Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Moving To A New Host
Just wanted to let everyone know that we will soon be moving the site to a new host. We will be switching to a cloud environment, which should allow for a lot more growth and security, while also improving the overall speed and load times. 

The switch will happen sometime in the next few days, and the site might be down for 1-2 days while the migration and some much needed database work / maintenance take place. Once I have the exact date, I will post an announcement at the top of the site, and on Facebook and Twitter in advance. 

Hopefully, everything goes smoothly and we don't any issues. I'm paying some professional web geeks to assist in the transfer. Overall, I think it will be very good for the site in the long term, which is always the goal.

Thanks, BJ

Added Note: The site migration will most likely be starting on Friday, and the goal is to be done by Sunday. However the techies that will be handling the move caution that it could be up to 3-5 days, if needed, to ensure that everything is done correctly and no data is lost in the process.

Also, I've gotten a few PM's asking if the url will change. The answer is no. We'll still be thebengalsboard.com. Once the migration starts, we'll just have to be patient until the site goes live again.
Reply/Quote
How can we help with the costs?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 05:35 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: How can we help with the costs?

It's all good. I just sold my soul to Mike Brown.  Ninja

Seriously, the ads help to cover the cost. Plus, I would never be comfortable with asking for contributions. You guys are the reason this board exits and continues to grow. I would say that you've more than done your part!

:andy:
Reply/Quote
Will we have to re-register.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 05:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Will we have to re-register.

No...if everything goes smoothly (fingers crossed)...all data should be kept intact.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the heads up. We all appreciate all the work you and the other volunteers put into this site! I had no idea how much went into keeping a forum like this going. Keep up the great work!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 05:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's all good. I just sold my soul to Mike Brown.  Ninja

Well that just sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I know you say you don't need donations, but if it comes down to it and it costs more than anticipated, a lot of us would be willing to help out. This site is important to many. More than you know.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 05:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's all good. I just sold my soul to Mike Brown.  Ninja

Seriously, the ads help to cover the cost. Plus, I would never be comfortable with asking for contributions. You guys are the reason this board exits and continues to grow. I would say that you've more than done your part!

Just know we would happily contribute if the ad revenue ever didn't cover the costs. Thanks for everything you do!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 05:35 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: How can we help with the costs?

(09-16-2017, 06:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know you say you don't need donations, but if it comes down to it and it costs more than anticipated, a lot of us would be willing to help out. This site is important to many. More than you know.

How about if some members Want to donate something to offset cost.
Could you set up something simple for a less technically inclined person  ( me ) to donate? :andy:
I really appreciate your efforts, and all others who make this forum work.
Reply/Quote

Sooooooo, what was his initial offer? $18.32?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 06:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know you say you don't need donations, but if it comes down to it and it costs more than anticipated, a lot of us would be willing to help out. This site is important to many. More than you know.

(09-16-2017, 07:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just know we would happily contribute if the ad revenue ever didn't cover the costs. Thanks for everything you do!

(09-16-2017, 07:35 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: How about if some members Want to donate something to offset cost.
Could you set up something simple for a less technically inclined person  ( me ) to donate? :andy:
I really appreciate your efforts, and all others who make this forum work.

Much appreciated guys, but for now, we should be good to go.

(09-16-2017, 09:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sooooooo, what was his initial offer? $18.32?

Nah, even worse. He offered me a cut of Bodine's first Pro Bowl bonus check.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
Folks should feel free to donate money to me. My time is not free.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Maybe we can donate to the buy an offensive lineman fund then ?

Seriously though appreciate all you do for us Holic.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 05:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No...if everything goes smoothly (fingers crossed)...all data should be kept intact.

Ah, just like the Bengals in the offseason.  Nervous

Haha jk. thanks for all you do.  :andy:
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Quote:I just sold my soul to Mike Brown. 
The league catagorically denies purchasing souls, but thefixisin.net would absolutely argue Mikey owns your soul now..  
 Can't wait till we're required to back every move the team makes as part of membership here. 
Mikey is the greatest mind in football 
Marvin is the greatest coach in living memory of any sport
Andy has never thrown an interception
The league has never done anything remotely questionable and there has never been even the slightest hint of corruption..

Gee, I guess that makes me the greatest poster ever here now, huh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Precisely...Count me in here as well.  This place is so cathartic to me when a lot of shit falls.  
Reply/Quote

Mike Brown is too cheap to buy a soul.  Ninja

Thanks for the heads up...see you on the other side!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
HATE to keep saying I TOLD YOU SO guys, but this pretty much sums it all up.

The new URL for the site, ww3.thenewbengalsboard.co.uk makes the teams move to London a forgone conclusion.

But yeah. TOLDYA
Reply/Quote
Thanks to everyone who makes this board so great! I'm 70 yrs.old and sometimes my rambling on here doesn't make much sense! Although my loyalty to the Bengals hasn't changed, it's gettin tougher and tougher to uphold that loyalty!
Reply/Quote