Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sloppy victory
I'll take that sloppy, dumb penalty win over a perfectly executed loss any day. The old Bengals would have lost this.....good teams find a way to win no matter how bad they play. I will admit you can't expect to win like this every week and things need cleaned up, but I'll take it!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ridiculous thread.

Here, i'll show you how to redeem it.

The Bengals are the ONLY road team with a win so far today. 

Against probably the best team. Mellow
Reply/Quote
This game had all the feel of a playoff game. Never count out Burrow, Zac and Co. in games like this.

Big big win

Reply/Quote
Can we put to rest, the Huber vs Chrisman debate. Cris came up big when we were pinned back. Holds are flawless. Thx Hub for a mostly great career....but time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:25 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Can we put to rest, the Huber vs Chrisman debate.  Cris came up big when we were pinned back.  Holds are flawless.  Thx Hub for a mostly great career....but time to move on.

He holds the Bengals all time record for games played. He may be picked up by another team if we cut him, if not, he can stay on the PS in case we need him
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Sloppy wins is like sloppy sex. I'll still take it anytime.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
[Image: 8fd87363-9c6e-44b6-9568-c46ffc2f2563_text.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:25 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Can we put to rest, the Huber vs Chrisman debate.  Cris came up big when we were pinned back.  Holds are flawless.  Thx Hub for a mostly great career....but time to move on.

The big question is: Do we have the ballz to cut Huber? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't recall seeing any replays on the Bengals penalties which was frustrating.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:58 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I don't recall seeing any replays on the Bengals penalties which was frustrating.

Right? I don’t need a 30 second close up of Mike Vrabel’s face. Show the goddamn replay!

Reply/Quote
What did happen to Collins? Is he injuried? He was limping out there on the field after one play. He came back and played well, but that's something we need to keep our eyes on.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He holds the Bengals all time record for games played. He may be picked up by another team if we cut him, if not, he can stay on the PS in case we need him

We would have to waive him first. Even if he made it to PS, he could/would be poached when someone needs a punter. Doesn’t seem like Bengals will be making any big personnel moves. Think we found WR4 in Irwin.
Reply/Quote
It's just past the 2nd half of the season - there are no such things as ugly wins from that point on.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:58 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I don't recall seeing any replays on the Bengals penalties which was frustrating.

Two calls that REALLY got me going without a replay….

1- offensive PI on a simple route to Hurst. There didn’t seem to be a rub or anything.

2- 3rd and 1 (really it was inches). I don’t know that I’ve ever seen holding calls on such a short quick play.

These two calls realllllly pissed me off.
Reply/Quote
It’s hard to complain about the penalty calls when they don’t show replays. The illegal pick call on Evans was a good call but that almost never gets called. Titans had a similar play late in the game that was a no call, luckily pass was incomplete. These pick/rub plays are one of my biggest pet peeves especially because the squealers use them a lot and never get called.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And we were without Chase and Mixon. And still won. Might be the biggest takeaway for me.

Yup.

Really nails home the point that the only guy this team can't win without is Burrow. Lose your RB, lose a WR, lose your top CB... things keep rolling along. When we lost Burrow, that season was lost instantly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:10 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yup.

Really nails home the point that the only guy this team can't win without is Burrow. Lose your RB, lose a WR, lose your top CB... things keep rolling along. When we lost Burrow, that season was lost instantly.

Mike Brown was right all these years that you need a great qb to win. They just couldn't find one.
Reply/Quote
The QB is the most important player. News at 11. :lol:

Reply/Quote
I know this does not mean we will win against KC, but that team we beat ugly took KC to OT with their backup QB in KC. I also believe Simmons was out that game. These are tough wins, and we are currently 3-1 against AFC playoff teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:24 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I know this does not mean we will win against KC, but that team we beat ugly took KC to OT with their backup QB in KC. I also believe Simmons was out that game. These are tough wins, and we are currently 3-1 against AFC playoff teams.

If the titans wrs could catch that game, or if tannehill was in they beat the chiefs I think. They're a good well coached team. This was a great win. 
Reply/Quote