Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Are We Going to Play B.J. Finney, or What?
(12-15-2020, 10:49 AM)jason Wrote: Guess not... Coulda swore he was a hippie.

I think that was my fault. When we first got him I put up a picture of the former Seahawks center Joey Hunt who I (for some reason) mistook for Finney.

[Image: usatsi_11420587.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:49 AM)jason Wrote: Guess not... Coulda swore he was a hippie.

He looks like someone who would stuff a hippie in a locker...lol
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 02:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He looks like someone who would stuff a hippie in a locker...lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 07:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed.

My only thought is the Bengals never intended to consider Finney for anything other than an emergency player and plans to cut him after the season, as there will be no dead cap in 2021 or 2022. Seattle needed/wanted to purge some cap to make room for Dunlap and CIN agreed to take him on for the rest of the year for the sake of getting Dunlap off the books.

If there was a thought he should be considered for beyond 2020, he should have been getting some playing time by now.

Pretty sure this is exactly it. Something to do with offset language in the CBA that I don't understand, or maybe there were some financial considerations in the trade that we're not privy to. But I'm certain Seattle needed to clear room to take on Dunlap, and us taking Finney was part of that. 
Reply/Quote
Well, I heard Finney's best position was LG, and you know we certainly couldn't displace the living legend Michael Jordan.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not only do I want to see Finney I'd like to see a coupleguys from the PS.

We know what we have in WRs such as Mike Thomas and Alex Erickson. Let's see what we have in Scotty Washington and Trenton Irvin

Shut Gio down and see if the big RB from FSU gives us anything

But the one I really want to see is Mitchel Wilcox at TE.

But we have the best blocking TE in the nfl. Why look at another one
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not only do I want to see Finney I'd like to see a coupleguys from the PS.

We know what we have in WRs such as Mike Thomas and Alex Erickson. Let's see what we have in Scotty Washington and Trenton Irvin

Patrick is a bruiser. He was mainly used as thunder to Akers' lightning. I'd like to see him as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 07:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm pretty sure B.J. Finney has yet to play a single offensive snap. (Someone please correct if I'm wrong.) Wouldn't it make to sense to maybe give this guy a shot before the year is up? I mean, the dude has been here like 6 weeks now.

Keep in mind, Finney has starting experience at both Center and Guard.

With all of the bodies being rotated (Michael Jordan benched, Adeniji benched, Fred Johnson benched, Spain moving in and out of the lineup) why not give this guy some snaps?

Fwiw, he's currently due to make 3.5 million next season, with the ability to cut bait with no dead cap.

Curious to hear what others think. It seems odd to take a player in trade, and in a year where you've replaced both guards, to not even give him a chance.

Maybe he just absolutely stinks but then that begs the question, why the hell did you take him in trade? Just leave him out of the deal and try to get a round or two higher of a pick, or select another backup player to pair with the pick.

I'm pretty sure it was always a salary dump from the Seahawks to make room for Dunlap. The big clue is that Finney could be cut with zero dead money at the end of the year.

Finney is primarily a C but they liked Hopkins enough to give him a big contract and Zac raved about Price's attitude (of course it could have been the Front Office's intention to sign Finney so they could shop Price and Zac vetoed this but this seems unlikely). He can play G too but the Bengals were already pursuing Spain so why would they pursue another (back-up) O-lineman?

Don't forget my guy Stanley Morgan (who's actually been promoted to the roster).
Reply/Quote