Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Slater over Sewell
(03-09-2021, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Now that's what you call a Wide Zone Offensive Lineman.

Teams typically specify arm length down to at least quarter-inch, so my assumption from this is his arms are exactly 33.0"
That's right at the threshold for OT to me.
I'm a little more comfortable taking him to be OT now, but I'll still have some hesitation until we can see him in an actual NFL game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 07:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Teams typically specify arm length down to at least quarter-inch, so my assumption from this is his arms are exactly 33.0"
That's right at the threshold for OT to me.
I'm a little more comfortable taking him to be OT now, but I'll still have some hesitation until we can see him in an actual NFL game.

I have hesitation with all draftees,  nfl a different  level
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 06:06 PM)yang Wrote: This is a false proposition.  It's not an either/ or scenario.      At number 5 you take the best prospect and there is a strong argument that is J Chase over Sewell.  WR is a more important position and harder to fill with a generational talent.  

WR is not more important and it's not harder to fill.  Look at all the mid 1st rounders and 2nd rounders that come in and peform at a high level.

I also don't think anyone in the draft world considers Chase a generational talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 08:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: WR is not more important and it's not harder to fill.  Look at all the mid 1st rounders and 2nd rounders that come in and peform at a high level.

I also don't think anyone in the draft world considers Chase a generational talent.
Well I'm sure someone might say Chase is but what I've read he is a top prospect but not generational,  I read more rave about Sewell than Chase
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 04:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's hard to have this argument, because there are a few teams that probably have Slater as a top 5 player in this draft.
And how many teams project Fields as a top 5 but he is being looked at that because of need, you act like you going go BPA and totally ignore need. 
Reply/Quote
Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus wrote and in interviews stated the belief that he was universally understood to be a generational talent at PFF and would take him over Sewell because he's rated higher and "positional value" is higher at WR.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-positional-value-matters-in-the-nfl-draft
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 08:44 PM)yang Wrote: Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus wrote and in interviews stated the belief that he was universally understood to be a generational talent at PFF and would take him over Sewell because he's rated higher and "positional value" is higher at WR.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-positional-value-matters-in-the-nfl-draft

I have watch and read multiple people talk that way about Sewell and i would debate PFF all day in todays game.. there are less great tackles than great WRS.. the game today spreads the ball around more and more and also because teams pass more out of spread, tackles are even more important.  Not debate to me.. Sewell over Chase

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-2021-Penei-Sewell-Oregon-Ducks-Hall-of-Fame-comparison-Orlando-Pace-161825570/
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 03:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Slater checked in with 33 inch, not sure 33 and what, arms according to Daniel Jeremiah. That should at least calm some who thought he had freakishly short arms haha. I don't want him or Sewell at 5 but another option in a potential trade back scenario I guess.

from what I have been reading across different outlets and boards.. Slater has been moving up the board over the last month and his pro day helped that movement.. more talk have him going to top 8.. Caroline sitting at 8 looks like a prime landing spot.. if Sewell is gone, I am sure the Bengals will be taking a hard look at Slater but for trade back reasons.. you probably will continue to here Slater is our man on the line.. so if he is gone some Philly or Lions jump a spot or two to for Bengals pick worried about they might go WR or teams might want that pick for that pick since neither Phil or Lions will be picking a QB
Reply/Quote