Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singers who become actors
Twenty posts in & no one has mentioned perhaps the best to do both ...
Ol’ Blue Eyes
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 04:15 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Twenty posts in & no one has mentioned perhaps the best to do both ...
Ol’ Blue Eyes

Who?  Ol blue eyes  is not a real name
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 01:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Who?  Ol blue eyes  is not a real name

Surely you jest. If not, Google Ol’ Blue Eyes, lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 04:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Surely you jest. If not, Google Ol’ Blue Eyes, lol.

I don't...  I shouldn't have to do research to figure out what you mean.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 05:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't...  I shouldn't have to do research to figure out what you mean.

Research? Lol

It’s Frank Sinatra. His nickname is Ol’Blue Eyes. It’s pretty well known .. kinda.

Francis Albert Sinatra (/sɪˈnɑːtrə/; December 12, 1915 – May 14, 1998) was an American singer, actor, and producer who was one of the most popular and influential musical artists of the 20th century. He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide.[2] Born in Hoboken, New Jersey, to Italian immigrants, Sinatra began his musical career in the swing era with bandleaders Harry James and Tommy Dorsey. Sinatra found success as a solo artist after he signed with Columbia Records in 1943, becoming the idol of the "bobby soxers". He released his debut album, The Voice of Frank Sinatra, in 1946. Sinatra's professional career had stalled by the early 1950s, and he turned to Las Vegas, where he became one of its best known residency performers as part of the Rat Pack. His career was reborn in 1953 with the success of From Here to Eternity, with his performance subsequently winning an Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor. Sinatra released several critically lauded albums, including In the Wee Small Hours (1955), Songs for Swingin' Lovers! (1956), Come Fly with Me (1958), Only the Lonely (1958) and Nice 'n' Easy (1960)
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if he was a singer before acting but Jared Leto has been successful in both fields.

Bon Jovi has also been in a few movies.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2018, 05:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: are rapers considered singers?

I don't know but they sure have some catchy theme songs...

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Use it as a trivia question all the time.

Who sang "When the Lights Go Out in Georgia" originally ? Answer……a young Vicki Lawrence

Who then went on to be on the Carrol Burnett show. Believe she may have started as her double at first but became a regular.

Believe her show "Mama's Family" was a spin off from a Carol Burnett Show skit.

All this is from a fuzzy memory so may be slightly off on details.

Liked her as a comedian more than a singer though. Am more of a Rock N Roller and Outlaw Country type
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Tom Waits
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 03:20 PM)jason Wrote: Tom Waits

Solid submission
Reply/Quote
My homeboy was the man in Sling Blade:

[Image: arts-graphics-2006_1167565a.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 02:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My homeboy was the man in Sling Blade:

[Image: arts-graphics-2006_1167565a.jpg]

Who are you referring too? 
Dwight Yoakum or Billy Bob Thornton? 

Eddie Vedder, anyone?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 03:29 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Who are you referring too? 
Dwight Yoakum or Billy Bob Thornton? 

Eddie Vedder, anyone?

The one born in Pikeville, KY

WTS, I don't think I could repeat the line (in PnR) he is saying in that photo when he's kicking folks out of the house

Reply/Quote
My coworker says the Joker on Suicide Squad

Jared Leto

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Roger Daltrey was on Tales From the Crypt once.

Also, Carrie Brownstein.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 11:17 PM)samhain Wrote: Roger Daltrey was on Tales From the Crypt once.  

He was also that deaf, dumb, and blind kid; that sure played a mean pinball. 

Reply/Quote
I haven’t back read all of these. Will Smith, harry connick jr and Mac Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
This guy's Dad was an Air Force General, he was a Golden Gloves boxer, earned a Rhodes Scholarship in college, Airborne Ranger Captain in the Army, volunteered to go fly choppers in Vietnam but was selected to be an instructor at West Point instead, is a member of the song writers HOF, and got his first acting role because Elvis and a number of other singers couldn't do it.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 10:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This guy's Dad was an Air Force General, he was a Golden Gloves boxer, earned a Rhodes Scholarship in college, Airborne Ranger Captain in the Army, volunteered to go fly choppers in Vietnam but was selected to be an instructor at West Point instead, is a member of the song writers HOF, and got his first acting role because Elvis and a number of other singers couldn't do it.

The ‘Rubber Ducky’ Kris Kristophreson?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 10:37 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The ‘Rubber Ducky’ Kris Kristophreson?

Yep, Blade's sidekick

Reply/Quote