Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since we LOVE discussing skin color....
Since we LOVE discussing skin color....

What are you thoughts on tattoos and the people who discriminate against them ?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/tattoos-in-the-workplace-will-ink-sink-your-career.html/?a=viewall

I don't have a problem with most of them.
I find neck (front/side), face, hand, and finger tattoos less than appealing.
I've walked out of restaurants when seeing an employee with those tattoos.
I suppose it's a psychological thing where I associate it with being unclean.
I cannot help that it changes my appetite.
Facial piercings (mainly nose and lip) REALLY repulse me from eating in an establishment that hires such a person.
I can only think of boogers collecting on the inside of the nose-ring, waiting to fall on my food.
With the lip-ring, I visualize saliva oozing through the lip hole, drizzling my food.
Oh, gauged ears.... you ever smell these things ?
I imagine chunks of ear-cheese in my salad.

Now....mind you.....
I have A LOT of friends that have tats, piercings, ect... but I don't really go to their house for dinner.

So yeah.... I have No-Ink Privilege.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
In general I don't have a problem with them.

I can understand where the face / more visible ones can make employers nervous, but some of the finest people I know have lots of tattoos.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-03-2016, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: some of the finest people I know have lots of tattoos.

Same here.
My wife has a couple, but professionally placed, with business in mind.

I think aversion to things like this go back to a more tribal/animalistic time in our evolution.

This was a big deal recently in the Army. The higher ups came down with some pretty restrictive guidelines; however. it didn't take too long for them to realize they made a mistake.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-03-2016, 01:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Same here.

.........not gonna do it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-03-2016, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: .........not gonna do it.
Awww.... but the bait is right there.
Big Grin

I think aversion to things like this go back to a more tribal/animalistic time in our evolution.

I never saw the reason to get one, other than to identify the body later.   Ninja

But different people have different reasons.  I have friends that have several in memory of someone who passed.  I know one who got her first at 60 because she always wanted one and didn't have the nerve to before that.

But to each their own on this one.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I've considered it for quite some time, the problem is that I have promised myself I won't do it until every time I consider it and think about what I would like done the same image sounds good to me for two years unabated. It hasn't happened yet.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I had thought of getting one or two, in the early-mid nineties, before everyone and their brother started getting them (tribals/tramp-stamps).
The few original thing I'd conjure up would seem to end up on some celebrity, before I could get it done.
Another colossal problem is that I am very picky and very cheap.
Those don't jive together, when dealing with tattoos....lol

It depends. I don't really mind tattoos unless they're depicting something I find distasteful, which is completely subjective.
I don't mind if people have tattoos, but wouldn't tattoos sort of lose that cool and edgy factor if they were completely accepted by mainstream society? Personally, I see the whole tattoo thing on the same level as claiming to be terrified of clowns; at one point it made you different and interesting but everyone started doing it and now having zero tattoos and NOT being terrified of clowns makes you a rebel.

Wacky, eh?
(10-03-2016, 05:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't mind if people have tattoos, but wouldn't tattoos sort of lose that cool and edgy factor if they were completely accepted by mainstream society? Personally, I see the whole tattoo thing on the same level as claiming to be terrified of clowns; at one point it made you different and interesting but everyone started doing it and now having zero tattoos and NOT being terrified of clowns makes you a rebel.

Wacky, eh?
Pretty much why riding my Harley isn't as fun anymore.
Back in the late 80's-early 90's, people would nearly be repulsed or fearful when you'd thunder by.
Now, everybody's desensitized by MasterCard bikers.

Ahhh....the days of being covered in soot from semi exhaust, enter a rest stop, and have people part like the Red Sea.
Now, you have to be a 1%er to have that effect.

A damn shame I tell ya !

They don't bother me.
Each to his own. Now if I was at a restaurant and the tattoo/piercing was really repulsive to me or my wife, then I would simply ask for another server.
(10-03-2016, 02:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Awww.... but the bait is right there.
[Image: 3bbda580dd5aace744fd85d80dbda39d.jpg]

Tattoos?

She told me they were birthmarks. Sad

(Bait taken)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I don't like tattoos at all, but I woukdn't discriminate against someone if I were an employer unless I felt it would adversely affect my business. The exception are face tattoos. I will prejudge you for those.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-03-2016, 09:49 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Tattoos?

She told me they were birthmarks. Sad

(Bait taken)

Sucker !!

Now I have a name to put with the video footage.

Ninja

(10-03-2016, 12:31 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh, gauged ears.... you ever smell these things ?

No, but I would love to hear the story of how you did.

Popcorn
They don't bother me at all really. I don't have any (which shocks many who knew I was in the Navy), but like many have mentioned, I wanted one that was personal to me, and so many seem to have them these days. Also now that so many have them, I don't care about them now. I will say this, something really puts me off with random neck or facial tats. There is a really pretty waitress at a restaurant that I go to that has a neck tat. I always wandered what made her decide to put that there?
I never wanted a tattoo enough to spend the money. Plus I saw WWII vets with a tattoos of Betty Boop, for example, which may have been cool in 1943, but decades later looked like skin cancer. Plus, I watched a PBS documentary about Nazi concentration camps which showed lamp shades and books made from the tattoos skinned from the Jewish prisoners. (Cue our Holocaust denier in 3, 2, 1 . . . )