Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowpiercer
Has anyone else seen this? If not it's worth a watch.
Reply/Quote
Saw it at some point last year, pleasantly surprised.  FX were pretty good considering the budget.  

Found this interesting when digging up the budget:
Quote:Box office / business for
Snowpiercer (2013) More at IMDbPro »
Budget
$39,200,000 (estimated)

Opening Weekend
$171,187 (USA) (29 June 2014) (8 Screens)
$7,830,000 (China) (17 March 2014)
$2,222,114 (France) (30 October 2013) (307 Screens)
$146,386 (Germany) (3 April 2014) (88 Screens)
$108,999 (Hong Kong) (28 November 2013) (52 Screens)
$160,221 (Italy) (27 February 2014) (188 Screens)
$633,748 (Japan) (7 February 2014) (108 Screens)
$32,040 (Malaysia) (20 February 2014) (8 Screens)
$60,572 (Netherlands) (3 April 2014) (38 Screens)
$14,842,419 (South Korea) (1 August 2013) (1,127 Screens)
$283,284 (Thailand) (5 December 2013) (91 Screens)

Wonder why it could only get on 8 screens originally in the US...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:16 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Saw it at some point last year, pleasantly surprised.  FX were pretty good considering the budget.  

Found this interesting when digging up the budget:

Wonder why it could only get on 8 screens originally in the US...

No idea. I saw it a while back but recently watched it again. It's one of those movies that's pretty good that no one has seen.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No idea.   I saw it a while back but recently watched it again.    It's one of those movies that's pretty good that no one has seen.

Is that the one that's on a train, some kind of post Apocalyptic kind of world?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:48 PM)McC Wrote: Is that the one that's on a train, some kind of post Apocalyptic kind of world?

yeah. Battle wages between the class system on the train.  There is some reason the train is one of the only safe places left in the world.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: yeah. Battle wages between the class system on the train.  There is some reason the train is one of the only safe places left in the world.

Yep some chemical that was supposed to fox climate change actually caused an ice age scenario. But as usual the world fixes itself but the people on the train have no idea because of the fear of death. Over this fear they allow themselves to be crammed into small box.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yep some chemical that was supposed to fox climate change actually caused an ice age scenario.    But as usual the world fixes itself but the people on the train have no idea because of the fear of death.  Over this fear they allow themselves to be crammed into small box.

I started watching it but it was so claustrophobic I had to look away.  Maybe I should go back and try again?

If I'm remembering right, people were being killed, weren't they?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
  Wrote:I started watching it but it was so claustrophobic I had to look away.  Maybe I should go back and try again?

If I'm remembering right, people were being killed, weren't they?

There were some deaths ...   It's worth a watch.   Underrated movie
Reply/Quote
Saw it when it hit the local indie theater. Wasn't familiar with the source material going in, but it was a fascinating expereince. Had a really unique loook and tone to it. It's one of the more interesting movies I've seen the past few years. If you ever complain about a dearth of smart, creative sci-fi, then this movie is for you.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I really enjoyed the movie. It is certainly an underrated movie.
Reply/Quote