Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Singing/Rapping in Public (Venting)
Ok, so has everyone experienced the strange phenomena that is somebody walking around, or sitting, in public, with their headphones on, just loudly singing (usually rapping) like they don't give a single **** about their surroundings?

And just for good measure, and for the sake of conversation, let's include those who walk around, without headphones, just blaring their music right out of their speaker of their phone.

Have we all had the pleasure of coming across these human pieces of garbage?  Have you seen these sub species in the wild?

Oh, and before anyone wants to get all in a tissy, and make this a racial issue, it's not.  Let's not.  This is something that seems almost exclusive to a certain age group.  The demographic seems to be teens to late 20's, IQ definitelely under 100, with terrible music tastes.  Both white and black.

What the **** is this?  What is going on here?  When I see it, not only does it drive me absolutely bonkers, but I can't make sense of it.

The only thing I can come up with is that they do either to intentionally anger others, or because they are so attention starved they do it only to draw eyeballs.

I mean, they can't/don't do because they think others will be impressed.  They can't/don't do it because they think somehow it will break their career.  They can't/don't do it because they can't help it.  And only an absolute moron/savage would somehow think this "looks cool".

I guess I'll stop rambling here.  But I see this more and more.  Multiple times a week.  Some simpleton walking around basically yelling.  Not caring a bit about anyone else.  Not impressing anybody.  Not doing anything other than being rude and annoying.  And for what?  Just because they can?  I would really love to see a movement of people accosting these mutants and shutting them the **** up.  Punch them right in the mouth, take their phone and throw it as far as you can.  Then just pray to god they don't reproduce.   Rant  Rant  Rant  Rant  Rant  Rant  Rant  Rant  Rant 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:39 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, they can't/don't do because they think others will be impressed.  

Actually i think this is exactly why the do it.

Many people think their taste in music shows that they are cool or makes some kind of statement.  So it is either to impress or make a statement.
Reply/Quote
BTW my 12 year old daughter does this. She wears headphones and doesn't blast her music real loud, and she doesn't sing real loud, but she will just start singing while other people are having a conversation or watching something on TV. I am trying to teach her better, and I hope she will grow out of it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW my 12 year old daughter does this.  She wears headphones and doesn't blast her music real loud, and she doesn't sing real loud, but she will just start singing while other people are having a conversation or watching something on TV.  I am trying to teach her better, and I hope she will grow out of it.

My biggest issue is in the in public part of my rant.  I'm not saying if you're at home it's not annoying to you, but I'm really taking about walking through Kroger or down the street, being loud as hell.

I guess I'm just getting more and more crotchety as I get older.  It just makes no sense and seems like such a disregard for those around you. 

I mean, I've never once thought "Well, maybe he just can't tell he's being that loud or that people can hear him."  These bastards are belting this shit out.  Making hand motions and the whole nine.  Like their making a music video or something.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: My biggest issue is in the in public part of my rant.  I'm not saying if you're at home it's not annoying to you, but I'm really taking about walking through Kroger or down the street, being loud as hell.

I guess I'm just getting more and more crotchety as I get older.  It just makes no sense and seems like such a disregard for those around you. 

I mean, I've never once thought "Well, maybe he just can't tell he's being that loud or that people can hear him."  These bastards are belting this shit out.  Making hand motions and the whole nine.  Like their making a music video or something.

dude the worst is people on their damn speaker phones. NO one wants to hear your conversation and im sure the person doesnt want what they are saying to you broadcasted to everyone.

i have a friend that those this when we are at his house. someone calls and he just puts them on speaker. I dont really wanna hear or participate in your phone call.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: My biggest issue is in the in public part of my rant.  I'm not saying if you're at home it's not annoying to you, but I'm really taking about walking through Kroger or down the street, being loud as hell.

Agreed, keep that ish to yourself, when in public.  What you do in the privacy of your own, is one thing.  Interfering with another persons right to peaceful enjoyment, is another.

Fun example.  Young dude at my gym, always walking around with his earbuds on, zoned out in his own world.  Usually completely oblivious to anything other than himself or his phone.  One day another guy was pushing the heavy sled on speed runs, down the main hallway.  Young guys stops in middle of hallway to text, while unable to hear sled man yell "move please".  Kid was oblivious, and got his ass ran over by the sled.  Now, sled guy should have stopped before hitting the kid.  But, I can understand why he ran into him, as the young fellow is seemingly always in someone's way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think it is a matter of common courtesy and selfishness.
The offenders don't care about others being in the immediate space.
I remember back when cig smokers would blow smoke into a nonsmokers' face for fun.
Common courtesy & common sense are vanishing.
Reply/Quote
These are the same people who go inside the gas station while they leave their car stereo bumping loud shit music for everyone else to hear. Usually gangster rap complete with swears. Little kids around? F em. They're hearing my bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually i think this is exactly why the do it.

Many people think their taste in music shows that they are cool or makes some kind of statement.  So it is either to impress or make a statement.

That would explain why I was singing that Carpenters song while grocery shopping last night.
Reply/Quote
one of the reasons I just stay home. I just lump them in with people that annoy me. Which is almost everyone.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude the worst is people on their damn speaker phones.  NO one wants to hear your conversation and im sure the person doesnt want what they are saying to you broadcasted to everyone.

i have a friend that those this when we are at his house.  someone calls and he just puts them on speaker.   I dont really wanna hear or participate in your phone call.

In public that is annoying but if your over at his house he is allowed to talk on the phone however he wants, his house, his preferences. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude the worst is people on their damn speaker phones.  NO one wants to hear your conversation and im sure the person doesnt want what they are saying to you broadcasted to everyone.

i have a friend that those this when we are at his house.  someone calls and he just puts them on speaker.   I dont really wanna hear or participate in your phone call.

My local library is the worst for letting people get away with being loud. A few months ago I had to sit and listen to a woman in the library with her speaker phone on trying to pay her bills yelling into the phone. The worst part was the library has crap phone reception so the call would drop and she would just start all over again.
Reply/Quote
I'm a shower singer.  and gotdamit, I sound like Frank "F-ing" Sinatra when I do! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Just carry one of these.

[Image: nva5jLtRh0Kb1tS0cW5fPKXMEB89plW4wg0fK0oY...BNqcg=w300]
Reply/Quote
as the generations go people lose their manners. It's a shame.
Reply/Quote
The speaker phone thing is easy to stop.

Just participate in the conversation.

Both ends of the call quickly become annoyed and the offender will take it off speaker and put the phone to their ear.

Obviously they are giving you the death stare and talking shit about you while walking away, but it solved the problem!
Reply/Quote
Wes Mantooth hates music.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That would explain why I was singing that Carpenters song while grocery shopping last night.

"WHEN THERE'S NO GETTING OVER THAT RAINBOOOOW!!"

And I like like to shout sing my Carpenters jams in the style of Axl Rose...

So F you all and your children.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Lighten up man.  What about people just walking down the street having a conversation?  Does that piss you off also?  

if someone is yelling or something like that then I can understand, but speaker phones are usually not much louder than regular conversations, so I don't see how this should be a problem.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: as the generations go people lose their manners.    It's a shame.

This is nothing new, it just used to be limited to assholes with loud car stereos.  Then the boom box came along.  Now it's ipads and smart phones and such making it even easier to be mobile with one's poor taste and decorum.  Technology ftw.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote