Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius Interviews
This is one of my favorite times of the year on Sirius Radio. PK and Milz have many draft prospects for interviews and they are very insightful. I will use this thread to share my observations of these interviews. If anyone else subscribes please share any interviews you hear and impressions.

Today was Patrick Jones II.

Overall: Seems humble his theme seemed to be: "Just love to play"

Specifics:

Said the best OT he faced at Senior Bowl was 'The tall one from Northern Illinois" (Spencer Brown)

Asked his max bench/squat. Like many he doesn't max but said he just did 3x365 on the bench and 3x575 on the rack

Obviously said he could play OLB in a 3-4 of DE in a 4-3, but prefers hand in the dirt.

His strength in rushing is the number of different techniques he has and rattled off about 5-6 of them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is one of my favorite times of the year on Sirius Radio. PK and Milz have many draft prospects for interviews and they are very insightful. I will use this thread to share my observations of these interviews. If anyone else subscribes please share any interviews you hear and impressions.

Today was Patrick Jones II.

Overall: Seems humble his theme seemed to be: "Just love to play"

Specifics:

Said the best OT he faced at Senior Bowl was 'The tall one from Northern Illinois" (Spencer Brown)

Asked his max bench/squat. Like many he doesn't max but said he just did 3x365 on the bench and 3x575 on the rack

Obviously said he could play OLB in a 3-4 of DE in a 4-3, but prefers hand in the dirt.

His strength in rushing is the number of different techniques he has and rattled off about 5-6 of them
 Northern Iowa ThumbsUp I wouldn't mind Brown in the 2nd and Jones in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
Today was Gregory Rosseau

Take aways:

Opted out because mom was a "covid nurse" and was adamant that he do so

Very "talkative" not really a "Yes Sir, No Sir" guy. It was more like he was talking to friends, but very articulate and no hesitation. Never heard him say "you no" or other fillers many say

Played Basketball and Track also in High School. ran a 11.2 100 yard

Played WR and Safety in college, says he was a very good WR

Seemed to think Phillips is much more talented than Rouche (THIS IS bfine INTERPRETING AND COLD BE OFF) but was complementary of both

Says he "at least" 6'6.75"

Working with Chuck Smith and other coaches

Reply/Quote
Sirius XM? Which channel and what time do they do those interviews?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sirius XM?  Which channel and what time do they do those interviews?

Yes. Channel 88. Jim and PK are on between 3-7 PM. There's really no set times. They often tell you in the opening when interviews are scheduled.

They are just starting; as the draft nears interviews will take basically all 4 hours. 

Reply/Quote
Good stuff, like hearing these interviews. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 08:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff, like hearing these interviews. Rock On

Delete your inbox messages so I can reply ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The thing that struck me about the GR interview was how many top Edge Rushers have been in the ACC the last couple years. Makes me want to take a closer look at Darrisaw.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 11:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing that struck me about the GR interview was how many top Edge Rushers have been in the ACC the last couple years. Makes me want to take a closer look at Darrisaw.

Christian Darrisaw saw an onslaught of NFL caliber edge defenders this year and posted the second best PFF Pass Protection grade of all-time behind Penei Sewell's 2019 season: Quincy Roche, Patrick Jones II, Daelin Hayes, Victor Dimukeje, Chris Rumph II, Myles Murphy, and even a few snaps against Bryan Bresee and Carlos Basham.

Darrisaw is also a high quality run blocker in a very similar scheme to what the Bengals want to run. Size Length Strength Athletic moves well in space great at climbing and cleaning out LBers at the second level...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Christian Darrisaw saw an onslaught of NFL caliber edge defenders this year and posted the second best PFF Pass Protection grade of all-time behind Penei Sewell's 2019 season: Quincy Roche, Patrick Jones II, Daelin Hayes, Victor Dimukeje, Chris Rumph II, Myles Murphy, and even a few snaps against Bryan Bresee and Carlos Basham.

Darrisaw is also a high quality run blocker in a very similar scheme to what the Bengals want to run. Size Length Strength Athletic moves well in space great at climbing and cleaning out LBers at the second level...

My only reservation with CD is the suggestion by some that he doesn't have that "finisher" mentality. Every time I see that I think of Winston Justice and what Hugh Douglas said about him:

"If he didn't bite as a pup, he won't bite as a dog".

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 11:16 PM)pulses Wrote: Delete your inbox messages so I can reply ThumbsUp

I just deleted a bunch of them. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Christian Darrisaw saw an onslaught of NFL caliber edge defenders this year and posted the second best PFF Pass Protection grade of all-time behind Penei Sewell's 2019 season: Quincy Roche, Patrick Jones II, Daelin Hayes, Victor Dimukeje, Chris Rumph II, Myles Murphy, and even a few snaps against Bryan Bresee and Carlos Basham.

