Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sit Joe Burrow down
Ok,

Here's my take on what should happen. We've all seen the results of Joe trying to play being unable and/or afraid of planting and running on that bum calf. His throws have no zip, he can't scramble, it's no good.

Sit him until after the bye week.

We have the Rams on MNF. Why let Donald put Joe in the hospital?

Then the Titans whom aren't a high scoring type of deal. Then the Cardinals and they're not among the who's who in the NFL. Then end up with Seahawks.

Lets try and sneak in a couple wins against this not so great competition, three if we're real lucky. More importantly get Joe healed.

Then make a real run over the last 11 games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lets try and sneak in a couple wins against this not so great competition

We are the not so great competition…..

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ok,

Here's my take on what should happen. We've all seen the results of Joe trying to play being unable and/or afraid of planting and running on that bum calf. His throws have no zip, he can't scramble, it's no good.

Then the Titans whom aren't a high scoring type of deal. Then the Cardinals and they're not among the who's who in the NFL. Then end up with Seahawks.

Lets try and sneak in a couple wins against this not so great competition, three if we're real lucky. More importantly get Joe healed.

Well I would think they would have to use the 4 game IR since they will need a backup which is pretty much works into the bye week but we will probably need to go 2-2 to probably be in position for a WC hunt.. that would put us at 2-4, i don;t think 1-5 will give us much chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have the Rams on MNF. Why let Donald put Joe in the hospital?

Donald WILL try to hurt Burrow if given half a chance (he'll get it). He's a pretty trash person.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

If a complete month off didn’t heal it already what’s another 4 going to do? This was a non contact injury..something in his training program or change caused it..lifting too much weights or straining..see this a lot with baseball players who have an average athletes body type and then suddenly decide to get jacked up at the gym one year..lots of tendon ligament hamstring injuries strains from just running/sliding follow
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Donald WILL try to hurt Burrow if given half a chance (he'll get it). He's a pretty trash person.

In the last 3 MNF games:

- Hamlin literally died on the field

- Rodgers tore his Achilles on his 1st drive as a Jet

- Chubb suffered a gruesome and possibly career ending knee injury

The idea of Burrow playing injured against Donald next week…

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: In the last 3 MNF games:

- Hamlin literally died on the field

- Rodgers tore his Achilles on his 1st drive as a Jet

- Chubb suffered a gruesome and possibly career ending knee injury

The idea of Burrow playing injured against Donald next week…

[Image: giphy.gif]

Dammit man! You had to go there! Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:46 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: If a complete month off didn’t heal it already what’s another 4 going to do? This was a non contact injury..something in his training program or change caused it..lifting too much weights or straining..see this a lot with baseball players who have an average athletes body type and then suddenly decide to get jacked up at the gym one year..lots of tendon ligament hamstring injuries strains from just running/sliding follow

I had heard, but it wasn’t confirmed by anyone else, that he tweaked it during that healing process in walk throughs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
None of us know; although, some like to think they do, but IMO if the staff thought JB was at risk of missing games due to injury or setback we would have kept Seimien.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So basically forfeit the season because you're scared of Aaron Donald...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 10:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: So basically forfeit the season because you're scared of Aaron Donald...

Everyone should be scared of Aaron Donald.

Reply/Quote
The question seems to be could we have a better chance of winning with Burrow at 50% or Browning/Grier at 100%?

We can't keep thinking or saying what if? Either play or sit. Make a decision now and let the named QB get maximum reps with the starters.

I suppose we have to let the doctors, Joe and coaches decide. It's frustrating and I am starting to think that Joe is snake bitten with his health.

We all worry about our "window" of opportunity closing. The Burrow Effect ($55 million) is going to be felt by all teams who are going to pay handsomely for QBs, we lost La'el, Bates, Bell and Hurst really due to saving money to sign Joe. Next year we might lose Reader, Boyd and Tee. Let's hope not. We have to have faith that Joe is talented enough to win with less talent around him on O and D, but he has to be 100% to even find out.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Playing Burrow should have zero to do with what team we are playing, this is the nfl elite players on Every team. it should be can he play at a level that does not restrict our offense that put us and him in a inferior position.
Reply/Quote

I think if Joe Burrow can play Monday Night, he will play.  Teams that start 0-3 do not go to play-offs, but 1-2 teams often make play-offs.  So the concept of making a run after starting 0-3 just doesn't happen.  

I don't think Donald is going to scare Burrow or any Bengals off the field.  So let's not over rate Donald on this. 

Bengals really need to get to 1-2 and not 0-3, because 0-3 teams, stick a fork in them, they are done. 

So no matter what people on here say, I doubt Joe Burrow is going to take this game off unless he is just too injured to play.  Monday Night gives him an extra day.  If Joe Burrow can play, he won't let wild horses keep him on the bench, he will be out there trying to avoid 0-3 start. OK, Burrow was limping some Sunday, but nothing that would mean he takes the next game off. Players play when they are not 100%. Joe Burrow is going to want to play. Plus Monday Night gives him an extra day of rest.

Plus the Bengals back up QBs aren't very good. They could not beat the Rams or the Titans or the Cardinals and the Bengals would be winless at the bye week, and the only thing they would make a run at is a last place finish. I understand concerns for Burrows health and the future of this franchise years to come, but if Joe Burrow can play, he will out there, because he wants to be out there.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Aaron Donald is so scary he covers the mirrors in his own house.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
What will 1 extra day do if 5 weeks wasn't enough? If this team is that lost because of 1 player being out they may as well forfeit the rest of the season. I know, I know, but he is Joe Burrow... other teams have lost their star QB and won games.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:04 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: What will 1 extra day do if 5 weeks wasn't enough? If this team is that lost because of 1 player being out they may as well forfeit the rest of the season. I know, I know, but he is Joe Burrow... other teams have lost their star QB and won games.

Other teams had good back up QBs.   Bengals will not win a game with their back-up QBs, they are pretty bad. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 10:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Aaron Donald is so scary he covers the mirrors in his own house.

Well heck, then every Bengal should Chicken Out and not show up for this game, because Donald is so scary. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Just hope he doesn't get RGIII'd
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:15 PM)kevin Wrote: Well heck, then every Bengal should Chicken Out and not show up for this game, because Donald is so scary. 

'Chicken Out' would be a good name for a fast-casual chain.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote