Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius- Late Hits
I'm not sure who was hosting this yesterday, but the guy was a jack..... oh, wait, can't type that. Talking about the AFCN, he stated it would be the Steelers and the Browns as the top 2 teams. Of course, he anointed the Stealers and the Patriots as the 2 best teams in the AFC. His quote was along the lines of "He sees the Ravens as nothing but a .500 team, and he does not believe the Bengals will be even that." Sure hope our guys make him eat those words....
Reply/Quote
The nice thing about pre season predictions is no one ever cares at the end of the season what anyone said before it.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 08:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: The nice thing about pre season predictions is no one ever cares at the end of the season what anyone said before it.

Yep. Where did all the experts predict Philly to finish last year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
No that all sounds about right. I mean not the Browns part, that's just weird.
Reply/Quote
We don't really have much right to be upset about this at the moment. Going into 2016 we were expected to be a lot better than we ended up being and going into 2017 we were expected to be pretty bad...which we were. I haven't looked into it much, but I'd say the only times we've been predicted to be bad and we proved the experts wrong was 2009 and 2011. Otherwise, we've been about as good, ho-hum. or worse than they predicted.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 09:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We don't really have much right to be upset about this at the moment.  Going into 2016 we were expected to be a lot better than we ended up being and going into 2017 we were expected to be pretty bad...which we were.  I haven't looked into it much, but I'd say the only times we've been predicted to be bad and we proved the experts wrong was 2009 and 2011.  Otherwise, we've been about as good, ho-hum. or worse than they predicted.

We were 7-9 last year I would not call that "pretty bad" more like  less than average.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Hugh continues to get the respect he hasn't yet earned. As for the prediction on the Bengals, heck, many people on here are in agreement with him so hard to argue even if it's hogwash (gramps word). Bengals will prove the doubters wrong. Maybe not directly out the gate but they will.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:51 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We were 7-9 last year I would not call that "pretty bad" more like  less than average.

True, but we looked so dead in some of those losses that it felt worse than it was on paper, I guess.

Our pre-season power ranking was 22 and we finished 23rd in the league, so technically the experts were a bit too optimistic about us going into 2017.  Like I said before, this whole "nobody believes in us and the experts hate us" stuff made more sense when we were winning 10+ games per season.
Reply/Quote
I never understood why people get bent over predictions. It’s people taking limited information, guess work and some fanhood bias and throwing it together. Bust and injuries happen too. Marvin has a track record, why would outsiders predict against that track record? If someone is picking the Bengals to win the AFCN, they are a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not sure who was hosting this yesterday, but the guy was a jack..... oh, wait, can't type that. Talking about the AFCN, he stated it would be the Steelers and the Browns as the top 2 teams. Of course, he anointed the Stealers and the Patriots as the 2 best teams in the AFC. His quote was along the lines of "He sees the Ravens as nothing but a .500 team, and he does not believe the Bengals will be even that." Sure hope our guys make him eat those words....

don't worry about one asshats opinion....

funny how his 2 best teams are the ones most known for cheating in the NFL
Reply/Quote
The Browns? Hilarious
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:15 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I never understood why people get bent over predictions. It’s people taking limited information, guess work and some fanhood bias and throwing it together. Bust and injuries happen too. Marvin has a track record, why would outsiders predict against that track record? If someone is picking the Bengals to win the AFCN, they are a Bengals fan.

You make a goo dpoint except that Merv's track record is one of winning at least 8 games in the regular season. In 15 seasons, Merv has led the Bengals to 8 or more wins in 10 of them.  In 2 of the 5 that he didn't, he had 7 wins. So, Merv, in 12 of his 15 seasons, has had 7 or more wins. If prognosticators are looking at his track record, then they need to recognize that Merv usually has the Bengals around .500 if not higher.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote