Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius Mock
Each year during this time Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller do a series of mock, leading up to the Draft. Today was their first.

At 18 they (PK) gave us Jerry Newton (DT/ILL)

Most of the premiere OTs were gone; as was Bowers.

Some they left on the Board:

OT: Mims/Guyton/Barton
IOL: Everyone
WR: Brian Thomas/AD Mitchell
CB: Nate Wiggins/Kool-Aid McKinstry
DEs: Laitu Latu/ Chop Robinson

Not a huge fan of going 3-Tech there; I think we're good.

What say you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We got a guy on his last year of contract in Hill, and an older guy on a two year deal in Rankins. It would be smart to get a future star at the position if he is available. That would allow BJ Hill to venture off, and have Rankins around for the transitional rookie year for Newton. Not really a bad idea.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Gotta go BPA in the draft. I see a lot of value in the pick. Solidifies the position for 5 years. Elite upside with the player. I don't think there is a player at another position (available in this mock) with the same amount of upside or potential to impact the game. And, a major reason for our run defense being poor last year was our dline was a weakness. Solving that weakness would be huge.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each year during this time Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller do a series of mock, leading up to the Draft. Today was their first.

What say you?
Rather have JPJ,Barton or even Thomas. draft a 3T later on if you they feel like they need one but I think we're good with Rankins and BJ Hill for now.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each year during this time Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller do a series of mock, leading up to the Draft. Today was their first.

What say you?

Out of the guys that were left, I'd have gone Newton or Thomas Jr.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Am always fine going trenches early and would be fine with Newton as the pick. As pointed out Hill is a FA after this year and believe some insurance would be a nice luxury this year even. Plus Hill and Rankins would both be good mentors for him.

Although if the Bengals think Tee will not be signed and only tagged ? Would then bfine with Thomas as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Who were biggest winners this free agency by position group?

Sure the QB got paid. But Chris Jones, Madabuike, and Wilkins all showed an impact player DT is a major prize.

The toss up between Murphy and Newton reminds me of the old Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey draft. I wanted one of those two so bad. And they were both gone.
Reply/Quote
I am not a fan of Newton. He seems hot and cold. I have seen OL get their hands on him and he stops. I have read several draft pundits say he will pick his spots....I don't know for sure. I am all for trading out of the spot TBO
Reply/Quote
I want a RT at 18 but.... I'm not going to be throwing something at the TV mad if we go DT there, that's a need for sure as well.
Reply/Quote
The only issue I have with the Newton pick is if we do go w/ him; then we're not done at DT for the year.

My want as their draft fell was JPJ, but you could tell PK was "saving" him for PIT.

I would have also preferred Brain Thomas, but he didn't even get drafted in the 1st RD.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

What say you?
I really think the run QBs 4 or 5 and need for WRs 3, one of the top 4 oline tackles will be there
Reply/Quote
I feel like Murphy is the pick here.

Mims is my Ogbuehi in this draft. I don't want him anywhere near this roster. He's a developmental prospect, and there will be more league-ready players here.

The redshirt year has been shit for this team lately. Get a guy that can help in 2024.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:02 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Gotta go BPA in the draft.  I see a lot of value in the pick. Solidifies the position for 5 years. Elite upside with the player. I don't think there is a player at another position (available in this mock) with the same amount of upside or potential to impact the game. And, a major reason for our run defense being poor last year was our dline was a weakness. Solving that weakness would be huge.

Newton wasn't the BPA, though.

If we're going off average rankings, Latu, Thomas, Wiggins, Mims, and JPJ were all ranked higher and left on the board.  If we're talking pure need, it's probably Thomas out of those, because we don't have a WR3. So that's neither a need pick or a BPA pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 02:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: Newton wasn't the BPA, though.

If we're going off average rankings, Latu, Thomas, Wiggins, Mims, and JPJ were all ranked higher and left on the board.  If we're talking pure need, it's probably Thomas out of those, because we don't have a WR3. So that's neither a need pick or a BPA pick.

Honestly a trade back in this scenario would make a lot of sense. Sweat at the bottom of the 1st would be solid and pick up more picks in the sweet spot of the draft (3-4).
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 02:52 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly a trade back in this scenario would make a lot of sense. Sweat at the bottom of the 1st would be solid and pick up more picks in the sweet spot of the draft (3-4).

Exactly what i was thinking.
Reply/Quote
I would want them to take Thomas Jr then see what team would give you an early to mid 2nd round pick for Tee.
Or just keep Tee then tag and trade him next year.
Reply/Quote