Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Snow possible for Bengals @ Bills
(01-19-2023, 02:26 PM)Housh Wrote: This game is just shaping up to be a big loss. I hate to have such little optimism but i just cannot see a way past all this BS unless we magically get a run game just for the Bills game

I feel you dude. We need Joey B to overcome it and fingers crossed that one day soon the NFL falls in love with him behind the scenes. That way, I can be the conspiracy guy saying it favors my squad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I feel you dude. We need Joey B to overcome it and fingers crossed that one day soon the NFL falls in love with him behind the scenes. That way, I can be the conspiracy guy saying it favors my squad.

One thing Housh forgets in his post though is that we use the passing game to our RB's as an extension of the running game 
more now than we have in a long time. We don't HAVE to run the ball great to beat these guys especially if Allen is coughing up
the football at times against our Defense that is going to be punching at the ball all game trying to cause turnovers.

Also, Carman IS a good run blocker if he stays set through the snap which has been my concern with him.

Tall order though, with the refs in the Bills pocket, home cooking and such.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand the freak out by people assuming this will be a loss. The Bengals haven't lost a game since October. They've played 2 games since the MNF situation and the NFL screwing them, and they didn't lose either of those. This team finds ways to win and grind it out. They're not poised to dominate perhaps, but they have every right and ability to take home a W. Tough matchup, on the road with injuries and bad weather will be hard, but not impossible. I just don't get the negative feelings here.

Regarding the snow, I don't think it'll hurt their game plan. I can't see them hucking it deep very often anyway if the OL can't hold up. Plus, every guy on that field has to run in the same conditions. If it's slippery for one, it's slippery for all. Don't see how that ever favors one team over another, but could slow things down. So I see it as a non-factor.

And yes, definitely going to look epic watching the Bengals win in the white unis with that snow falling. Some glorious footage forthcoming.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 03:09 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: ****

And yes, definitely going to look epic watching the Bengals win in the white unis with that snow falling.  Some glorious footage forthcoming.

Boy, wish they could use the white helmets. Then if the snow is heavy, the defensive players  could be camouflaged, like a white Bengal tiger in the snow!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 11:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see rain as more of an issue than snow. But the bigger issue is wind. Any winds gusting over 15 MPH can hurt a passing game. But looks like wind around 8 MPH which is fairly calm.

There is one other option, and that is Ice Rain, and that is the worst.  Forget Rain or Snow, nothing is worse than Ice Rain. It comes down as Ice on car windows, on roads. You can't drive on it, you can't walk on it, you sure as heck can't play football on it.   So the weather prediction that the game will be snow at time and rain at times, but never clear at times, lets just hope the snow and rain don't combine to make Ice Rain and Ice up the field in seconds, because neither team can play on ice, and it would be one awful game, both teams looking awful. 

Snow or Rain, but hopefully not Ice Rain.  Since Buffalo is going to have snow days in a row before this game, it's to be expected.  I'm old and I saw 1969 Bengals at Bills game in snow so bad, there were no yard lines or out of bounds lines, just snow and 2 goal posts. Some of this use to be on YouTube. A key play was Bob Johnson snapping ball way over Greg Cooks head, due to snow, because Bob Johnson was a good center.  OJ Simpson and Paul Robinson couldn't run.  Greg Cook couldn't throw.  A low scoring game of two teams flubbing around in the snow all game.  So a game in Buffalo in late January, Snow does not surprise me.  I just hope not Ice Rain, you can't drive or walk in Ice Rain. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The snow isn't going to affect one team over the other. It's a non factor. You're all wasting energy talking about it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The team is practicing inside Paycor today to get some work in windy conditions

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I feel a snow job coming on for the Bengals...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 04:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The snow isn't going to affect one team over the other. It's a non factor. You're all wasting energy talking about it. 
Sorry, Dad...

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 04:56 PM)pally Wrote: The team is practicing inside Paycor today to get some work in windy conditions

Sounds like a good idea.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 03:09 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't understand the freak out by people assuming this will be a loss.  The Bengals haven't lost a game since October.  They've played 2 games since the MNF situation and the NFL screwing them, and they didn't lose either of those.  This team finds ways to win and grind it out.  They're not poised to dominate perhaps, but they have every right and ability to take home a W.  Tough matchup, on the road with injuries and bad weather will be hard, but not impossible.  I just don't get the negative feelings here.  

Regarding the snow, I don't think it'll hurt their game plan.  I can't see them hucking it deep very often anyway if the OL can't hold up.  Plus, every guy on that field has to run in the same conditions.  If it's slippery for one, it's slippery for all.  Don't see how that ever favors one team over another, but could slow things down.  So I see it as a non-factor.

And yes, definitely going to look epic watching the Bengals win in the white unis with that snow falling.  Some glorious footage forthcoming.

I am not assuming this will be a loss at all. I have us winning, but I understand the concerns with the ref crew we are getting, 
the home field advantage and our OL having 3 backups on it. Still not enough concerns for me to pick against this team, they 
can overcome as they have all year like you mention. Next man up and I think Adeniji has played well in LC's absence. Scharping
had one terrible play against the Ratbirds where he was owned but he had lots of great snaps playing through the whistle.

Carman also wasn't terrible being thrown into the fire at LT, there is hope. Plus this isn't the Ravens Defense AT ALL.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 04:56 PM)pally Wrote: The team is practicing inside Paycor today to get some work in windy conditions

They can practice for wind . They can't practice for ..........

[Image: 249px-Carl_Cheffers_%282019%29.jpg]
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 09:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Surprised Bills dont have a heated field

They have radiant heating throughout the stadium, which was installed about 10 years ago.
Don't know how much of this heat affects the field of play
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-bring-the-heat-in-stadium-11956969

Also their turf, A-Turf Titan is the only stadium with this type of turf.
Haven't heard any complaints about this field.

Reply/Quote