Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Input & Feedback - 2018 edition
It's that time of the year again, where I reach out to you guys for your input, feedback and suggestions. Your answers and opinions are a huge help when it comes to determining what could be added, improved upon or even gotten rid of. 

The goal, as always, is to make The Bengals Board as good of a user experience as we can for members and to continue to look for ways to be even better. Please take a minute to rate / answer the questions below. Much appreciated!!!

Rank the following from 1-10 (10 being the best)
Overall site speed / loading time - 
Usability on mobile devices -
Media functionality (gifs, images, videos load/play correctly) - 
Member Features (Alerts, Reactions, Moods, Chat, Arcade, etc) - 
Forum/category structure -
Site navigation -
Overall board theme -
Main Page sidebar -
Theme background -
Logo / banner -

Please answer the following questions
Do you visit the site most often using the desktop version, mobile version or Tapatalk?
On average, how many times do you visit the site per day or week?
Which 3 forums/subforums do you spent the most time in?
Which forum/subforum would you like to see more active?
Are there any new features you would like to see added?
Do you follow the site on Facebook and/or Twitter?
What things do you like most about the board?
What things do you least like about the board?
Is there anything about the site that you feel needs changed or could be improved?
Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site?
Reply/Quote
Overall site speed / loading time - 8
Usability on mobile devices - Don't use it.
Media functionality (gifs, images, videos load/play correctly) - 10
Member Features (Alerts, Reactions, Moods, Chat, Arcade, etc) - 10
Forum/category structure - 10
Site navigation - 10
Overall board theme - 10
Main Page sidebar - 9
Theme background - 10
Logo / banner - 10

Do you visit the site most often using the desktop version, mobile version or Tapatalk? - Desktop
On average, how many times do you visit the site per day or week? - Everyday, multiple times.
Which 3 forums/subforums do you spent the most time in? - Jungle Noise, Klotsch, Games
Which forum/subforum would you like to see more active? - Happy Birthday, lol
Are there any new features you would like to see added? - Negative rep
Do you follow the site on Facebook and/or Twitter? - No
What things do you like most about the board? - Friends and information
What things do you least like about the board? - Constant pessimistic posters
Is there anything about the site that you feel needs changed or could be improved? - Not really
Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site? - Can't think of any right now
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 07:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Rank the following from 1-10 (10 being the best)
Overall site speed / loading time - 8
Usability on mobile devices - Don't use it.
Site navigation - 10
Overall board theme - 10
Main Page sidebar - 9
Theme background - 10
Logo / banner - 10

Do you visit the site most often using the desktop version, mobile version or Tapatalk? - Desktop
On average, how many times do you visit the site per day or week? - Everyday, multiple times.
Which 3 forums/subforums do you spent the most time in? - Jungle Noise, Klotsch, Games
Which forum/subforum would you like to see more active? - Happy Birthday, lol
Are there any new features you would like to see added? - Negative rep
Do you follow the site on Facebook and/or Twitter? - No
What things do you like most about the board? - Friends and information
What things do you least like about the board? - Constant pessimistic posters
Is there anything about the site that you feel needs changed or could be improved? - Not really
Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site? - Can't think of any right now

Thanks for the feedback brother.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Thanks for the feedback brother.  :andy:

Thanks for the site bro'!   :andy:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 06:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's that time of the year again, where I reach out to you guys for your input, feedback and suggestions. Your answers and opinions are a huge help when it comes to determining what could be added, improved upon or even gotten rid of. 

The goal, as always, is to make The Bengals Board as good of a user experience as we can for members and to continue to look for ways to be even better. Please take a minute to rate / answer the questions below. Much appreciated!!!

