Poll: Whats your favorite streaming source?
SiriuisXM
I-Heart
Pandora
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SiriusXM or I-Heart?
What is your go-to outside the typical radio stations on your am/fm dials? Also, whats your favorite stations and why?

For myself, I don't use Sirius because it costs $$$ and I like free stuff. Although, SiriusXM is free right now until July 6th. Theres a station I like on there called Octane. Lot's of great hard rock I'm hearing there and gets the blood pumping. Typically though, I listen to I-Heart and my favorite stations are "Rock workout radio" and 105.9 the brew out of Seattle (I think, I know it's washington). Although, their morning show kinda sucks for my taste. I mean, it can be funny at times, but, just not always my cup opf tea.

I listed Pandora just because it deserves to be listed. But I don't care for it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have had Sirius in my wife's ride for several years. I'm normally on classic rewind or classic vinyl.
Reply/Quote
I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius, and it stays on NFL radio all the time.  On rare occasion I'll turn it to a music channel, for example when they are replaying an interview that I had already heard.  When I do that, I flip around till I catch I tune I feel like hearing and then leave it there.  It could be any of a dozen or so channels.

As far as streaming goes, I have Amazon Unlimited and use that for streaming music more than the Sirius app...
Reply/Quote
When I listen to Sirius it is either on sports, NPR, or the Comedy Central channel.

I still listen to a lot of CDs, but since I have a Spotify account that I created fro my kids I should really start using that more.
Reply/Quote
Octane on Sirius is the main station I've been listening too. But yes, classic vinyl is pretty awesome too. I listened to that a little yesterday. How does one go about getting a lifetime subscription to Sirius?

Reply/Quote
NFL channel on Sirius
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 01:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Octane on Sirius is the main station I've been listening too. But yes, classic vinyl is pretty awesome too. I listened to that a little yesterday. How does one go about getting a lifetime subscription to Sirius?

I don't know if they still do it or not, but the deal was available annually around Christmas time.  If I remember correctly it was between the 12/26 and 12/31.  It was/is only available for portable radios, nothing built into a vehicle or sound system.  $500 and change got the lifetime subscription, for the life of up to three radios ($75 transfer charge).  It also included the online listening.  I got it in 2005 when I got my first radio.  It was a Christmas gift, and she also got me a gift card for to pay for the set up and first year or so of subscription so I couldn't complain about getting a monthly bill for Christmas.  As it was during that period, they gave me the offer.  With the gift cards, it was less than $300 out of pocket for me.  The online wasn't big at the time as it could only by done on a PC, and was included with all subscriptions automatically.  I think I'm down to my last radio (I had one stolen and they waived the fee, but I don't know if that bought me an extra radio life), so when it dies I cannot transfer it again.  But with the ability to now stream it on a phone or other devices, I probably won't even try since the streaming will never run out otherwise.  I used to hear about the lifetime package being available throughout the holidays, but because of the ability to stream they might not do it anymore.  But definitely worth asking them about.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 10:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When I listen to Sirius it is either on sports, NPR, or the Comedy Central channel.

I still listen to a lot of CDs, but since I have a Spotify account that I created fro my kids I should really start using that more.

I wish I still had my spotify, I might get it back. Makes work go so much faster listening to tunes lol.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote