Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Slater over Sewell
If you know me you know ESPECIALLY this year I’m a major proponent of trading back. But found this tidbit interesting, as more and more nfl teams and team personell have slater rated higher.

Daniel Jeremiah: we all know slater over Sewell.

Lance zerlien: he agrees with Dj

Matt Miller: multiple scouting directors and area scouts prefer slater over Sewell
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 04:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If you know me you know ESPECIALLY this year I’m a major proponent of trading back. But found this tidbit interesting, as more and more nfl teams and team personell have slater rated higher.

Matt Miller: multiple scouting directors and area scouts prefer slater over Sewell

What's your precious Draft Network say?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 05:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What's your precious Draft Network say?

Prolly still on a bender from losing in the championship by a large margin.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 04:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If you know me you know ESPECIALLY this year I’m a major proponent of trading back. But found this tidbit interesting, as more and more nfl teams and team personell have slater rated higher.

Slater is older than Sewell and is more polished, but Sewell has the (much) higher ceiling.
Depending on what you're looking for, Slater might be a better fit.
Measurements for both (height, weight, length) I think will be big, as neither has played since 2019.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Sweet. I'll go all in and put my chips on the table that Sewell is noticeably better than Slater, from day 1 on. 

Mark it down, stamp it and put it in a sig. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sweet. I'll go all in and put my chips on the table that Sewell is noticeably better than Slater, from day 1 on. 

U would be wrong. Sewell is gonna be good. So is slater. So are a bunch of olineman this year for that matter. Sewell won’t be a hall of famer like many are projecting
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sweet. I'll go all in and put my chips on the table that Sewell is noticeably better than Slater, from day 1 on. 

Slater is easily the more technically sound player. Sewell ur relying on upside. By that logic slater would easily be the better player day 1.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Slater is older than Sewell and is more polished, but Sewell has the (much) higher ceiling.

Older? Isn’t he like 50+ now?

[Image: saved-by-the-bell-adult-ac-slater-costume.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 02:08 AM)Jpoore Wrote: U would be wrong. 

I rarely am.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 02:10 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Slater is easily the more technically sound player. Sewell ur relying on upside. By that logic slater would easily be the better player day 1.

Slater is more technically sound. Sewell is more athletic and stronger--and he has good technique for his age. He's had a year to work on his game. It's doubful he sat around and did nothing. 

Reply/Quote
Let's talk about something Daniel Jeremiah doesn't have; Wyatt Davis in his top 50. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0

He does have Landon Dickerson at #44, listed as IOL. 

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 03:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let's talk about something Daniel Jeremiah doesn't have; Wyatt Davis in his top 50. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0

He does have Landon Dickerson at #44, listed as IOL. 

It’s an OSU guard. I wouldn’t have him in my top 50 either
Reply/Quote
So to wrap this thread up, Sewell won't be a hall of famer because Daniel Jeremiah told you so. Well so sorry to disappoint you on your hot take, but I will take your hot turd opinion and flush it. I could utterly obliterate this entire debate by pointing out his 2020 big board, but what would be the point.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 08:51 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Older? Isn’t he like 50+ now?

[Image: saved-by-the-bell-adult-ac-slater-costume.jpg]

Speaking of: RIP Screech
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of: RIP Screech

That escalated quickly.

Three weeks and boom. Gone.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 07:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That escalated quickly.

Three weeks and boom. Gone.

You just explained my first 2 marriages. RIP SCREEEEEEEEEECH!

Reply/Quote
I haven’t watched anything other than a couple YouTube highlights on Sewell.

This made me want to watch more. So I did take a peek at the game VS Auburn. The way Sewell is talked about around here I expected to see a god, but I didn’t really see a savior of the line. He looked ok. Good test against the power of Marlon Davidson and Brown. Not a good game to judge how he will handle true NFL edge pass rushers. But he did wind up on his ass a couple times against the power
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 08:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I haven’t watched anything other than a couple YouTube highlights on Sewell.

This made me want to watch more. So I did take a peek at the game VS Auburn. The way Sewell is talked about around here I expected to see a god, but I didn’t really see a savior of the line. He looked ok. Good test against the power of Marlon Davidson and Brown. Not a good game to judge how he will handle true NFL edge pass rushers. But he did wind up on his ass a couple times against the power

He was 19...

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 11:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was 19...

And hasn’t played football since.

I’m not saying he is bad. I just don’t think he is the perfect flawless prospect he has been propped up to be though.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 12:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And hasn’t played football since.

I’m not saying he is bad. I just don’t think he is the perfect flawless prospect he has been propped up to be though.

Not one single person on here has said that.

Reply/Quote