Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Snap Counts vs Colts
The long awaited DL rotation was in full effect on Sunday. And Irv Smith is, by playing time. TE 4

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 06:10 PM)pally Wrote: The long awaited DL rotation was in full effect on Sunday.  And Irv Smith is, by playing time. TE 4

I appreciate Irv Smith wanting to be part of the team and signing with the Bengals but it hasnt worked out.  Sometimes it just happens.  Hudson looks to be our best receiving TE and Sample has done more in the passing game the last few weeks than I expected plus he is a very good blocker.  Wilcox although not great at any one thing can block and can catch some passes.  I think those 3 have outplayed Smith.  Smith could possibly challenge for #3 TE but I dont think he makes it to #1 or #2 given what Hudson and Sample are showing.
Reply/Quote
I hoped Smith would work out, but it appears he does not block great or get open. Good to see other develop like Sample and Hudson.

Thanks Pally for this report. Last night i was thinking, did Ossai play? Maybe I missed it, but in his 27% snaps I did not notice him.

I am noticing Sample, Murphy and Carter more each week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hoped Smith would work out, but it appears he does not block great or get open. Good to see other develop like Sample and Hudson.

Thanks Pally for this report. Last night i was thinking, did Ossai play? Maybe I missed it, but in his 27% snaps I did not notice him.

I am noticing Sample, Murphy and Carter more each week.

I did not notice Ossai either.  The box score does indicate he made one tackle.
Reply/Quote
I fully expect we get Tanner Hudson signed soon so that he can be TE1 and they stock up behind him with picks to develop.
Reply/Quote
Did Logan Wilson not play?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 06:36 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I did not notice Ossai either.  The box score does indicate he made one tackle.

It's an ongoing theme with him. Most of the time that I see that he's playing is when I see his number on a jersey walking back to the huddle after the play is over. It's like "Oh! Ossai is in the game." And that's the last I think of him or notice him until someone mentions his name on the message board after the game.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 06:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I appreciate Irv Smith wanting to be part of the team and signing with the Bengals but it hasnt worked out.  Sometimes it just happens.  Hudson looks to be our best receiving TE and Sample has done more in the passing game the last few weeks than I expected plus he is a very good blocker.  Wilcox although not great at any one thing can block and can catch some passes.  I think those 3 have outplayed Smith.  Smith could possibly challenge for #3 TE but I dont think he makes it to #1 or #2 given what Hudson and Sample are showing.

Much to my chagrin, Drew Sample has become an important part of the offense, for multiple reasons. 

Not really to my chagrin, i just wanted to type that word.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 09:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did Logan Wilson not play?

Click on the tweet
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Tanner Hudson needs more snaps all that guy does is make plays.

Cigar
Reply/Quote