Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallest Crowd in PBS History
(12-02-2019, 01:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The whole 'modern offense' thing.

I think that was a false bill of goods. I don't think Taylor knows much more than copying the Rams playbook...which he likely had no hand in creating as the Assistant WR Coach then QB Coach.

Yeah, I agree. I don't see Taylor as much more than a coat tail riding dweeb who is still in way over his head.

The second game against Pittsburgh shows us that Taylor have nothing to offer in the way of innovation.

The defensive scheme is finally reflecting the skills of the top players. They clearly changed up on the DL scheme.

Accidents happen and yesterday's win is nothing more than accident until they show they can do well against a decent team.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was going to say....sure didn't look 3/4 full.  

There is only one way to change that number....and it isn't just drafting a QB.  They have to sign about 4-5 quality FA.  Not re-treads, not bargain basement guys, but sign some real solid players to replace the turds you drafted at LB, G, and RT.  

Agree

Mike Brown gives us another ho hum off season Joe Burrow or not that stadium will be a ghost town next season.

He's got to make some major moves if he wants to actually put "some butts in seats". And even then there's a ton of people who feel they've been burnt one to many times with the typical window dressing stuff.

MB is gonna have to go big or go home. Like you say real top tier free agents, 3 or 4 of em. Trade some players for picks. Get rid of some of the dead wood. There's a lot of work to do.

He sits on hid hands again........
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 11:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

Mike Brown gives us another ho hum off season Joe Burrow or not that stadium will be a ghost town next season.

He's got to make some major moves if he wants to actually put "some butts in seats". And even then there's a ton of people who feel they've been burnt one to many times with the typical window dressing stuff.

MB is gonna have to go big or go home. Like you say real top tier free agents, 3 or 4 of em. Trade some players for picks. Get rid of some of the dead wood. There's a lot of work to do.

Absolutely agree. He is going to have a difficult time landing top free agents even if he wants to. Guys with options generally don't choose to come here. I am having an extremely hard time believing that he is going to suddenly change his stripes and begin to run the team any differently. All we can do is sit, wait, and hope.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 11:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

Even if he were to spend to cash, why would a free agent come in? Everything else about the organization is notoriously cheap. Everything from the facilities to the food is bottom of the barrel by NFL standards. The organization, top to bottom needs a total overhaul.
Reply/Quote
The only way to get quality free agents is by getting a new head coach with credibility to attract top players.

Any FA who comes to current organization will not be top tier and we will have to seriously overpay.

Thus- don't expect any changes for 2020.
Reply/Quote
I guess the Jets fans didn't travel well?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The whole 'modern offense' thing.

I think that was a false bill of goods. I don't think Taylor knows much more than copying the Rams playbook...which he likely had no hand in creating as the Assistant WR Coach then QB Coach.

[Image: Office-Space-Stare-at-my-desk.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was going to say....sure didn't look 3/4 full.  

There is only one way to change that number....and it isn't just drafting a QB.  They have to sign about 4-5 quality FA.  Not re-treads, not bargain basement guys, but sign some real solid players to replace the turds you drafted at LB, G, and RT.  

100% true and 100% not going to happen. Nothing moves the Tree Sloth from his business model. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
The Brown family still gets a buttload of money from TV revenue and league profit sharing. Fans in the stands used to count way back when, but now it's just a tax write off at best..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 03:49 PM)grampahol Wrote: The Brown family still gets a buttload of money from TV revenue and league profit sharing. Fans in the stands used to count way back when, but now it's just a tax write off at best..

Ah, so that's why the PBS gameday experience seems like a trip to H&R Block.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did we think a new coaching staff would put butts in seats?

The family probably thought so. 

Dehner mentioned that a small reason for the Cordy Glenn trade was to reinvigorate season ticket sales. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 01:15 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The family probably thought so. 

Dehner mentioned that a small reason for the Cordy Glenn trade was to reinvigorate season ticket sales. 

The Inbreds are actually stupid enough to believe that trade would put people in the stands. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 01:15 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The family probably thought so. 

That has to be a joke lol
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 02:21 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The Inbreds are actually stupid enough to believe that trade would put people in the stands. 

So that is why I heard Banjos playing in the background when Cordy was being introduced after the Trade.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 01:15 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The family probably thought so. 

I would say that on the board there were a lot of people that were excited by the Glenn trade and they were talking about how the Bengals were doing things that they rarely do.

Lets face it, it doesn't take much for this fan base to get excited. The draft gives hope every year.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 02:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would say that on the board there were a lot of people that were excited by the Glenn trade and they were talking about how the Bengals were doing things that they rarely do.

Lets face it, it doesn't take much for this fan base to get excited. The draft gives hope every year.

The draft only gives hope to the teams that are always losers. 

My brother is a Seahawks fan but he does not even follow the draft. He just says "I know they draft well and I don't really care about new players until they get on the field". 

Reply/Quote
I was there in section 108. Niece bought me tickets for my birthday.

I'd be surprised if 20k showed up. Upper decks were almost empty and our lower section had many open seats

My first game.

Have to say I enjoyed watching at home more. Concession prices were absolutely ridiculous costing almost 12 bucks for a hot dog and a pepsi.

I'll never go back
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 03:23 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The draft only gives hope to the teams that are always losers. 

My brother is a Seahawks fan but he does not even follow the draft. He just says "I know they draft well and I don't really care about new players until they get on the field". 

Or maybe your brother's just a casual, fairweather, front-runner... That wasn't meant to be insulting in any way. Some people are just more casual fans.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess the Jets fans didn't travel well?

I bet that fireman dbag fan of theirs was there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Need to start tarping off sections of the upper deck like the Jaguars and Raiders do.

Its going to be sad when Garth Brooks has the biggest crowd in PBS for the last months for his May concert
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote