Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slater reminds me of Andre Dillard and that’s not a good thing
A lot of things to say.

Ced O is not a good comparison - Ced O was drafted because he had a five star body but film sucked.

Slater is good in the run game for college, but his style of play is consistent with players, imo, who are overfit to the college game. You don’t take that risk in the top five but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was successful.

Sewell does not lack technique, a lot of people would say he is the best ol prospect in 10 years and I would agree. Sewell is similar in some ways to Slater but has better size and strength and push.

This discussion needs to be framed as is Slater worthy of being feared in the top-5 and my issue is that I don’t see that value being there.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 10:40 PM)samhain Wrote: You're probably right.  I got used to Whit being around at 6-7 340.  300 didn't seem overly big.  I suppose it's adequate for a tackle.

Yep, there are plenty of good OTs less than 320.

Out of the list of the Top 15 OTs according to PFF, here's how many are less than 320 lbs:
- David Bakhtiari (2nd overall) - 310 lb
- Garret Bolles (3rd overall) - 297 lb
- DJ Humphries (4th overall) - 307 lb
- Duane Brown (5th overall) - 315 lb
- Terron Armstead (7th overall) - 304 lb
- Jack Conklin (9th overall) - 308 lb
- Isaiah Wynn (10th overall) - 310 lb
- Taylor Decker (tied 11th overall) - 311 lb
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 05:31 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Is it fair to throw out their worst tape? My point is that without the OSU tape, he would be going later in the draft - doesn’t make him a bad player. But that tape is getting meme’d.

You see centers come into the league all the time who are “technicians” - can scoop around a player lined up in the gap, very ‘agile’, mobile, etc. but are out of the league a few years later - lots of rimington award winners. Dillard comes to mind as an OT who has a similar game. What I’m afraid of is that we find out later that his game doesn’t translate in the NFL and we waste another top 5 pick.

Just my gut feeling. I liked Jonah better as a prospect, would be willing to go for a more conservative proven type of player.

You don't count it because it's his best game, you look at it because he played against one of the best DE to come out in awhile.  Lucky for him, it just also happens to be one of his best games/.

Slater is a proven player from a power 5 team.  Not sure what else you are looking for.
Reply/Quote