to not see "game over" "season over" "worst ever" "fraud", etc etc, in the first quarter of a game where the Bengals have been playing well leading up to the game. Basically, that multiplied and re-posted 5+ times in a 15-30 minute span. 

Go ahead, have some negativity. Don't like a play? Say it. Just don't jump off the cliff then rapidly post as much as you can while falling. 

Pretty easy concept, if you ask me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I can’t enforce the result of that bet. It should be me that sits this one out.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 05:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m basically missing over half the season. My coworker on 3rd had surgery and is going to be out for at least 7 weeks so far. Since every game is at 1 I can’t watch any of them until she’s back and I’m off of sundays.

Tell her to tape it up and get back to work...you got football to watch.  Shit is important
Reply/Quote