Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius Interviews
(04-05-2021, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Like every Monday the interview was Paul Alexander.

He really likes Darrisaw and talked him up more than Slater. Although he refused to rank them when as; it's fairly obvious he has them as Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater. PK also said Darrisaw is "climbing". Perhaps because the rest of the top prospects are so short. He also said that any GM that doesn't have Walker Little with a 1st rd grade should be fired.

Although he didn't rank he stated there are 5 OTs with 1st rd grades:

Sewell
Darrisaw
Slater
Cosmi
Little

Highest I can give Little is a low second high third round grade. As a prospect he has the measurements but his only tape didnt show much power at the line or finish. 

I took him in round 3 because of the possibilities and I believe that is a perfect spot for Walker Little.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No interview but PK and Milz are doing their first mock this afternoon. PK has odds, Milz had evens...How it played out up to 5:

1- JAX- Trevor Lawrence

2. NYJ- Zach Wilson

3. SFF- Justin Fields

4. ATL- Jamarr Chase

5. CIN- Kyle Pitts

FWIW: PK said before the trade and he was prepping for the #3 pick when MIA had it..he would have taken Kyle Pitts

Milz isn't paying attention. Cincinnati is not drafting Kyle Pitts. Most teams in the NFL are reluctant to draft any TE that high, and Cincy more so than most. Now, Pitts is going top ten, but it won't be to Cincy, we have bigger needs at Oline and WR and top ranking players sitting there to fill them. We're taking Sewell or Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 10:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Highest I can give Little is a low second high third round grade. As a prospect he has the measurements but his only tape didnt show much power at the line or finish. 

I took him in round 3 because of the possibilities and I believe that is a perfect spot for Walker Little.

My issue is he hasn't played a lot because of the injury and opt-out. He has 13 career starts and that is a little concerning I think, but from a pass-blocking perspective, I think he is one of the best in the draft. I am not worried about he power so much as his tap is him as a true Freshman, so one would assume he has grown into his body a bit more since then. 
Reply/Quote
PA on the show again today. He was asked had he heard anything about a late riser at OT. He said numerous scouts have mentioned the "kid from Marshall". This kid is Josh Bell
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 12:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: PA on the show again today. He was asked had he heard anything about a late riser at OT. He said numerous scouts have mentioned the "kid from Marshall". This kid is Josh Bell

3rd round you think??
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 12:42 AM)pulses Wrote: 3rd round you think??

I really don't know. I do know PA said; if you are unsure; take the big guy, because there's only so many made. I know we like to throw shade at PA, but a lot of folks respect his opinion and he's a huge fan of arm length. 

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 01:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I really don't know. I do know PA said; if you are unsure; take the big guy, because there's only so many made. I know we like to throw shade at PA, but a lot of folks respect his opinion and he's a huge fan of arm length. 

And ketchup bottles.
Reply/Quote
Given how much the Taylor seems to value character in his first two drafts, I'm not sure Ball is going to be very high on their board.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 08:35 AM)blt4584 Wrote: Given how much the Taylor seems to value character in his first two drafts, I'm not sure Ball is going to be very high on their board.

Word is teams are worried that the his domestic violence from Florida State will come back to bite him after he starts collecting an NFL paycheck.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Solly and Todd Haley are breaking down the AFC North this morning. Paul Dehner was interviewed. Focus was on the draft and here are some highlights:

Chase allows Joe to work more empty set (quick winners)

Unsure who was going to play where if they took Sewell

Pitts was very much in the conversation. They didn’t want to be known as the organization that passed on Pitts

Carman immediate plan is in the interior but not ruling out potential move back to OT

Michael Jordan was a huge reason we moved from Turner to Pollack. Team loves MJ’s raw tools

Joe Mixon loves the blocking scheme Pollack employs

Focus on edge was to select players (draft/FA) that are “relentless”. Tired of players taking plays off (looking at you Dunlap).

Hope is Ossai is next Lawson

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Solly and Todd Haley are breaking down the AFC North this morning. Paul Dehner was interviewed. Focus was on the draft and here are some highlights:

Chase allows Joe to work more empty set (quick winners)

Unsure who was going to play where if they took Sewell

Pitts was very much in the conversation. They didn’t want to be known as the organization that passed on Pitts

Carman immediate plan is in the interior but not ruling out potential move back to OT

Michael Jordan was a huge reason we moved from Turner to Pollack. Team loves MJ’s raw tools

Joe Mixon loves the blocking scheme Pollack employs

Focus on edge was to select players (draft/FA) that are “relentless”. Tired of players taking plays off (looking at you Dunlap).  

Hope is Ossai is next Lawson

Good stuff and I am sure there were many more reasons the team moved on from Jim Turner such as...the players hated him, he was unsuccessful, a horrible human being and inept but why quibble over the details, right?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 01:24 PM)yang Wrote: Good stuff and I am sure there were many more reasons the team moved on from Jim Turner such as...the players hated him, he was unsuccessful, a horrible human being and inept but why quibble over the details, right?

The "Drill Sergeant" coaching style seems to work better in college than in the pros.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote