Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singers who become actors
(07-01-2018, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He was also that deaf, dumb, and blind kid; that sure played a mean pinball. 

Hell, if you're going that route, might as well throw in Tina Turner, Eric Clapton, the rest of The Who, and Elton John.
Reply/Quote
Katie Sagal from Married With Children . She started out as a backup singer. That's her during the Chorus in Kiss's Dr. Love.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
Use to be my other trivia question answer back in the day. But now everybody knows answer.

Who wrote Janis Joplin's song "Bobby McGee" ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 10:27 PM)samhain Wrote: Hell, if you're going that route, might as well throw in Tina Turner, Eric Clapton, the rest of The Who, and Elton John.

Plus the cast of Blue's Brothers.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 01:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Use it as a trivia question all the time.

Who sang "When the Lights Go Out in Georgia" originally ? Answer……a young Vicki Lawrence

Who then went on to be on the Carrol Burnett show. Believe she may have started as her double at first but became a regular.

Believe her show "Mama's Family" was a spin off from a Carol Burnett Show skit.

All this is from a fuzzy memory so may be slightly off on details.

Liked her as a comedian more than a singer though. Am more of a Rock N Roller and Outlaw Country type

Am I the only one who gets pissed off by that song? She pretty much let her brother hang for her crime.

As to the OP I wouldn’t listen to Timberlake’s or Wahlberg’s music, but I like pretty much all I’ve seen of their acting.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Glen Campbell was in True Grit.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 01:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Use to be my other trivia question answer back in the day. But now everybody knows answer.

Who wrote Janis Joplin's song "Bobby McGee" ?

I don’t know the answer. I heard Gordon Lightfoot sing it on the radio a couple of times.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don’t think anyone mentioned Little Steven. Only know him as a mob guy in Sopranos and Lillehammer but I like both characters.

And let’s not do actors to singers. David Soul and Jack Wagner. Ugh.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 09:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t know the answer. I heard Gordon Lightfoot sing it on the radio a couple of times.

Kris Kristofferson 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 03:27 AM)jmccracky Wrote: Katie Sagal from Married With Children . She started out as a backup singer. That's her during the Chorus in Kiss's Dr. Love.

She was back up singer for Bob Dylan and Bette Midler as well. 

Love her version of "Son of a Preacher Man" from her Sons of Anarchy show.

She has a great voice surprisingly. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 01:09 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Kris Kristofferson 

Good because Gordon Lightfoot's version is awful. Hate to think he wrote it.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 01:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: She was back up singer for Bob Dylan and Bette Midler as well. 

Love her version of "Son of a Preacher Man" from her Sons of Anarchy show.

She has a great voice surprisingly. 

And still has a great rack...  Lol
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 10:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t think anyone mentioned Little Steven. Only know him as a mob guy in Sopranos and Lillehammer but I like both characters.

And let’s not do actors to singers. David Soul and Jack Wagner.  Ugh.

Eddie Murphy could sing! And what about Don Johnson?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote