Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skuta + one of K Barth/Aguayo
http://wgnradio.com/2017/08/30/hoges-10-bears-things-better-depth-means-tougher-cuts-this-year/

Anyone here think that one of (all 3?) would be an upgrade over the guys we currently have on board??
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 09:22 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: http://wgnradio.com/2017/08/30/hoges-10-bears-things-better-depth-means-tougher-cuts-this-year/

Anyone here think that one of (all 3?) would be an upgrade over the guys we currently have on board??

Nope. Skuta is a stopgap, Bengals don't need another stopgap.
I wouldn't take Aguayo, and both of the K's on the Bengals look pretty decent. Barth also had a lower FG% than Nugent last year, so not worth dropping one for the sake of Barth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure about the Kickers. Bullock has been just about perfect so far. It is hard for us to say there is a legitimate kicking competition and then cut Bullock.
Reply/Quote
I know that i had Connor Barth a couple years ago (when he played for Denver) as a waiver wire pickup on my fantasy team. The guy was the best frickin kicker in all of football. In fact, without him I would not have won the championship...just sayin'
Reply/Quote
Aguayo... Lol you cant be effing serious? We'd be better off lettng Ochocinco kicking then Robert Aguayo.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 09:22 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: http://wgnradio.com/2017/08/30/hoges-10-bears-things-better-depth-means-tougher-cuts-this-year/

the fact you put Aguayo as someone you think is better than what is on our roster makes me not take you seriously
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 10:06 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Aguayo... Lol you cant be effing serious? We'd be better off lettng Ochocinco kicking then Robert Aguayo.

I would have welcomed this. :andy:
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I still think, with the dollars behind what Bullock will command, that if Elliott has a good preseason game four, in terms of FGs, like he's perfect and hits a 50+ yarder, they will go with him.

When you look at the contracts that will be coming due over the next couple years, it could amount to an annual savings of around $4 million in years 3 and 4 of Elliot's contract. To be fair, also, he has been booming KOs, and has missed one kick, and it was on grass. Bullock nearly missed an extra point on the same field.

Just saying, it is closer than folks believe and I still think Elliot will be a huge upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 10:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I still think, with the dollars behind what Bullock will command, that if Elliott has a good preseason game four, in terms of FGs, like he's perfect and hits a 50+ yarder, they will go with him.

When you look at the contracts that will be coming due over the next couple years, it could amount to an annual savings of around $4 million in years 3 and 4 of Elliot's contract.  To be fair, also, he has been booming KOs, and has missed one kick, and it was on grass.  Bullock nearly missed an extra point on the same field.

Just saying, it is closer than folks believe and I still think Elliot will be a huge upgrade.

I think you right. I would like to see Elliot hit a long one still.  Seems like with their rotation they have, Bullock has gotten the 50yds plus attempts. You will see Bullock claimed by the Bears in a heartbeat too!
Reply/Quote
Could not put my finger on it but never trusted Bullock last season.

Yet he has looked good in preseason.

Want Elliot to win and not even the least bit concerned about the long FG's by him and already proved he can handle kickoffs.

But want him to prove to be consistent from midrange. Have heard he struggled in a practice or two but still pulling for him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 12:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Could not put my finger on it but never trusted Bullock last season.

Yet he has looked good in preseason.

Want Elliot to win and not even the least bit concerned about the long FG's by him and already proved he can handle kickoffs.

But want him to prove to be consistent from midrange. Have heard he struggled in a practice or two but still pulling for him.

It's hard to trust Bullock. He missed the GW FG against the Texans.

Also, you'd like if he were good that he would have stuck somewhere.

That said...maybe he will be reliable this year. There's really no way to know.
Reply/Quote
As with everything business decisions will eventually rule the day. If it's a matter of a few million bucks I suspect Elliott wins out. If you're getting relatively the same product at a lower price it's a no brainer. 
Nobody can peer into the future to see who might miss a field goal or PAT and when the competition is so tight you pretty much have to go with the guy you know you can contractually lock up for the long term vs the guy who may be gone the next year of two.. Bullock is in his 6th season. Do the math. Players automatically get a $15,000 raise every season so he'll make at minimum $90,000 more per season. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 10:06 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Aguayo... Lol you cant be effing serious? We'd be better off lettng Ochocinco kicking then Robert Aguayo.

No kidding.

Aguayo is a lost cause I'm afraid. I'm not sure if his problems are in his head or if he just isn't that good. His last field goal attempt was in the Bears preseason game against Arizona, whoops miss, game after that only attempt was an extra point which he made, all previous chances loaded with so many misses he got cut from a team that drafted him in the 2nd round. I wouldn't consider him over what the Bengals have now.  Maybe if Bullock and Elliot suddenly start missing all over the place but even then probably not. Just kidding but I'd probably let Huber kick field goals before Aguayo.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
you serious Clark?
Reply/Quote
This thread is nonsense. I actually contemplated deleting it, simply on the basis of the idiocy of it's premise..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think that Barth is still one of the best kickers in the league, and if he gets waived I would hope we are first in line to pick him up.
With Aguayo, sure he had a terrible rookie season.....But using this logic Cedar Ogbuehi and WJ3 would be released already (they didn't even play their rookie years).......I mean, there's gotta be a reason that the bucs traded up into the 2nd round to get him (ie the talent is there)
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 10:17 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: I think that Barth is still one of the best kickers in the league, and if he gets waived I would hope we are first in line to pick him up.
With Aguayo, sure he had a terrible rookie season.....But using this logic Cedar Ogbuehi  and WJ3 would be released already (they didn't even play their rookie years).......I mean, there's gotta be a reason that the bucs traded up into the 2nd round to get him (ie the talent is there)

And Aguayo missed his field goal attempt vs Cardinals preseason while competing for a job against Barth.  There is a reason the Bucs cut him and didn't even try to make a trade for him.  The guy is no good right now.  Maybe some day he will end up on a team and redeem himself but as it stands now he totally sucks at kicking field goals.  I don't think the Bengals are in a place right now to give him that chance when they have kickers that have out performed him. 

I don't think Barth will get waived. At least not based on what Aguayo has done so far. Aguayo would probably have to make four 50 yard plus field goals in their last preseason game for the Bears to even consider letting Barth go.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Well, after this last kick, I will literally be sick if Elliott wins the position. And like others have said, there's a reason why Bullocks has bounced around the league - - - he's no good.
So, who would you like to see the team bring in prior to the kicks actually counting??
Reply/Quote
And, with that last kick, I will also be physically ill if Bullocks were to win this so called competition. Might as well just call it what it is....BUMFIGHTS!!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 10:45 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: So, who would you like to see the team bring in prior to the kicks actually counting??

I don't see anyone else available or that might be available right now that are better than what the Bengals have. Aguayo certainly has not shown he is capable of doing better than the Bengals current kickers and unless he steps up his game in some glorious way he isn't going to replace Barth. It isn't like there are a bunch of potential pro bowl kickers just waiting to be signed.

Honestly I don't think the Bengals kicking game is in such a bad place that there is a huge concern to the point they should consider some busted kicker that may not even make the team after he was cut by Tampa.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote