Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
'Smart as any in QB prospect in a long time'

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I think the most telling thing of all is how hard one has to look to find a flaw.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Pretty crazy how excited I am to see this guy in stripes.

Really think this is the player that can take us to the promised land.

Went to LSU late and was beating players in condition drills in the heat of Louisiana.

Great point about how Russell Wilson went to Wisconsin late and was the only QB Feldman could think of that did
that and just reigned in a team. The difference with Burrow is like he said, the egos he had to deal with at LSU.

Not the same in Wisconsin.
Reply/Quote
Pretty funny how baffled Rich Eisen was...

"Where the HELL did this come from." lol
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty funny how baffled Rich Eisen was...

"Where the HELL did this come from." lol

The thing is, if he or anyone else looked, Joe started to play really good football the last half of 2018. Then he ran with that success into 2019
Reply/Quote
My ONLY concern is his arm strength. I think it's good enough, I hope it's good enough.

That being said, I stopped watching 2019 and started watching his 2018 games. It seems like he threw a little harder last year - which makes me think he can bring it up a notch when he needs to
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:23 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: The thing is, if he or anyone else looked, Joe started to play really good football the last half of 2018. Then he ran with that success into 2019

Exactly. He had the greatest year ever, but he didn't "just do it for one year." 

I'm excited that Zac has essentially already given Burrow his homework. Using the time on the phone and on Zoom to walk him through the playbook. You think he didn't give Joe permission or tell him to be sure to record those sessions? Child please. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:41 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Exactly. He had the greatest year ever, but he didn't "just do it for one year." 

I'm excited that Zac has essentially already given Burrow his homework. Using the time on the phone and on Zoom to walk him through the playbook. You think he didn't give Joe permission or tell him to be sure to record those sessions? Child please. 
That's the battle cry for the he can't possibly be this good narrative.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Wonderlic scores for 2020 QB prospects:
  • Nate Stanley: 40
  • Jake Fromm: 35
  • Joe Burrow: 34
  • Jake Luton: 29
  • Jordan Love: 27
  • Justin Herbert: 25
  • Anthony Gordon: 25
  • Brian lewerke: 25
  • Jacob Eason: 23
  • James Morgan: 23
  • Jalen Hurts: 18
  • Tua Tagovailoa: 13
sportingnews.com
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: My ONLY concern is his arm strength. I think it's good enough, I hope it's good enough.

That being said, I stopped watching 2019 and started watching his 2018 games. It seems like he threw a little harder last year - which makes me think he can bring it up a notch when he needs to

His arm strength is not a concern. As long as Burrow’s is average (it is) it’s not an issue.

Brady and Peyton Manning did just fine without having a cannon.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wonderlic scores for 2020 QB prospects:

• Nate Stanley: 40
  • Jake Fromm: 35
  • Joe Burrow: 34
  • Jake Luton: 29
  • Jordan Love: 27
  • Justin Herbert: 25
  • Anthony Gordon: 25
  • Brian lewerke: 25
  • Jacob Eason: 23
  • James Morgan: 23
  • Jalen Hurts: 18
  • Tua Tagovailoa: 13
sportingnews.com

Absolutely shocked that Herbert wasn't the highest.  He has incredible book smarts.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Absolutely shocked that Herbert wasn't the highest.  He has incredible book smarts.

Wonder if Tua was even required to attend classes at Alabama?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wonder if Tua was even required to attend classes at Alabama?   Ninja

Doesn't look like it.
Reply/Quote
Found this interesting little article on the Wunderlic.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/wonderlic-scores-nfl-highest-lowest-combine-history/e60oggcptcx616ly9p96bmt7q

Tom Landry was the first coach to use it in the NFL.

Pat McInally is the only known player with a perfect 50 score.  For those who don't remember, he was a Harvard grad.

For QBs the average score is 25.9.

In the article, there's a section about average scores for other types of jobs.

For a score of 14---janitor.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:14 PM)McC Wrote: Found this interesting little article on the Wunderlic.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/wonderlic-scores-nfl-highest-lowest-combine-history/e60oggcptcx616ly9p96bmt7q

Tom Landry was the first coach to use it in the NFL.

Pat McInally is the only known player with a perfect 50 score.  For those who don't remember, he was a Harvard grad.

For QBs the average score is 25.9.

In the article, there's a section about average scores for other types of jobs.

For a score of 14---janitor.

So not only is Tua super durable, he’s smart as a whip! Ninja

Reply/Quote
Then I'll excuse the fact I read that he doesn't like Skyline
Reply/Quote
Just out of curiosity I looked up Dalton’s, he scored a 29. So above average. Joe must be a really smart dude.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just out of curiosity I looked up Dalton’s, he scored a 29. So above average. Joe must be a really smart dude.

Found this list of some notable QB scores:
  • 48 — Ryan Fitzpatrick, Greg McElroy
  • 42 — Blaine Gabbert
  • 40 — Alex Smith
  • 39 — Eli Manning
  • 38 — Colin Kaepernick, Matt Flynn, Matthew Stafford
  • 37 — Tony Romo, Andrew Luck
  • 35 — Aaron Rodgers, Matt Leinart, Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder
  • 34 — Ryan Tannehill
  • 33 — Tom Brady
  • 33 ---Steve Young
  • 33 — Marcus Mariota
  • 32 — Johnny Manziel
  • 31 — Matt Schaub
  • 30 — Philip Rivers
  • 29 — John Elway
  • 29 — Andy Dalton, Nick Foles
  • 28 — Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Mark Sanchez, Blake Bortles
  • 27 — Jameis Winston, Joe Flacco, Josh Freeman
  • 26 — Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, Ryan Mallet
  • 25 — Ben Roethlisberger
  • 24 — Cam Newton, Geno Smith
  • 22 — Brett Favre
  • 21 — Robert Griffin III
  • 20 — Michael Vick, Jake Locher, Teddy Bridgewater
  • 15 — Dan Marino, Donovan McNabb, Jim Kelly, Terry Bradshaw

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:37 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Then I'll excuse the fact I read that he doesn't like Skyline

Doesn't that just make him a Gold Star guy?  

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Doesn't look like it.

Oh, he did attend class. It's just Alabama...  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote