Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snap counts for week 5
[Image: week-5-snaps-offense.jpg]
Love Gio but he's paid too much to be a backup.
[Image: week-5-snap-counts-defense.jpg]
Sad to see that Shawn Williams somehow made it on to the field 13 times. I really dislike watching that man try to play football. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:47 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: [Image: week-5-snaps-offense.jpg]
Sad to see that Shawn Williams somehow made it on to the field 13 times. I really dislike watching that man try to play football. 

Shawn Williams is a talented safety and has been for years. If they can find a way to get him on the field more, they absolutely should. 
Reply/Quote
Khalid Kareem is going to get alot of snaps over the next few weeks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 04:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Shawn Williams is a talented safety and has been for years. If they can find a way to get him on the field more, they absolutely should. 

There is a reason why they signed Vonn Bell.

Williams has made a few plays, that I'll give him, but he more often than not reads and reacts to plays way too late and he made a field flipping mistake in pretty much every game he started. Williams was often tasked with covering TEs and we know how that's been in Cincinnati since Reggie Nelson's spot was filled by Shawn Williams.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:47 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: [Image: week-5-snaps-offense.jpg]

No doubt. Last 2 years dude has 224 tackles, 6 INTs, and 2 sacks. We need to keep that off the field as much as we can. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 08:39 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: There is a reason why they signed Vonn Bell.

Williams has made a few plays, that I'll give him, but he more often than not reads and reacts to plays way too late and he made a field flipping mistake in pretty much every game he started. Williams was often tasked with covering TEs and we know how that's been in Cincinnati since Reggie Nelson's spot was filled by Shawn Williams.

That was a problem in Reggie's time as well, but I digress.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 08:39 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: There is a reason why they signed Vonn Bell.

It certainly wasn’t for Williams. It was quite common for Cincinnati to run three safeties last year in their dime package and they added Vonn Bell to bolster that idea. Shawn and Jessie both played over 90% of the snaps last season (93% for Williams and 98% for Bates). Brandon Wilson and Clayton played 17% and 10% of snaps, respectively. Lou would bring them out as the dime defensive back. With the Bell signing, the idea was that Bell and Trae Waynes and Reader would make the run defense stronger with this type of defensive setup.

The tight end issue has been around for a long time now, including when Reggie was here. Shawn is a better cover safety than Vonn is, but Vonn excels as an in-the-box safety (Bell has one interception for his entire career). I would expect to be seeing more of Shawn Williams as the season progresses.
Reply/Quote
Glad to see John Ross attempted to be utilized again.
Reply/Quote