Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Are We Going to Play B.J. Finney, or What?
I'm pretty sure B.J. Finney has yet to play a single offensive snap. (Someone please correct if I'm wrong.) Wouldn't it make to sense to maybe give this guy a shot before the year is up? I mean, the dude has been here like 6 weeks now.

Keep in mind, Finney has starting experience at both Center and Guard.

With all of the bodies being rotated (Michael Jordan benched, Adeniji benched, Fred Johnson benched, Spain moving in and out of the lineup) why not give this guy some snaps?

Fwiw, he's currently due to make 3.5 million next season, with the ability to cut bait with no dead cap.

Curious to hear what others think. It seems odd to take a player in trade, and in a year where you've replaced both guards, to not even give him a chance.

Maybe he just absolutely stinks but then that begs the question, why the hell did you take him in trade? Just leave him out of the deal and try to get a round or two higher of a pick, or select another backup player to pair with the pick.
Reply/Quote
This has been a big mystery to me.

The Seahawks signed Finney to be their starting center (2 yr $8 million contract), but he has extensive experience at all three interior position from when he played for the Steelers.

Seems like as bad as we have been at O-line, and given all the injuries we have had there that Finney would have found some playing time before now.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This has been a big mystery to me.

The Seahawks signed Finney to be their starting center (2 yr $8 million contract), but he has extensive experience at all three interior position from when he played for the Steelers.

Seems like as bad as we have been at O-line, and given all the injuries we have had there that Finney would have found some playing time before now.

Agreed.

My only thought is the Bengals never intended to consider Finney for anything other than an emergency player and plans to cut him after the season, as there will be no dead cap in 2021 or 2022. Seattle needed/wanted to purge some cap to make room for Dunlap and CIN agreed to take him on for the rest of the year for the sake of getting Dunlap off the books.

If there was a thought he should be considered for beyond 2020, he should have been getting some playing time by now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-sign-offensive-lineman-b-j-finney
Quote:The Seahawks bolstered their interior line depth by signing former Steelers center B.J. Finney.
Quote:Finney's addition will give the Seahawks interior depth with centers Justin Britt and Ethan Pocic both coming off of season-ending injuries

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
(12-14-2020, 07:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-sign-offensive-lineman-b-j-finney

Seahawks to Sign Former Steelers’ OL B.J. Finney: Report | Heavy.com

The Seahawks still have more work to do all over the roster and especially with the offensive line. Yet, the signing of Finney gives the team one more potential starting option.

B.J. Finney Signs With the Seattle Seahawks - Last Word on Pro Football (lastwordonsports.com)

He consistently played well in Pittsburgh when his number was called. It was only a matter of time until he became a starter somewhere.

Versatile OL B.J. Finney Signs Two-Year Deal with Seahawks - Sports Illustrated Seattle Seahawks News, Analysis and More

Seattle could turn to Finney as its new starting left guard next season. There's also the possibility his arrival plus the decision to tender restricted free agent Joey Hunt could make starting center Justin Britt expendable, 
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they let the new OL Coach get a good look at him before cutting him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 07:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seahawks to Sign Former Steelers’ OL B.J. Finney: Report | Heavy.com

The Seahawks still have more work to do all over the roster and especially with the offensive line. Yet, the signing of Finney gives the team one more potential starting option.

B.J. Finney Signs With the Seattle Seahawks - Last Word on Pro Football (lastwordonsports.com)

He consistently played well in Pittsburgh when his number was called. It was only a matter of time until he became a starter somewhere.

Versatile OL B.J. Finney Signs Two-Year Deal with Seahawks - Sports Illustrated Seattle Seahawks News, Analysis and More

Seattle could turn to Finney as its new starting left guard next season. There's also the possibility his arrival plus the decision to tender restricted free agent Joey Hunt could make starting center Justin Britt expendable, 

"Potential starter" - Heavy.com
"Could turn to Finney" - SI.com

From other sites. Meanwhile Seahawks.com, the actual team's website, said depth multiple times. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Finney was pretty decent with the Steelers. Apparently, he's no MJ/XSF/Spain.
Reply/Quote
He probably pissed off Turner with something really petty.

Reply/Quote

I've said it a million times, the Bengals are not allowed to compete.. something stops them from doing normal things! Why not see what this guy has...It's simple, Taylor is the new mole, he is not ALLOWED to improve the team.

Now, if Taylor was the coach in Pittsburgh, no way he let MJ protect Ben, also, he would be made to see what Finney has. In cincinnati, his hands are tied! Simple as that!

If there any other moves yall wonder about, please re-read this for the answer..

#Scripted
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 10:12 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: I've said it a million times, the Bengals are not allowed to compete.. something stops them from doing normal things! Why not see what this guy has...It's simple, Taylor is the new mole, he is not ALLOWED to improve the team.

Now, if Taylor was the coach in Pittsburgh, no way he let MJ protect Ben, also, he would be made to see what Finney has. In cincinnati, his hands are tied! Simple as that!

If there any other moves yall wonder about, please re-read this for the answer..

#Scripted

The Steelers would have NEVER hired Taylor as HC or even offensive coordinator. One of the 1st rules of hiring is you hire people have succeeded in past jobs.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he’s the covid backup center, like Allen was the QB and Seibert was the K.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Maybe he’s the covid backup center, like Allen was the QB and Seibert was the K.

Maybe he just sucks, and was thrown into the deal to make it look like we didn't give Carlos away.

I like his hair though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not only do I want to see Finney I'd like to see a coupleguys from the PS.

We know what we have in WRs such as Mike Thomas and Alex Erickson. Let's see what we have in Scotty Washington and Trenton Irvin

Shut Gio down and see if the big RB from FSU gives us anything

But the one I really want to see is Mitchel Wilcox at TE.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
maybe the 2 weeks he was off with COVID caused some issues

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 12:17 AM)pally Wrote: maybe the 2 weeks he was off with COVID caused some issues

Thanks, I had missed that. I asked about him on Sunday in the inactive list thread.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:43 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe he just sucks, and was thrown into the deal to make it look like we didn't give Carlos away.

I like his hair though.

Really?
[Image: qce4rjb0dkieiucbg1cx.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not only do I want to see Finney I'd like to see a coupleguys from the PS.

We know what we have in WRs such as Mike Thomas and Alex Erickson. Let's see what we have in Scotty Washington and Trenton Irvin

Shut Gio down and see if the big RB from FSU gives us anything

But the one I really want to see is Mitchel Wilcox at TE.

Good call.   I would like to see Winston Rose.  CB could be a position of need next year if they don't retain WJIII.  I have no idea why Sims is out there other than to ensure they still get the #3 overall pick.  
Reply/Quote
He probably didn't suck up to Jim Turner enough.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Really?
[Image: qce4rjb0dkieiucbg1cx.jpg]

Guess not... Coulda swore he was a hippie.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote