Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
'Smart as any in QB prospect in a long time'
(04-18-2020, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Every rookie QB is a question mark. Hell every rookie is a question mark.

I have been studying up on Burrow like crazy and there are a lot of factors why he was nothing to write home about at OSU.

Hand injury among them.

He just needed to have a whole year in a system and settle in and look what happened...

According to Housh he already has the playbook and with his work ethic is getting ready before even being drafted.

I think there were several in that program (including players) that thought Burrow was going to be the next big QB in college football.  He performed damn good in the spring games and just had the "it" factor.  The injuries that year cost him the starting job and more than likely Ohio State a national championship last year.

That being said, I went back and watched a bunch of his games last year and there were common themes:

1.  Great throw, dropped by WR.
2.  Great decisions - i counted at least 4 plays where he switched out a the LOS and the team scored on that play.
3.  Under center a fair amount, pass protection was a huge issue
4.  The guy never quits and 

The other thing that people always gloss over like it's no big deal - he didn't get an offseason with his teammates.  That's a huge issue and probably the main reason why he started to play better at the end of the year.  He led the team to a 10-3 record with only the ugly 29-0 loss to Alabama as the wart.  74-72 to A&M and 27-19 to Florida.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: My ONLY concern is his arm strength. I think it's good enough, I hope it's good enough.

That being said, I stopped watching 2019 and started watching his 2018 games.  It seems like he threw a little harder last year - which makes me think he can bring it up a notch when he needs to

Burrow has a better arm than Manning, Montana, and yes, Brady.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Burrow has a better arm than Manning, Montana, and yes, Brady.  

I think so as well.  Like I said earlier, it's the only concern that I have.  Going back and watching some of the games in the playoffs, he got "away" with some throws on outs that should have been picked off.  If he's throwing a bunch of those a game, we may have some problems.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think so as well.  Like I said earlier, it's the only concern that I have.  Going back and watching some of the games in the playoffs, he got "away" with some throws on outs that should have been picked off.  If he's throwing a bunch of those a game, we may have some problems.

I said this in another thread.  My only concern for Burrow is his health because he takes way too many hits trying to make plays.  He needs to learn to slide.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I said this in another thread.  My only concern for Burrow is his health because he takes way too many hits trying to make plays.  He needs to learn to slide.  

I don't think he'll ever slide.  He said in an interview that he feels that it's more dangerous to slide.  

All I know is that he better figure something out.
Reply/Quote
this is nice to hear...

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: this is nice to hear...

[Image: d96.jpg]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think there were several in that program (including players) that thought Burrow was going to be the next big QB in college football.  He performed damn good in the spring games and just had the "it" factor.  The injuries that year cost him the starting job and more than likely Ohio State a national championship last year.

That being said, I went back and watched a bunch of his games last year and there were common themes:

1.  Great throw, dropped by WR.
2.  Great decisions - i counted at least 4 plays where he switched out a the LOS and the team scored on that play.
3.  Under center a fair amount, pass protection was a huge issue
4.  The guy never quits and 

The other thing that people always gloss over like it's no big deal - he didn't get an offseason with his teammates.  That's a huge issue and probably the main reason why he started to play better at the end of the year.  He led the team to a 10-3 record with only the ugly 29-0 loss to Alabama as the wart.  74-72 to A&M and 27-19 to Florida.

Great stuff Hammerstripes, of the things I didn't do was go back and watch Burrow play his Junior year.

Thanks for the confirmation, think we have a very special QB coming in. Cool
Reply/Quote