Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
'Smart as any in QB prospect in a long time'
(04-17-2020, 08:18 PM)McC Wrote: Vince Young scored a 6.  You probably get 5 for knowing your name.

Damn...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 08:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn...

Anything under 10 is considered an indication of illiteracy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I want us to draft Burrow.  I don't see any other real option.

I am just not as delusional about him as some people here.  None of them even knew who he was in 2018, so they never saw him struggles.  As a big SEC fan I am more familiar with him.

Everyone is judging Burrow based on what they have seen.  I have just seen more than most of the others here.  I can find no criticism for his 2019 performance, but if no one is concerned about the rest of his college career then they have not been paying attention to NFL draft history and "one year wonders".

I've seen him play in person... He was nothing to right home about. Of course the score was Ohio State 114 - Nebraska 3 so he didn't have to do much. All in all; I'm somewhere between I think he'll be a pretty good QB in the right situation (not sure we have that with Taylor and his drinking buddies at the helm), and he can part the Red Sea. The guy tore it up last year, but I don't expect any kind of dominance with him walking into the NFL. I don't care how good the SEC or Clemson are... Until he does it at the professional level, he's a question mark.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 08:18 PM)McC Wrote: Vince Young scored a 6.  You probably get 5 for knowing your name.

Yet and still he had a better NFL career than Johnny Manziel with his 30 something score.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:16 AM)jason Wrote: Yet and still he had a better NFL career than Johnny Manziel with his 30 something score.

Johnny was life stupid.  And overrated.

Vince Young was a very rare exception.  And he didn't exactly become an NFL legend. And he also sabotaged his own career.

Frank Gore also scored a 6.  But it's no surprise a RB would have a better time of it than a QB.

And the test is supposed to be kinda weird and I'm sure guys can get freaked out by it.  I think I heard it's timed.  I've known people who freak out at the very mention of the word test.

But there's nothing wrong with having a high score.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:14 AM)jason Wrote: I've seen him play in person... He was nothing to right home about. Of course the score was Ohio State 114 - Nebraska 3 so he didn't have to do much. All in all; I'm somewhere between I think he'll be a pretty good QB in the right situation (not sure we have that with Taylor and his drinking buddies at the helm), and he can part the Red Sea. The guy tore it up last year, but I don't expect any kind of dominance with him walking into the NFL. I don't care how good the SEC or Clemson are... Until he does it at the professional level, he's a question mark.

Every rookie QB is a question mark. Hell every rookie is a question mark.

I have been studying up on Burrow like crazy and there are a lot of factors why he was nothing to write home about at OSU.

Hand injury among them.

He just needed to have a whole year in a system and settle in and look what happened...

According to Housh he already has the playbook and with his work ethic is getting ready before even being drafted.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Every rookie QB is a question mark. Hell every rookie is a question mark.

I have been studying up on Burrow like crazy and there are a lot of factors why he was nothing to write home about at OSU.

Hand injury among them.

He just needed to have a whole year in a system and settle in and look what happened...

According to Housh he already has the playbook and with his work ethic is getting ready before even being drafted.

I know... I was just responding to Fred sayin' he'd seen more of him than anybody. Nah, I saw him in person doing mop up duty.

They were wearing those atrocious black unis that night.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:37 PM)jason Wrote: I know... I was just responding to Fred sayin' he'd seen more of him than anybody. Nah, I saw him in person doing mop up duty.

They were wearing those atrocious black unis that night.

Okay Jase, okay. Tell Freddy boy off.
Reply/Quote
Have you heard some NFL players speak? Some people are good at their jobs and the rest of life is a muddled mess. Sure, there are some of both, but I'm sure many of us know someone who has a successful career and you wonder how they dress themselves in the morning.
Reply/Quote
Apparently Herbert really scored a 39 on the Wonderlic. The initial report of 25 was wrong.

Makes Burrow 4th.

Reply/Quote
There is absolutely no connection between the Wonderlic and ability to play QB in the NFL.

The Wonderlic has always been a dubious test of "intelligence," which comes in many different forms.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I like smarts in a QB. Robert Griffin III was a very smart kid coming out of Baylor and if it wasn’t for that knee injury I think he could have been a good NFL QB.

I know it’s not the best example but I typically don’t go for the Big XII high stat players or the majority of dual threat guys coming out of college (though they are actually doing really well lately)
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 09:58 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: There is absolutely no connection between the Wonderlic and ability to play QB in the NFL.

The Wonderlic has always been a dubious test of "intelligence," which comes in many different forms.

I don’t necessarily think a high wonderlic score means much in terms of ability to play QB but I do think a low Wonderlic score is a bad sign (Vince Young for example)
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:07 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don’t necessarily think a high wonderlic score means much in terms of ability to play QB but I do think a low Wonderlic score is a bad sign (Vince Young for example)

They should have a test that measures self destructiveness and laziness in a QB.  Those are the two biggest bust makers for QBs.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:15 PM)McC Wrote: They should have a test that measures self destructiveness and laziness in a QB.  Those are the two biggest bust makers for QBs.

Yeah like Johnny Manziel, but then who needed a test for that. I could have told you he was a grade A c*** that was never going to amount to anything in the NFL.

But then again the Patriots signed Antonio Brown so talent or even perceived talent trumps most issues.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:15 PM)McC Wrote: They should have a test that measures self destructiveness and laziness in a QB.  Those are the two biggest bust makers for QBs.

Interview their college teammates and childhood friends... Problem solved.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 09:58 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: There is absolutely no connection between the Wonderlic and ability to play QB in the NFL.

If you say so. Scoring a 13 is still embarrassing as hell.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 07:11 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: In one of his games, I saw him scramble out to his right (his favorite thing to do Btw, so I'm sure Hart is happy), and on the run threw a dime to Chase 45 yds down the field for a TD with a guy covering him pretty well. 

So, when I hear people saying he doesn't have arm strength, I always go back to that play and laugh my ass off. 

I mean, how much more do you need than that? His Bombs to Chase and others went over 50 yds several times, with most of them being in stride. There were a few left short (Like Dalton's all the time), but no one is perfect. 

After watching Dalton short arm so many of his bombs over the years, with AJ and Ross taking tea breaks often times, I'll be more than happy to see what he can do instead. 

Any college can throw a ball 45-50 yards.  Deep pass accuracy is about timing, not arm strength.

Arm strength is about throwing a ten yard out pattern on a rope so a defender can not jump the route.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Any college can throw a ball 45-50 yards.  Deep pass accuracy is about timing, not arm strength.

Arm strength is about throwing a ten yard out pattern on a rope so a defender can not jump the route.

Idk, I have my doubts that Finley could actually throw it 50 yds. Lol

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:47 PM)Destro Wrote: I'm sure many of us know someone who has a successful career and you wonder how they dress themselves in the morning.

[Image: Cam-Newton-in-scarf-900x506.jpg]

Reply/Quote