Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith misses Friday Practice....probably out for Mon
SMITH SITS AGAIN: With right tackle Andre Smith (concussion) not on the field for Friday’s practice, it looks more and more like Eric Winston is going to get the start against his old team Monday (8:30 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 5 and ESPN) when Houston comes to Paul Brown Stadium.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-8-0-suits-popular-Bengals-Winston-on-deck-vs-old-mates/5560f202-3ce4-460c-bee3-66d18de5341a
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: SMITH SITS AGAIN: With right tackle Andre Smith (concussion) not on the field for Friday’s practice, it looks more and more like Eric Winston is going to get the start against his old team Monday (8:30 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 5 and ESPN) when Houston comes to Paul Brown Stadium.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-8-0-suits-popular-Bengals-Winston-on-deck-vs-old-mates/5560f202-3ce4-460c-bee3-66d18de5341a

That's not good.  I like Winston as a back up but this is one game where he could get beat very badly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn, hope he is ready the following week.

I think we can survive the Texans without him unless Watt and company cause a lot of TO's.

Winston played terrible in the Preseason but he has done okay in Andre's absence, hope he keeps it up.

Not an easy task against the Texans front.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:49 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's not good.  I like Winston as a back up but this is one game where he could get beat very badly.

Andre was getting beat in pitt... Winstons held his own most times.

plus i doubt we expected him (smith) to be cleared today might get cleared sunday.
Reply/Quote
Definitely not good. Time for a dink and dink offense that throws away from J.J. (S)Watt.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:17 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Definitely not good. Time for a dink and dink offense that throws away from J.J. (S)Watt.

Run it on them.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Andre was getting beat in pitt...  Winstons held his own most times.

plus i doubt we expected him (smith) to be cleared today might get cleared sunday.

No he wasn't. This has been gone over before. 
Reply/Quote
If this does extend out, then I'm concerned for us depth-wise. I imagine the team is working on plan "B" just in case.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Andre was getting beat in pitt...  Winstons held his own most times.

I thought I remembered Marvin's policy being "if you don't practice on Friday, you don't play on Sunday," but how does it go for Monday games?

Do they practice tomorrow or Sunday?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought I remembered Marvin's policy being "if you don't practice on Friday, you don't play on Sunday," but how does it go for Monday games?

Do they practice tomorrow or Sunday?

quiet a few times carson didnt practice all week and marvin let him play on sunday.

IDK with it being a home game they might have some extra walkthrus. But andre has been around long enough he should be able to play if healthy we will see.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:26 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: If this does extend out, then I'm concerned for us depth-wise. I imagine the team is working on plan "B" just in case.

Plan B is Cedrick Ogbuehi

For Sunday home games they've been using Friday for walk throughs and as a rejuvinate day with the final game practice coming on Saturday.  Seems logical for a Monday home game the schedule is pushed back a day.  I'd rather them be cautious with Smith and have him ready for Arizona

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:49 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's not good.  I like Winston as a back up but this is one game where he could get beat very badly.

I'm guessing we'll see Kroft and Hewitt get some more snaps if Watt starts having his way with Winston. Although I'm guessing we'll continue with the quick passes to neutralize Watt.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm guessing we'll see Kroft and Hewitt get some more snaps if Watt starts having his way with Winston. Although I'm guessing we'll continue with the quick passes to neutralize Watt.

It might not be a bad game to use the jumbo package with Fisher at TE either to help out on Watt.

I think i would trust him to help out more-so then a TE. Plus we should be able to run on the Texans front.

It is their pass rush that is a bit concerning with Andre out. Run the ball and like you said, quick passes.
Reply/Quote
Winston = brick wall. Go deep!!!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:35 PM)pally Wrote:
Plan B is Cedrick Ogbuehi

For Sunday home games they've been using Friday for walk throughs and as a rejuvinate day with the final game practice coming on Saturday.  Seems logical for a Monday home game the schedule is pushed back a day.  I'd rather them be cautious with Smith and have him ready for Arizona

I think you mean Jake Fisher.

Ogbuehi hasn't even had two full weeks of NFL practice in his life, not to mention the lack of any NFL snaps, or even being on an active NFL roster.  He's not going to be thrown up against J.J. Watt like that.
Reply/Quote
One day Andre will J.J. again, this will be twice in two years he's missed a Texans game.

Get ready to chip J.J. to no end.
Reply/Quote
Remember, Marshall Newhouse played pretty much the game of his life vs. Watt last year when Smith went out = 0 sacks. I don't think they'll give Winston any more help other than chips or maybe a RB sliding over.

They had no intention of having to make a roster change for Ogbuehi after just one week, but Smith could force their hand - he was out for what, 4-5 weeks of last preseason with a concussion? Obviously an injury on Monday could change things, too, but this will be interesting. Granted, this will be three games but he's only been out 15 days at that point. So the 18th will be an important marker in that regard, as it'll be a resumption of practice on the short week.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm guessing we'll see Kroft and Hewitt get some more snaps if Watt starts having his way with Winston. Although I'm guessing we'll continue with the quick passes to neutralize Watt.

I don't think they will wait.  I think they will have a TE helping Winston every down.  There will be one less option in the pattern, but you have to keep Dalton clean.  I'm hoping this is the game where the running game breaks out so AZ has a lot to think about. 
Reply/Quote
We have seen the commercials so far it is Watt heavy,

The Bengals have moved Whit to the right all the time.

Just punch every Texan in the mouth
Reply/Quote

You say quick passes and I keep visualizing the playoff game when Watt snagged a quick throw out of the air and ran it back for 6. He's a smart player and he will figure out what we are doing eventually. I think our WR's are by far better than their secondary. Challenge them deep.
Reply/Quote