Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius xm mock draft
They had us taking jamaar Taylor and Trayvon Mullen (sp?) cb from Clemson. I wouldn’t hate that pick but Mack Wilson and good interior ol still on the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mullen is a beast

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals took the best OT in the draft, and were able to land a top 5 CB, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I mean, I'd be a little disappointed that they didn't go for a top LB, like we've all been anticipating, but still satisfied with the players we got. That mock seems to play the percentages, as the Bengals traditionally put a premium on positions like OT and CB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 08:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Bengals took the best OT in the draft, and were able to land a top 5 CB, I'd be perfectly fine with that.  I mean, I'd be a little disappointed that they didn't go for a top LB, like we've all been anticipating, but still satisfied with the players we got.  That mock seems to play the percentages, as the Bengals traditionally put a premium on positions like OT and CB.

That's what I was thinking too.  That's why I didn't hate the pick.  An upgrade over dre eventually isn't a bad thing.  
Reply/Quote
I like it, still can get our LB in the 3rd like Germaine Pratt or David Long Jr.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals do need CB depth at some point. Still... they've gotta find a LB somewhere in the first two rounds. I'd be willing to roll with what we have on the OL for another year (weak as it is in spots), but I'm not looking to do the same with our current batch of LBs.
Reply/Quote
Our CB depth is fine, but I’d imagine some time on day 3 we add one. Webb is actually a nice addition and you have the option of tagging Dennard if he ascends next season.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 04:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: Our CB depth is fine, but I’d imagine some time on day 3 we add one. Webb is actually a nice addition and you have the option of tagging Dennard if he ascends next season.

The CB tag value for this year, is approx. $16M.  If they signed Dennard on a one year "prove it" deal for $5M, do you really think they will be inclined to give him $16M?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 04:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The CB tag value for this year, is approx. $16M.  If they signed Dennard on a one year "prove it" deal for $5M, do you really think they will be inclined to give him $16M?

Depends, does he prove it? Does he start playing on the outside? The rumor was we offered him around 8.5 but we wanted a multi year deal. He got 5 because he wanted a one year deal. Even if he plays really well and is only worth let’s say 12, the tag acts as a place holder to try and get a longer term deal.

As the cap goes up a guy who we thought was worth 8.5 this year at the same level is probably worth 10 next. If he does get substantial outside time this year by either way of injury to Dre or out performing him it’s not out of the question. Remember that a new coaching staff may be more open to a truly open CB competition.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 04:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Depends, does he prove it? Does he start playing on the outside? The rumor was we offered him around 8.5 but we wanted a multi year deal. He got 5 because he wanted a one year deal. Even if he plays really well and is only worth let’s say 12, the tag acts as a place holder to try and get a longer term deal.

As the cap goes up a guy who we thought was worth 8.5 this year at the same level is probably worth 10 next. If he does get substantial outside time this year by either way of injury to Dre or out performing him it’s not out of the question. Remember that a new coaching staff may be more open to a truly open CB competition.

Hmm, maybe.  The rumors that I was reading were that Dennard was looking for $10M/per.  He only had one interested candidate in Kansas City, and they turned him down.  I think that the ball was in the team's court, and they felt his value is what they ended up paying him., $5M.  I haven't noticed anything from his play, thus far, that tells me that he's going to suddenly break out into some spectacular CB.  He is what he is, a decent 3rd CB, and not worth double digit millions per year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 08:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Bengals took the best OT in the draft, and were able to land a top 5 CB, I'd be perfectly fine with that.  I mean, I'd be a little disappointed that they didn't go for a top LB, like we've all been anticipating, but still satisfied with the players we got.  That mock seems to play the percentages, as the Bengals traditionally put a premium on positions like OT and CB.

IF there is a LB that could upgrade the team (Wilson would IMO) I would be pissed if they passed on him.

The only real move we made was to cut Burfict and re-sign Brown who does little to upgrade the pass defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 02:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF there is a LB that could upgrade the team (Wilson would IMO) I would be pissed if they passed on him.

The only real move we made was to cut Burfict and re-sign Brown who does little to upgrade the pass defense.

I have an unusual feeling that the Bengals might be active on trades during the draft.  I could see them trying to jockey to get another pick in the top 50.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My opinion is Corner is one of those positions you have to be drafting in round 1 or 2 for them to be worth anything. This year we might see Rock Ya Sin or Deandre Baker fall into the 2nd round. I like Mullen too though he might fall to the 3rd (I'd consider him a rare exception to the round 1 or 2 rule).

We could lose both Dennard and Dre soon. Don't forget we usually take a year or two getting our corners up to speed before they get to start. You really can't have too much depth at this position. It is a passing league so I'd carry 7 if I could get that many talented players on the roster.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 11:58 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They had us taking jamaar Taylor and Trayvon Mullen (sp?) cb from Clemson.  I wouldn’t hate that pick but Mack Wilson and good interior ol still on the board

I don't think we are taking a G/C early.  I think signing Miller locked it up.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 11:58 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They had us taking jamaar Taylor and Trayvon Mullen (sp?) cb from Clemson.  I wouldn’t hate that pick but Mack Wilson and good interior ol still on the board

They get Taylor in round 1 and I'm happy.

Would pass on Trayvon, we still have RG/RT and LB needs before we consider CB. And we really don't need a top ranked one to sit for a year. We need players at a position where they can contribute early.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 06:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They get Taylor in round 1 and I'm happy.

Would pass on Trayvon, we still have RG/RT and LB needs before we consider CB. And we really don't need a top ranked one to sit for a year. We need players at a position where they can contribute early.

Hell to the yes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote