Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius Fan Mock
I had stuff going on here at the house, and wasn't able to listen to the live cast, who did Chuck pick?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 06:26 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Troy Fautanu is the pick
Yeah, it would be crazy if the actual draft fell the way this mock did. Fautanu has been my #1 choice since I saw Was play Bama. Everyone was on JC Latham but watching that game it was obvious Bama had the 2nd best OT on the field that day

(04-19-2024, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would absolutely love it. Probably the most polished OL in this Draft and he would instantly start at LG and would move to RT when 
Trent Brown eventually goes down.

I just think the Seahawks will take Fautanu, but hope I am wrong.

I've heard folks around here and in "expert" mocks taking TF to SEA. But the SEA fan that made the pick went w/ Jerry Newton and the only critique from another SEA fan is they should have went Byron Murphy. Hopefully they're set on going DT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I had stuff going on here at the house, and wasn't able to listen to the live cast, who did Chuck pick?

Troy Fautanu.

Lots of talent left on the board including:

JARED VERSE
TERRION ARNOLD
BYRON MURPHY
GRAHAM BARTON

If we wanted to go WR the BPA was AD Mitchell. I had to talk myself out of VERSE. 

Reply/Quote
Troy Fautanu will be hard to move from Left Guard if he gets a chance to play there all season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I was expecting some type of wild outside the box pick.

Not the most likely pick according ESPN Draft Pick Predictor.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/4/18/24133689/espn-predicts-5-most-likely-first-round-picks-bengals

But that’s ok I get it. I still think he reminds me Jonah. Their size is very similar. And he was Zac’s first ever draft pick. Main difference would be age. Both supposed to be a safe technically sound high character type pick.

He just doesn’t get me excited. But I think he will be a solid safe pick. Probably because I think his ceiling is Jonah. Except I don’t remember people saying before the draft that Jonah would have to move to G. But I wasn’t high on Jonah either. I like big tackles and I can not lie.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Troy Fautanu.

JARED VERSE
TERRION ARNOLD
BYRON MURPHY
GRAHAM BARTON

If we wanted to go WR the BPA was AD Mitchell. I had to talk myself out of VERSE. 

I only glanced at some Verse stuff. Watching him plow tackles into the QBs lap made me think I’ve probably been sleeping on him way too much.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Troy Fautanu.

JARED VERSE
TERRION ARNOLD
BYRON MURPHY
GRAHAM BARTON

I'd be happy with Fautanu as the pick in the 1st. Even though it seems weird the Bengals would take a guy projected to be a Guard at #18.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nice job, Chuck from Kentucky. You did us proud. Unlike that woman from Jacksonville who was right before you. She babbled so long I was afraid they were going to go to commercial before you picked.

There were some curious choices ahead of you, which left you lots of options. I probably would have gone with Murphy but I'm fine with Fautanu.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd be happy with Fautanu as the pick in the 1st. Even though it seems weird the Bengals would take a guy projected to be a Guard at #18.
I am not high on Fautanu, if we are looking at someone to play RT. He can play tackle, but it isn't his natural position. I would rather go with someone who played tackle as his normal position.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 12:28 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I am not high on Fautanu, if we are looking at someone to play RT. He can play tackle, but it isn't his natural position. I would rather go with someone who played tackle as his normal position.

Troy is a tackle. He was a top OT prospect coming out of HS and has been a starter at LT for the past 2-years, earning All Pac-12 both years.

He can and has played guard and has the power/mentality to do so, but he possesses the length and movement of an OT. 

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I only glanced at some Verse stuff. Watching him plow tackles into the QBs lap made me think I’ve probably been sleeping on him way too much.

Verse is crazy strong. At the combine the dude put up 31 reps on the bench. If I would have had more time to research Verse I very well may have went that route, but I haven't researched too much as I considered him out of the picture.

I was all set to pitch Graham Barton until with one pick left in front of me Mitchell, Arnold, Verse, and Fautanu were still on the board.

It was good to see an idiot representing PIT. He took the C out of UWV with both Barton and JPJ still on the board. Fans were also critical of the DAL rep as they pick Jordan Morgan with the same 2 still there. But the KC rep was the biggest idiot of them all. He picked a player who had been drafted at pick 13.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, it would be crazy if the actual draft fell the way this mock did. Fautanu has been my #1 choice since I saw Was play Bama. Everyone was on JC Latham but watching that game it was obvious Bama had the 2nd best OT on the field that day

I've heard folks around here and in "expert" mocks taking TF to SEA. But the SEA fan that made the pick went w/ Jerry Newton and the only critique from another SEA fan is they should have went Byron Murphy. Hopefully they're set on going DT

Well that is cool, either way we should get a look at a great player, but I think Fautanu would be the most sure thing at 18 for us.

TF would instantly be an upgrade at LG and would be as solid as could be when we could move him to RT when TB is either hurt or leaves.
Reply/Quote