Overall site speed / loading time - 9
Usability on mobile devices - 7 (Tapatalk is goofy sometimes)
Media functionality (gifs, images, videos load/play correctly) - 9
Member Features (Alerts, Reactions, Moods, Chat, Arcade, etc) - 9
Site navigation - 10
Overall board theme - 10
Main Page sidebar - 8 (Feels too cluttered)
Theme background - 10
Logo / banner - 10

Do you visit the site most often using the desktop version, mobile version or Tapatalk? Desktop
On average, how many times do you visit the site per day or week? Easily 10+ times a week
Which 3 forums/subforums do you spent the most time in? Jungle Noise, NFL Draft, Mock Drafts
Which forum/subforum would you like to see more active? Everything is active enough for me
Are there any new features you would like to see added? Negative Rep maybe?
Do you follow the site on Facebook and/or Twitter? Twitter, yes.
What things do you like most about the board? So many people have stuck around for years even going back to OG forums
What things do you least like about the board? Surprised there's never been an organized meet-up of some type over the years (to my knowledge)
Is there anything about the site that you feel needs changed or could be improved? User "levels" based on rep rather than number of posts maybe?
Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site? I like practically everything about this board.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's that time of the year again, where I reach out to you guys for your input, feedback and suggestions. Your answers and opinions are a huge help when it comes to determining what could be added, improved upon or even gotten rid of. 

Overall site speed / loading time - 10
Usability on mobile devices - 5- Sucks on my phone, but I think it's my phone.
Media functionality (gifs, images, videos load/play correctly) - 10 - works great.
Member Features (Alerts, Reactions, Moods, Chat, Arcade, etc) - 10 -  again works great.
Forum/category structure - 9 - it's really good.
Site navigation - 7 - Some threads or forums are not easily located or deleted I think?
Overall board theme - 10 - Very good. 
Main Page sidebar - 10 - It's good.
Theme background - 10 - It's good as well.
Logo / banner - 10 - Nice - and although you cant have a picture of me, it's the next best thing.

Do you visit the site most often using the desktop version, mobile version or Tapatalk? Desktop.
On average, how many times do you visit the site per day or week? Usually about 5-7 times a day. Even at work. Your going to get me fired!  Hilarious
Which 3 forums/subforums do you spent the most time in? Klotsch, Jungle noise and more clean funny pictures and jokes.

Which forum/subforum would you like to see more active?  Hmm
Are there any new features you would like to see added? Would like to see BOTD back. Maybe it's still there but havent seen it. Also, NSFW.
Do you follow the site on Facebook and/or Twitter? No.
What things do you like most about the board? Love you guys!
What things do you least like about the board? You don't serve beer!
Is there anything about the site that you feel needs changed or could be improved? Nah, it's pretty good.
Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site? Not really. Your doing a great job. Although, it would be nice if we had a "Player of the week" thing? I know it's not possible, but like how there are awards? We could recognize who posted the most during a 7 day period. Wait, bad Idea. People would be posting stupid stuff like I just did. LOLOL.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the feedback Ocho and Harley. 

Every bit of input the community provides is very helpful!
Reply/Quote
Excuse me for skipping all the questions about appearance and technical features.  None of that makes a big difference to me.  Only quirk I run across sometimes is being unable to match format with cut and paste even after I try to remove formatting.  Not a major problem.

I rarely use anything other than a laptop to access boards.

I would like for everyone who wants to participate to pick the Bengals game every week (against the spread) and keep the leader board on the main menu page.
Reply/Quote

Overall site speed / loading time - 10
Usability on mobile devices - 7
Media functionality (gifs, images, videos load/play correctly) - 9
Site navigation - 9
Overall board theme - 10
Main Page sidebar - 9
Theme background - 10
Logo / banner - 12 Cool

Do you visit the site most often using the desktop version, mobile version or Tapatalk? Desktop
On average, how many times do you visit the site per day or week? 4 to 5 times a weekday...now and then on weekends
Which 3 forums/subforums do you spent the most time in? Jungle Noise, Klotsch, TV, Movies, & Music
Which forum/subforum would you like to see more active? DIY
Are there any new features you would like to see added? Nope
Do you follow the site on Facebook and/or Twitter? Facebook
What things do you like most about the board? The community, the ease of use, look, and all of the different forums
What things do you least like about the board? May just be my phone, but I have some issues using desktop view on it.
Is there anything about the site that you feel needs changed or could be improved? No
Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site? There is that quirk fred mentioned.....other than that.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Excuse me for skipping all the questions about appearance and technical features.  None of that makes a big difference to me.  Only quirk I run across sometimes is being unable to match format with cut and paste even after I try to remove formatting.  Not a major problem.

I would like for everyone who wants to participate to pick the Bengals game every week (against the spread) and keep the leader board on the main menu page.

Are you highlighting the text and then clicking 'remove formatting'? 

Another way: If you go all the way to the right of the editor bar, there's a page icon beside the 4 green arrows that shows the source format. If you click that, it will allow you to manually change or remove any unwanted formatting code like font, size or color used in the article you are copying/pasting from. 

I like the game picks/leader board idea. Interested what other members think about it.
Reply/Quote
I use a combo of a desktop, laptop IPAD and Iphone, but more laptop and desktop. I do have extremely fast internet and the site loads quickly. I have no technical issues with the site, but I am not tech savvy so I am not informed enough to use all the great features.

So, rate it all a 10 that I use.

I thinks the mods are fair and when we get out of line address it in a timely and professional way.
I like the idea Fred suggested of weekly picks, that would be fun.

I may not post as much in this forum versus the old site, but I think this site is much better and the community overall seems to be much more civilized.

TY for your work Holic and all of those who work to make the board the best. We may never have a Lombardi winner, but I put our board formats, board members and mods are superior to their teams boards.. Yeah that's right Steeler's fans we beat you at something.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Excuse me for skipping all the questions about appearance and technical features.  None of that makes a big difference to me.  Only quirk I run across sometimes is being unable to match format with cut and paste even after I try to remove formatting.  Not a major problem.

To add to this, here's some other quirks I've noticed:

- Random font changes (after submitting a post) that seem difficult or at times impossible to fix. This is pretty rare though.

- When I quote posts on my phone, the quote gets squished down to one line that's impossible to read. I fix this by clicking the space bar, then delete (within the quote), which somehow brings the quote back to full size. This could just be my phone though (?)

Not big problems really. Just things I've noticed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Usability on mobile devices - 10 (I only use desktop version though)
Forum/category structure - 10; one of the few things the mothership had consistently right.
Site navigation - 10
Overall board theme - 9
Main Page sidebar - If I never even notice it, do I give it a score? lol
Theme background - 9
Logo / banner - 10

On average, how many times do you visit the site per day or week? Multiple a day
Which 3 forums/subforums do you spent the most time in? JN, Draft, Klotsch
Which forum/subforum would you like to see more active? Not sure...
Are there any new features you would like to see added? You're good :)
Do you follow the site on Facebook and/or Twitter? No
What things do you like most about the board? Everything; the community.
What things do you least like about the board? When the negative people spam their BS in each and every thread, regardless of it's aptness.
Is there anything about the site that you feel needs changed or could be improved? Never!
Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site? I have nothing.

'tis a wonderful home for us fans :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Usability on mobile devices - I rarely use a mobile device for the site
Forum/category structure - 8
Site navigation - 10
Overall board theme - 10
Main Page sidebar - 8
Theme background - 10
Logo / banner - 10

On average, how many times do you visit the site per day or week? Between June and December, at least once a day. Maybe once a month during the other months.
Which 3 forums/subforums do you spent the most time in? Jungle Noise, Jim Owczarski, Smack Talk
Which forum/subforum would you like to see more active? None
Are there any new features you would like to see added? The old forum had a button within each topic that would take you to the first unread post in that topic. I'd like to see something like that.
Do you follow the site on Facebook and/or Twitter? No
What things do you like most about the board? Relatively few trolls
What things do you least like about the board? Trolls
Is there anything about the site that you feel needs changed or could be improved? Not really
Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site? See "First Unread Post" suggestion above.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2018, 01:36 PM)T_Bone Wrote: Do you have any ideas / suggestions that you think would be good for the site? See "First Unread Post" suggestion above.

This site has that, as well.  Look for the green arrow next to the thread title.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2018, 01:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This site has that, as well.  Look for the green arrow next to the thread title.

Thanks!!
Reply/Quote