That is impressive. Really like Darrisaw, hope we trade back and get him if Sewell isn't there at 5.
Reply/Quote
Today's big interview was with our very own Paul Alexander; they love him on that show. The main topic was FA Guard population. PA stated if you don't get Scherff or Thuney, then you're better off drafted a OG if you're looking for a quality starter. Neither he or PK were excited about the FA OG class.

They also both agreed that this draft is not as stacked at OT as many think. The consensus is a lot will become OGs. PK spent the weekend watching OTs coming out. He thinks it's Sewell and then everybody else. His second fav is Darrisaw but thinks he's mid-late 1st talent. He seemed to indicate his 3rd favorite was Sam Cosi. He does not like the kid out of Michigan (Mayfield).

He thinks Tucker (USC) is the best OG in the draft and seemed to like him over Slater. He did sya they had Trey Smith down at the Senior Bowl and loved what they saw.

Reply/Quote
Darrisaw was interviewed by Brady Quinn and Bill Lekas:

Working on his “Right Side” game. Comfortable playing anywhere (G/T)
Said Brian Burns (drafted 2019) is “hands down” the best Pass rusher he’s faced. Seemed like a slap in the face to the current class; but he never hesitated to give a straight answer to a straight question.
Of the current class he mentioned
Boogie Basham
Quincey Roche
Christian Rumph
Said "Freshman from Clemson" (Myles Murphy) is going to be a star

Going to Philly would be a “Dream come true” I appreciate the candor, most answer “anywhere”
Very direct in his answers. Doesn’t seemed “coached” to give the “right” answers.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Darrisaw was interviewed by Brady Quinn and Bill Lekas:

Working on his “Right Side” game. Comfortable playing anywhere (G/T)
Said Brian Burns (drafted 2019) is “hands down” the best Pass rusher he’s faced. Seemed like a slap in the face to the current class; but he never hesitated to give a straight answer to a straight question.  
Of the current class he mentioned
Boogie Basham
Quincey Roche
Christian Rumph
Said "Freshman from Clemson" (Myles Murphy) is going to be a star

Going to Philly would be a “Dream come true” I appreciate the candor, most answer “anywhere”
Very direct in his answers. Doesn’t seemed “coached” to give the “right” answers.

Brian Burns is a top 10 NFL pass rusher so it's not really a surprise.... Burns is my player comp for Jayson Oweh.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
PK and Milz interviewed Chauncey Golston.

Seems like a great kid.

Says he's working on his inside so he can be a 3-down player. NOTE (Currently considered a early down DE due to limited upside on the edge)

Gave all credit to his team mates that came before him. PK and Milz kept trying to applaud his motor/skills, but he kept deferring the acolades

Came to Iowa at 215 ibs

Reply/Quote
No interview but PK and Milz are doing their first mock this afternoon. PK has odds, Milz had evens...How it played out up to 5:

1- JAX- Trevor Lawrence

2. NYJ- Zach Wilson

3. SFF- Justin Fields

4. ATL- Jamarr Chase

5. CIN- Kyle Pitts

FWIW: PK said before the trade and he was prepping for the #3 pick when MIA had it..he would have taken Kyle Pitts

Reply/Quote
Like every Monday the interview was Paul Alexander.

He really likes Darrisaw and talked him up more than Slater. Although he refused to rank them when as; it's fairly obvious he has them as Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater. PK also said Darrisaw is "climbing". Perhaps because the rest of the top prospects are so short. He also said that any GM that doesn't have Walker Little with a 1st rd grade should be fired.

Although he didn't rank he stated there are 5 OTs with 1st rd grades:

Sewell
Darrisaw
Slater
Cosmi
Little

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Like every Monday the interview was Paul Alexander.

He really likes Darrisaw and talked him up more than Slater. Although he refused to rank them when as; it's fairly obvious he has them as Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater. PK also said Darrisaw is "climbing". Perhaps because the rest of the top prospects are so short. He also said that any GM that doesn't have Walker Little with a 1st rd grade should be fired.

Although he didn't rank he stated there are 5 OTs with 1st rd grades:

Sewell
Darrisaw
Slater
Cosmi
Little

I wonder who he had graded higher Little, Ogbuehi, or Fisher
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wonder who he had graded higher Little, Ogbuehi, or Fisher

They really didn't get into that but we do know he had:

Willie Anderson rated higher than Pete Kendall

Levi Jones rated higher than Marc Columbo

Eric Stienbech higher than Derrick Dockerty

Andrew Whitworth over Jeremy Trueblood

Reply/Quote