Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Since week 6 last season the Bengals are 14-3
Those 3 losses are:

-Stomped by Browns in Cleveland

-Close loss to KC in AFCCG

Its so strange how much the Browns have our number.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
We do matchup pretty badly with them... certainly proves the trenches really matter.

But it is very concerning that the coaching staff haven't formulated a better plan against these guys. It's only been 4 years, and it surely isn't a shock to the team when we see two games against the Browns on the schedule...

Does happen in sports though, some teams just have your number. Gotta hope these guys continue to be nowhere near the playoffs!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:35 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Does happen in sports though, some teams just have your number. Gotta hope these guys continue to be nowhere near the playoffs!

We shall see.  I'll admit it was easier to say they'll be a 5 win team when they had QBs and HCs who had no history of being anywhere close to competent.  I won't crown 'em, but expecting them to just suck because they're the Browns is the same lazy thinking that had people saying Burrow would demand a trade and/or be destroyed here because we're the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow just looked so bad in this game that I think it produces questions:

1 ) Is he still injured?
2 ) Is his mechanics/form off?
Reply/Quote
Here's a better stat for you:
Cincinnati has now lost 5 games by more than 3 points since the start of 2021.

Four came against the Browns by 5, 19, 21 and 25.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here's a better stat for you:

And the 5 game was Brandon Allen and an entire roster of backups against each and every starter on the Browns, save for Chubb.

Had Chase played the whole game, we probably would've won it too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:32 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Those 3 losses are:

-Close loss to KC in AFCCG

Its so strange how much the Browns have our number.

The Browns' identity is the antithesis of the Bengals.
Power running, fantastic OL, and an aggressive, defense.
The best way to beat the Browns is to get an early lead and force them to pass.
They don't have the best passing offense, and it would have been compounded by the weather.
If they get up on a team, they'll grind down the clock on offense, and their great pass rush is primed for a team trying to come from behind, especially one with a questionable pass-blocking OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Browns' identify is the antithesis of the Bengals.
Power running, fantastic OL, and an aggressive, defense.
The best way to beat the Browns is to get an early lead and force them to pass.
They don't have the best passing offense, and it would have been compounded by the weather.
If they get up on a team, they'll grind down the clock on offense, and their great pass rush is primed for a team trying to come from behind, especially one with a questionable pass-blocking OL.

I feel like playing aggressive is how to beat their defense too. Play man coverage, we go 1on1 with great play design.

Instead we dinked and dunked and let all their guys tackle us short.
Reply/Quote
IF there was a stunner, it was that we never adjusted from the 5 yards or less pass game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like playing aggressive is how to beat their defense too. Play man coverage, we go 1on1 with great play design.

Instead we dinked and dunked and let all their guys tackle us short.

How are you going to go 1 on 1 when you have subpar (to put it nicely) pass blockers?
I saw something on Twitter saying the Browns were getting to Burrow on an average of about 1.92 seconds.
You have to go shorter routes or you'll see 5+ sacks on the QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We shall see.  I'll admit it was easier to say they'll be a 5 win team when they had QBs and HCs who had no history of being anywhere close to competent.  I won't crown 'em, but expecting them to just suck because they're the Browns is the same lazy thinking that had people saying Burrow would demand a trade and/or be destroyed here because we're the Bengals.

Much like the Bengals historically, the Browns are very much a 'I'll believe it when I see it' Franchise. They had that good year recently when Baker Mayfield and the team kicked the crap out of the Steelers in the playoffs, and they only just lost to the Chiefs in the division round. That definitely looked like a Browns team taking a step, but they haven't been back (or been close) since I don't think.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Here's a better stat for you:

They also make up 36% of our 11 losses in those two years
Reply/Quote