Poll: How many carries for Mixon
more than 300
250 to 300
less than 250
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single season rush attempts
Only three RBs in Bengal history have had at least 300 carries in a season (Corey Dillon 3 times, Rudi Johnson 3 times, Cedric Benson twice)

Only 3 others have had as many as 250 (BJGE 278, Pete Johnson 274, Harold Green 265).

How many carries do you think Mixon will get this year if he stays healthy. He only has to average 15.7 per game to hit 250.

Not how many you would give him, but how many he will get.
Reply/Quote
In 2017 Le'Veon Bell was that only RB with more than 300 carries (321).

Only 7 others had as many as 250.
Reply/Quote
I say he gets 250 - 300 touches, but less than 250 carries.
Reply/Quote
Less than 250. Gio needs to get his carries too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'll say 275ish only because for some reason I think Lazor is going to want to use him a lot more often this season.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 12:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Less than 250. Gio needs to get his carries too.

Last year mixon had almost 180 attempts and hill had 38. Give those to mixon and that is 220 with a terrible OL- resulting in tons of 3 and outs. With a full season of a new OC and a revamped OL mixon should easily get to 250 just from sustaining drives
Reply/Quote
I'm saying less than 250 attempts. I also feel like there may be a significant decrease in between the tackle rushing attempts league wide. A lot of this is going to hinge upon how tightly the helmet rule is enforced on linemen and LBs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 09:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm saying less than 250 attempts. I also feel like there may be a significant decrease in between the tackle rushing attempts league wide. A lot of this is going to hinge upon how tightly the helmet rule is enforced on linemen and LBs.

Didn’t think of how the helmet rule effects the running game (damn helmet rule). Assuming we have a balanced offense though, I’m gonna say between 250-300. Figure 25 touches per game, 15 of those to Mixon. But then, now there will be the Hewitt factor possibly getting a few touches a game. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Reply/Quote