Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Sniff* *Sniff* Do You Guys Smell That?
I smell a one year extension coming up for Marvin Lewis after this season ends. So after this week hearing rumors about Marvin leaving we will see Mike Brown announce that the Bengals are "Doing Some Good Things" as a precursor to Marvin's extension.

Don't lose your mind guys, just enjoy the small moments we get as fans...

PS- and certainly don't get your hopes up this offseason that the team made the changes to go deep next year because Marvin will be back negating any changes!
Reply/Quote
Hmmmmm.....I smell shit......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If there's an extension I'll not watch (I know it won't matter what I do) until Mikey gets 2016'd.
Reply/Quote
I smell a 5 year extension and more of the same mediocrity.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
[Image: Poop.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 08:56 PM)GodFather Wrote: I smell a one year extension coming up for Marvin Lewis after this season ends.  So after this week hearing rumors about Marvin leaving we will see Mike Brown announce that the Bengals are "Doing Some Good Things" as a precursor to Marvin's extension.

PS- and certainly don't get your hopes up this offseason that the team made the changes to go deep next year because Marvin will be back negating any changes!

How many more times are you going to predict this.

Did you think we did not see it the first 100 times?

And what are you goingn to do if you are wrong?  Do you promise to come back and eat crow in all 100 threads?

Finally, if you are so convinced that nmarvin will be here for life then why has he only gotten a 1 year extension the last two times.  Explain that.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 08:56 PM)GodFather Wrote: I smell a one year extension coming up for Marvin Lewis after this season ends.  So after this week hearing rumors about Marvin leaving we will see Mike Brown announce that the Bengals are "Doing Some Good Things" as a precursor to Marvin's extension.

if he does get extended it will probly be a 1 year deal and not happen till near training camp.
Reply/Quote
Godfather, you want to make a sig bet that Marvin does not get an extension before the start of the '17 season?

Based on the fact that he only got one year extensions the last couple of times I am betting that he does not get an extension after thi 5 win season.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hmmmmm.....I smell shit......

Isn't that the same thing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 54938988.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Godfather, you want to make a sig bet that Marvin does not get an extension before the start of the '17 season?

Based on the fact that he only got one year extensions the last couple of times I am betting that he does not get an extension after thi 5 win season.

You back out of your bets, Ive seen you bet with other members on the last board many times and back out at the last minute..
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How many more times are you going to predict this.

Did you think we did not see it the first 100 times?

And what are you goingn to do if you are wrong?  Do you promise to come back and eat crow in all 100 threads?

Finally, if you are so convinced that nmarvin will be here for life then why has he only gotten a 1 year extension the last two times.  Explain that.

Apparently not, just making sure. I thought I would try to match you with repetitive threads and comments but you still reign king with your predictive responses.

Eat crow? Maybe I should be like you and disappear for awhile like you always have in the past.

Im convinced because the front office is predictable. He's not going anywhere until MARVIN is ready to leave, period.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:53 AM)GodFather Wrote: You back out of your bets, Ive seen you bet with other members on the last board many times and back out at the last minute..

Not true at all.

I did back out of a bet once but it was well before the season even began, so it was not "at the last minute" and it was not after I had lost or anything had changed to make my chances of losing even greater.

But why would this keep you from making a sig bet with me?  If I did back out after losing you could just make fun of me.

So how about it.  I have seen you make this same claim about 100 times, so I don't know why you would not want to make a sig bet to back it up.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:57 AM)GodFather Wrote: Eat crow? Maybe I should be like you and disappear for awhile like you always have in the past.

Im convinced because the front office is predictable. He's not going anywhere until MARVIN is ready to leave, period.

I have never "disappeared" when I was wrong.

If you are convinced then lets make a sig bet.  Since you have absolutely nothing to lose then why not?
Reply/Quote
I dont think it really matters one way or another if Marvin gets an extension. He can stay as long as he likes. Id say at this point that Aj or andy leaves before Marvin. If we have another 5 win season next year, that should be good enough for another year just like it is now.

Theres a definite reason we have not even won a playoff game since 1991. Its not always just a bad break.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin fulfills his contract for next year and then retires, regardless of the record next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not true at all.

I did back out of a bet once but it was well before the season even began, so it was not "at the last minute" and it was not after I had lost or anything had changed to make my chances of losing even greater.

But why would this keep you from making a sig bet with me?  If I did back out after losing you could just make fun of me.

So how about it.  I have seen you make this same claim about 100 times, so I don't know why you would not want to make a sig bet to back it 

You are the type of guy who doesn't back up his word from your past actions, thats why. And since you claim Ive said this 100 times in the past you obviously didn't understand my post..posts...many many many posts! I said Marvin will get a one year extension REGARDLESS if its next week, or spring, summer or 2nd week of the season. He's getting one at some point this year.

The only exception is if Marvin is ready to leave then he will leave on his terms. It won't be because Brown will fire him. Its that simple...

If anyone says black you say white, if they say up you say down...you want to talk about someone who is redundant with their posts? Look at yours. They are the most predictable posts on the net!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:08 PM)GodFather Wrote: You are the type of guy who doesn't back up his word from your past actions, thats why. And since you claim Ive said this 100 times in the past you obviously didn't understand my post..posts...many many many posts! I said Marvin will get a one year extension REGARDLESS if its next week, or spring, summer or 2nd week of the season. He's getting one at some point this year.

Okay then.  I say no contract extension at all this year.  If Marvin wins 12-13 games and earns a contract extension then I won't mind losing a silly sig bet.

Is it a bet? 
Reply/Quote
*sniff* *sniff*

Do you guys smell chickenshit?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: *sniff*  *sniff*

Do you guys smell chickenshit?

No Im not betting someone who's proven not to keep his word. Your the equivalent to somebody asking to borrow money from when you know that money will never be seen again. In other words...your suspect!

Believe me when he gets that extension Im going to make your life hell on here...
Reply/Quote