Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not that the sun gives a hoot
But this begins my 59th trip around it. That sounds like a lot until I consider my dad is heading into his 89th trip come November..His mother made 94 trips.. 
Yeah, I know..cryptic nonsense, huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we need to throw you a birthday party. Hookers and blow!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Well, happy birthday to you. You young fart!

Reply/Quote
Well I did get one odd present. My least favorite niece, a real piece of work called and completely falsely accused me of stealing her stuff 20 years ago after a fire in my father's old house. (As if I would even remotely want the crap she left behind after the fire. My sister and her family were living in the house at the time of the fire and my dad paid my son and myself to empty the mess out for a quick sale) 
It might be noted that nobody in my entire family believes a word of it, but at least I'm finally free to never having to acknowledge her existence on this planet. My daughter and step daughter have expressed interest in going to her house to kick her ass, but I don't want them getting in trouble with the law.
A tiny bit of memory was freed up on my phone eliminating at least one contact. 
I guess every family has to have at least one extreme drama queen. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote